Location: 275 Eastland Road, Berea, OH, USA
with Baldwin Wallace University Swimming & Diving
|Baldwin Wallace University is seeking a Men’s and Women’s Swimming Intern Coach to assist with the overall success, performance, and conduct of the BW Yellow Jackets men’s and women’s swimming & diving program. This is a full time, one-year internship which is renewable for an additional year based on performance. There will be a monthly stipend paid out through the academic year, contract will run August 19th-May 1st.
|Responsibilities: Assist the Head Coach with coaching and supervision of the Swimming Program. Help monitor and advise student-athletes to ensure academic success. Assist in evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and one year of coaching or other related work experience. Previous experience swimming at the collegiate level.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Head Coach Laura Demaline at [email protected]
Application deadline is May 31, 2019
Location: 4105 Mermaid Blvd, Wilmington, DE, USA
with Delaware Swim Team
Delaware Swim Team (DST) is seeking an experienced coach to work primarily with our 8&U and 9-14 age groups.
DST is focused on motivating, teaching, training and young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming in the belief that this experience will provide “life skills” that will prove to be invaluable assets throughout their swimming career and adult life. We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying foundations necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
- Conduct workouts 5-6 days per week.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as communications with parents.
- Work closely with the DST staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole.
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required.
- Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at www.usaswimming.org).
- USA Swimming requirements: Athlete protection training, Background Check through the USA Swimming background check provider, and Foundations of Coaching.
- If not already CPR Certified/ Registered USA swim coach, candidate can complete certifications upon hiring
Education and Experience:
- Competitive Swimming Background Preferred
- Previous coaching experience
- Based on experience and qualifications.
Location: Espoonlahti, Espoo, Finland
with Cetus Espoo
We have decided to change the organizing of our competitive activities and due to that we are looking for a Head of coaching in competitive swimming, who also has supervisor’s responsibilities.
Among other operative tasks in the field of swimming, you will be responsible of developing the competitive swimming in Cetus in accordance with our strategy. You will act as a supervisor of our swimming coaches and account also for the competence development of Cetus’s employees. In addition, coaching in an extensive matter in Cetus will be one of your tasks. You will report about your work to our executive director. The occupation as such is new.
What do we expect of you?
We hope you to be a positive and inspiring team-player. We expect you to have a wide competence and vision in coaching/ training, plus proof of creating results in athletic field. You have excellent interactional skills, and experience in leadership. You communicate clearly and consistently inside the organization, and the stakeholders, of Cetus. You know how to exploit the feedback for developing yourself and your employees. You can create team spirit and have also courage to create new.
You have wide networks among swimming sports. You manage international connections smoothly also in English.
We offer you…
…An interesting and challenging occupation in a great Finnish swimming sports club. For your support you will get the best work-community, knowledgeable coaches and our active volunteers.
Location: Boston College, Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA
with Boston College
Associate Head Coach / Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming – Boston College
*Job title dependent on experience
Reporting to the head coach, the associate head / assistant coach will help provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of a competitive program. This includes;
- Strong ability to assist in providing overall leadership of the swim and dive program
- Proven recruiter and evaluator at Division I level
- Ability to foster a strong and positive culture within the program
- Promote academic excellence in collaboration with Student Athlete Advisory Services
- Assist with the management of coaching, training design, competitions, road travel, scheduling, academics, and life-skills
- Drive vans to transport team when appropriate
- Assist in managing the program budget and team travel
- Work collaboratively with the Athletic Development Team to assist with alumni engagement initiatives and fundraising efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all department policies and guidelines
- Comply with all applicable Boston College, ACC, and NCAA rules, guidelines, and policies
- Represent themselves in a manner consistent with positive representation of Boston College
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Proven coaching experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with college student athletes, athletic staff, University personnel and Alumni
- Proficient computer skills
Three plus years successful coaching experience preferably at a collegiate level or club level
Location: 4101 Church Road, Mount Laurel Township, NJ, USA
with Jersey Wahoos
Jersey Wahoos is looking for a coach to serve as Lead Coach with our Age Group program and Assistant Coach for the Program’s National Squad.
- Play a central role in the Coaching Leadership Team, supporting, challenging and inputting into the cultural framework & daily performance environment of the swim program
- Be a daily presence on deck as the Assistant Coach for the Program’s National Squad & act as a Lead Coach with our Age Group program
- Lead the administrative back end of the program through Team Unify platform
- Implement the programs social media strategy & communications
- Manage team travel at designated events
- The successful candidate would have 3-5 years Head or National level coaching experience as a preference. ASCA Certified Coach & a current coach member in good standing of USA Swimming is essential
- A passion for the sport of swimming and self-improvement are essential
- Ability to provide technical feedback in visual format through online platforms
- Candidate should be detail orientated with a high work ethic and bring a positive energy to their time on deck
- Strong communication skills are a necessity as our relationship with our members is our top priority.
- Proficient with MS Word and desktop publishing software
Location: 1670 Douglas Hall Rd, Delhi, NY 13753, USA
with Asphalt Green
We are looking to hire a Part Time Assistant Swim Coach to work with our US Masters swimmers on SUNDAYS for one (1) hour 7am to 8am. We have over 230 individuals, ranging in ages from 18-80, who practice at our two locations. The Aquatics Department at Asphalt Green plays a key role in supporting the organization’s mission of “sports and fitness for a lifetime” for people of all ages and abilities. Job requirements include coaching experience and a history of competitive swimming.
- Support the Head Coach in the implementation of team direction and goals with the masters swimmers.
- Support the development of each swimmer so that they achieve to their highest potential providing constructive feedback.
- Attend all team functions by directive of the Head Coach.
- The ability to work with the entire coaching staff to build a uniform system.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and a “desire to excel” professionally.
- Additional opportunities to coach private lessons and be paid.
- Minimum 2 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach or US Masters Coach
- Must be current with USA Swimming or US Masters coaching certifications or have the ability to obtain proper certifications.
with Singapore Sports School
The Singapore Sports School is a Specialised Independent School that offers select youths an integrated academic and sports programme in a world-class environment.
We are seeking a Head Coach, Swimming Academy to prepare our developmental student-athletes towards national team representation at international competitions and the Major Games (Southeast Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, World Championships and Olympic Games).
The appointed Head Coach will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the training and competition plans for the group of assigned student-athletes, including regular review meetings with each swimmer to discuss performance progress, goals and submission of relevant information to Assistant Director, Sports.
The appointed Head Coach will ensure that the plan utilise all available resources including relevant sport science services and travel to relevant domestic and international tournaments as directed.
The Head Coach will also work with the Senior General Manager to recruit suitable student-athletes, mentor the team of coaches in the Academy and establish good relationships with external stakeholders such as the Singapore Swimming Association’s High Performance Team.
The requirements are as follows:
- At least 10 years of competitive coaching experience at both developmental and elite youth level, and a proven track record of podium success at world stage
- Possess the equivalent of the SG-Coach Level 3 (Theory and Technical) and/or an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
- Fulfil requirements to obtain National Registry of Coaches membership
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
Location: 7447 Scholar Way, Eastvale, CA, USA
with Circle City Aquatics
Circle City Aquatics is seeking a qualified coach who would be available to work up three hours a day. The ideal candidate is energetic, knowledgeable and able to communicate with parents, coaches and athletes. Candidate must be able to work as part of a coaching team with one or more groups from developmental swimming to early senior level. CCAQ operates out of Centennial High school in Corona, CA and Eleanor Roosevelt High school in Eastvale, CA.
- Previous coaching experience required (learn to swim instructing counts)
- Ability to work, train, and instruct one or multiple practice groups from 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm Monday-Friday. Must be able to work weekends for swim meets that often require travel.
- Strong stroke technique background and teaching base
- Strong customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and writing daily workouts for you group(s)
- Attending scheduled meets
- Meet entries, remind app and email communication
- Attend and contribute in staff meetings
- Track group attendance
- ASCA certification is a plus (regardless of level)
- This position has the possibility for upward mobility. Compensation based on experience, achievements and other factors.
- Please submit resume that includes: coaching experience, philosophy, and education.
Please submit resume to: Head Coach Tyler Harp at [email protected]cs.com
Location: Piedmont, California, USA
with Piedmont Swim Team
Piedmont Swim Team is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable part-time swim coach to work with our age group swimmers.
Coaching position includes between 14 – 20 hours of on deck coaching and 1 – 2 swim meets per month. Coaching hours are typically between 3:15 – 7:15pm on weekdays. Click here for a detailed job description.
Our age group program is comprised of swimmers ages 6 – 16 who range from beginner level to senior athletes competing nationally.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
Piedmont Swim Team offers competitive compensation based on qualifications
Additional source of income
Instructing private lessons and being involved in our lucrative pre-competitive program is expected.
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA
with MSA SWIM
Mecklenburg Swim Association (MSA Swim) in the Charlotte, NC area is looking for a coach to assist in our Age Group and Developmental Programs coaching primarily 12 and Under swimmers. More information can be found at www.msaswim.com
MSA current has 600+ year-round swimmers on the team ranging from 6-18 years old, with novice swimmers to Senior National qualifiers. MSA has 4 sites in the Charlotte area and is hiring new Assistant Age Group Coaches at 2 of these locations.
Responsibilities of this position include coaching, assisting in dryland, as well as administrative duties related to the group and overall team operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, experience with swimming as a coach or athlete, excellent organization and communication skills, and a desire to study and progress as a coach and a professional.
This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary ($33k-$35k) with bonus opportunity, paid vacations, healthcare assistance, and retirement plan.
Position to begin immediately to Fall 2019.
Location: 14654 Spring Cypress Road, Cypress, TX, USA
with Cypress Fairbanks Swim Club
Are you a talented leader with a caring heart? If you have managerial experience, love kids and like the water, join Cypress Fairbanks (Fleet) at our award-winning swim school. We are seeking a swim director who will enjoy full and active days, spent working both in and out of the pool, constantly interacting with children, families, and coworkers. This is an opportunity to love your job where you will be creating exceptional experiences for customers and employees.
Is this You?
- You’d thrive in an active role, spending each day both in and out of the pool, fully engaged with customers and coworkers.
- You have a passion for inspiring and developing strong teams, including those with new, entry-level managers..
- You’re a creative team player who likes to work hard and have fun.
- You love kids!
- Hiring, coaching, leading and inspiring a team of staff – both instructor and customer service
- Driving exceptional customer experiences and satisfaction leading by example, working front-line and through team development
- Performing daily operations (teaching swimming, deck management, engaging customers and converting inquirers into customers, etc)
- Mastering Swim teaching curriculum and customer service processes
- Creating a caring, fun, friendly and effective work environment
- Creating and managing semester schedules
- Leading regular team meetings and managing employee engagement
- Calmly, positively and proactively responding to challenges
- Developing entry-level leaders (passion for inspiring, leading and growing a young workforce)
- Undergraduate College degree (5 years of relevant leadership / work experience may be considered)
- 2-3 years of management experience (supervising a department/division/site/team)
- Proven success in leading, motivating, and empowering a team
- A genuine love for teaching children
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot
- Excellent customer service skills – it must be natural for you to want to say “yes!”
- Recruiting skill
- PR/Marketing/ Social media successful relevant experience.
- Ability to set goals, create plans and convert plans into action
Benefits of this full-time, salaried position include:
- Health insurance
- Structured Bonus incentive for growth.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Personal Leave, Winter Break, Holidays)
- Development, training and company-sponsored events
Location: 333 Preston Avenue, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with NL Aquatic Center
Aquatic Exercise Instructor
Job Purpose:Under direct supervision of the Aquatics Director of NL Aquatic Center, the Aquatic Exercise Instructors will provide instruction for aquatic exercise classes, as well as monitor patrons and educate patrons on fitness and safety, while maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Responsibilities:Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provide adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down. Prepare progressive exercise plans for program participants.
Instruct patrons on effective workout methods; explain proper techniques, demonstrate exercises; identify different muscle groups, and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
Collaborate with Aquatics Director & Exercise staff to develop new and progressive aquatic exercise programs.
Prepare appropriate class content, equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
Assist patrons, answer questions, and maintain a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
Keep management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.
Comply with the NLAC Pool Safety Operating Procedures (manuals) at all times.
Ensure that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
Enforce and follow all aquatic rules and policies.
Secure a qualified substitute when needed and notify the Aquatics Director of absence in a timely manner.
Record and maintain class attendance records.
Act as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or illness and be knowledgeable of Aquatic Center’s Health and Safety Procedures.
Provide backup to lifeguards as needed in emergencies.
Report injuries and complete required forms.
Attend all staff meetings as scheduled. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities. Complete all child abuse prevention training as required. Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
Education and Experience
— Must be at least 18 years of age.
— Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification.
— Must possess current Red Cross Standard First Aid certification.
— Certified Instructor (AEA, ACE, AFAA), water specialty/certification preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
— Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
— Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo,
cueing technique, and rhythm.
— Choreography and music skills.
— Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
— Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
— While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
— The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally must aide in the rescue of drowning swimmers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
— The employee must have a high degree of energy, be physically fit, and have the endurance to complete the workout. Must also be able to project voice over the noise of the pool so that the class participants are able to hear the instructions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee Aquatic Exercise Instructor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
— While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving
mechanical parts, pool mechanical systems. The employee occasionally is exposed to wet
and dry conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
— The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and loud
when in the facility.
***Salary/Rate depending upon experience***
Location: 2501 E Memorial Rd, Edmond, OK 73013
with Oklahoma Christian University
Usual duties helping run emerging Division II Christian College Swim Team alongside Head Coach and Olympian Josh Davis. The season is Aug 27th thru April 25th. Meal plan and housing covered. Numerous graduate degree plans available.
Location: University of La Verne, 1950 3rd Street, La Verne, CA, USA
with University of La Verne
The University of La Verne is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $3000.00. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assistance in planning and preparation for all training and competition, on deck coaching, dryland training, all areas of recruiting, fundraising, and pool operation supervision. The candidate will report directly to the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements and be accepted for a University of La Verne Graduate program. They must also have an understanding of; or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager, recruiting software such as FrontRush and social media site maintenance. They must also demonstrate a commitment to; and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, and the University of La Verne and the Athletic Department.
University of La Verne
1950 Third Street
La Verne, Ca 91750
30 miles east of Los Angeles
Location: 1600 Dogwood Mile Street, Laurinburg, NC, USA
with St. Andrews University
St. Andrews University is a private, liberal arts university in Laurinburg, North Carolina. The university is seeking a Swimming Graduate Assistant. This position will be offered within our graduate assistant structure, requiring admission to the University’s Master of Business Administration program. In addition to the academic responsibilities, the candidate will be responsible for contributing to various aspects of the swimming program, including assistant coaching, program administration, practice preparation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach. The person who holds this position will receive tuition remission from the University and potentially a campus meal plan, free campus housing and monthly stipend.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and retaining students for the Men’s and Women’s swimming program
- Conducting coaching and instruction activities during training, practice and competition
- Creating and implementing swimming training programs
- Coordinating conditioning, practice and competition schedules
- Assisting with team travel
- Other duties as assigned
Need to have:
- Minimum of 4 years of collegiate swimming experience preferred (as a coach or as an athlete)
- Availability to work flexible schedule including some nights and weekends, as well as travel with sport teams for away contests and recruiting
- USA Swimming Non-athlete membership
- Familiarity with NAIA & USA swimming rules