Location: 3100 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX, USA
with University of Houston
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
ASSISTANT COACH – Women’s Swimming
As directed by the Head Coach or Athletic Director,
Have complete knowledge of, and maintain strict compliance with, the rules and regulations governing the sport, recruitment of student athletes, and intercollegiate athletic competition. Maintain strict adherence to University, AAC, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Identify, evaluate, scout, recruit, and interview prospective student-athletes and their parents/guardians in an effort to secure the best possible student-athletes for the Program and University.
Work in cooperation with, and support of, the University’s administrators and faculty to ensure the quality of a well-rounded student-athlete experience resulting in student athletes’ positive wellbeing and academic requirements being satisfied, leading to graduation. Be fair, sympathetic and protective of the student athletes while upholding academic and moral integrity.
Effectively prepare student-athletes for each competition and each season with dedication so as to assist the student-athletes to attain their maximum level of athletic performance and to successfully compete against major college competition.
Participate in fundraising, alumni, public relations and media events as requested or deemed appropriate in an effort to improve relations, increase fundraising, and maintain a positive image of Houston Cougar Athletics and the University of Houston, in general.
Demonstrate effectiveness in recruiting, training, coaching, evaluating, and supervising student athletes to attain their maximum level of academic and athletic performance and to compete successfully against major college competition in a quality Program.
A bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years of relevant coaching experience, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
A Master level degree is preferred, but not required.
To express an interest in this position, please email Head Coach, Ryan Wochomurka – [email protected] The University will make contact with candidates of whom further information is desired.
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
with Indiana Swim Club
Position: Indiana Swim Club Head Coach
Indiana Swim Club (ISC) was originally founded in 1955 as a competitive swimming program for children ages 5-21. As a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, ISC is run by a Board of Directors consisting of parents and other interested members of the community. ISC is a multi-site 200+ member of USA Swimming, the national governing body for the sport of swimming, and Indiana Swimming, Inc. (ISI), the governing body for swimming in the state of Indiana.
Our mission is to encourage youth in the Bloomington area to experience the sport of swimming at a variety of levels, from the beginning swimmer to the national caliber swimmer, in a safe and supportive environment that fosters discipline, sportsmanship, and self-esteem.
ISC is seeking an experienced, dynamic and energetic competitive head coach to join our team. The individual will be responsible for the development and growth of a competitive club at both the developmental and elite levels, administration and strategic direction of the club, oversight of the day-to-day wet and dry land training plans and staffing coverage. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position.
Position Responsibility Overview
- Provides leadership, management, long-range planning and vision for the Indiana Swim Club
- Maintains and increases overall club participation, including participation at the highest levels of the sport. (i.e. Age Group Zone Championships, Futures, Junior Nationals, Nationals, Olympic Trials)
- Work to continually grow ISC’s recognition based on USA Swimming’s recognition and club excellence program.
- Mentorship and collaboration with Indiana University Swim Staff.
- Designs, administers and implements a comprehensive and progressive competitive swim program meeting the needs of beginner, novice, competitive and elite athletes.
- Continually work toward improving each swimmer’s technique, provide effective motivation and a positive attitude and relationship with each swimmer.
- Set swim groups and objective criteria for advancement.
- Work with Assistant Coaches to provide progress reports for each swimmer during the middle and end of short course and long course seasons.
- Manage a dynamic group of coaches at multiple sites. Hire coaches as needed to fulfill the mission of the club.
- Develop, train and mentor coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth.
- Formally evaluate coaching staff at the end of short course season.
- Set detailed practice schedules and arrange aquatic facility rentals as needed.
- Be highly visible, approachable and regularly and professionally communicative, both verbally and in written form to swimmers, their parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors, and other team’s staff and meet officials as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Develop public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Indiana Swim Club.
- Attend Local Swim Committee (LSC) meetings and House of Delegates meetings.
- Attend and participate in club board meetings.
- Work with the Board of Directors to help prepare an annual budget and ensure all operations are kept within the established budget.
- Attend at least one professional coach clinic per year.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local high school and middle school coaches, Athletic Directors, and Indiana University Swim coaches and staff.
- Maintain a swim lesson program.
- Determine the club meet schedule.
- Be actively involved in the development and promotion of swim meets hosted by the club.
Successful candidates should possess:
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise and lead staff in providing excellent customer service.
- Strong strategic, creative, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Experience with social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- Experience and familiarity with Team Unify Software, including meet entry, website updates, general communication and overall team administration.
- Experience with Google Calendar and Microsoft Office.
- High level of maturity, patience and dependability while working with swimmers of all ages and abilities.
- USA member Swim Coach in good standing.
- All appropriate and valid licenses/certifications/registrations for USA Swimming and swimmer safety.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience coaching at a high level
- Start date: August 1, 2019
- Salary Range: $48,000-56,000
Location: Morehead City, NC, USA
with East Carolina Aquatics
This position fills the role of East Coast Regional Director (oversight of Morehead City, Cape Carteret, and Camp Lejeune) and Head Site Coach for Carteret County branches. The individual will lead the program under the direction of the ECA CEO/Head Coach. Key responsibilities include:
- Organizing, disseminating, and executing a training plan for all levels of programming in Carteret and Onslow Counties in accordance with ECA philosophy and pool space/time
- Budget development and implementation, specifically with regards to pool rental agreements and staffing
- Leading training seminars for coaches, parents, and swimmers
- Oversight of day-to-day operations in Carteret and Onslow Counties
- Directing at least two ECA home swimming meets
- Communicating with CEO and/or General Manager about day-to-day operations, season planning, and long range goals
This is a full-time, year-round salaried position with benefits.
- A four-year degree from a college or university in recreation or a closely related field, or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience in both USA coaching and aquatic management.
- Certified/Verified USA Swimming Coach
- ASCA Level 3 or higher
- A minimum 5 years of coaching experience with demonstrable leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills with parents, swimmers and colleagues.
- Knowledge in the development and growth of a highly competitive club, both at the developmental and elite levels..
- Ability to develop, coordinate and direct various aquatic activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility directors, aquatics staff, site committee members, parents, swimmers, coaches, and the general public.
- Ability to utilize club software (i.e. TeamUnify, Hy-tek, etc.), technology, and equipment within the pool area.
East Coast Regional Director
Will do the following for Carteret and Onslow Counties:
- Schedule and develop training plans for all levels of programming in accordance with the overall ECA philosophies
- Conduct monthly coaches meetings with all coaches
- Conduct coaching observations and evaluations for all coaches at least 2 times per year
- Supervise and direct the Head Site Coach at Camp Lejeune
- Coordinate with site committees for purposes of fundraising, social events, swim meets, and awards ceremonies
- Submit weekly report to CEO and GM
- Create and follow a budget keeping the following factors in mind: pool cost, salaries, and space
- Coordinate training opportunities for all upper-level groups across sites
Head Site Coach – Carteret
- Financial Responsibilities
- Communicate with GM regarding the number of swimmers at the site and number of swimmers in each group at least one time per month at a designated time between the GM and the BOD financial representative
- Develop a daily calendar detailing daily expenditures as designated by GM, CEO
- Make adjustments to coaching staff based on number of athletes currently on roster
- Exercise fiscal responsibility through proper scheduling of assistant coaching hours based on actual needs of the site with regards to number of athletes and coaching salary
- Communicate with GM regarding the number of swimmers at the site and number of swimmers in each group at least one time per month at a designated time between the GM and the BOD financial representative
- Facility Responsibilities
- Follow all facility rules regarding safety and cleanliness
- Ensure practice/meet schedules are relayed to the facility – 60 days before the start of a new season
- Coaching Staff Responsibilities
- Establish the proper hierarchy within site – CEO, GM, HSC, AG/SC
- Coaches Meetings every two weeks – documented
- Up-to-date certifications for all members of the site coaching staff – documented
- Check hourly pay of direct employees during each pay period – cross reference with daily calendar of expenses
- Ensure all progress reports are completed in a timely manner – specific time will be distributed
- Ensure coaching staff is following agreed upon calendar
- Develop site specific job descriptions for all AG Coaches at site for approval by the CEO
- Observe one staff member every two-weeks – meet with that staff member, fill-out observation sheet, and report information back to CEO and GM
- Membership Relations
- Handle 99% of all site communications – ALL communications need to be CC’d to the GM
- Hold a parent meeting every 6-weeks – should co-mingle with progress report distribution – documented
- Ensure all meet awards are distributed within 1-week of any meet
- Group Calendars for ALL groups in 3 month increments
- Attend and present at all ECA awards functions
- Community Relations
- Responsible for 1 community project is completed per year (Aug-July)
- CEO Relations
- Ensure site is working within the general structure of the overall mission of ECA
- Ensure coaching staff is following the drill structures agreed upon
- Communicate all actionable issues regarding personnel to CEO BEFORE taking action
- Provide a monthly summary detailing each of the bullet points above
- Required to submit one practice per week to CEO for quality assurance and development of a practice database
The above describes the general nature and level of work. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required as they are ever changing in a dynamic work environment.
Location: Fort Myers, FL, USA
with Florida Gulf Coast University
The Assistant Athletic Coach II assists with all activities related to the Women’s Swimming & Diving program, including recruitment, player development, monitoring academic performance, discipline and social development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Two years of full-time coaching experience in higher education athletics
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED certification
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (world, excel and outlook)
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the country
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- One year of full-time professional coaching experience in a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I institution
- Knowledge of all aspects of the sport and the ability to teach/coach collegiate student athletes toward acquisition of those skills.
- Knowledge of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations and a strong commitment to maintain compliance with those rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate recruiting practices and an ability to identify athletic and academic talent.
- Knowledge of student-athlete intellectual, emotional and social development and an ability to guide athletes toward successful completion of an undergraduate degree while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to use independent judgment and remain flexible while prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to interact and represent FGCU professionally with a diverse constituency of students, faculty, alumni, and media.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing student needs and maintain consistent communication with supervisors and support staff in Athletic Department.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Essential Job Duties
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Prepares and conducts practice sessions. Teaches individual and group game skills and techniques.
- Assists with game strategy and position assignments.
- Coordinates team travel arrangements and logistics.
- Maintains equipment and uniform inventory and oversees distribution to athletes.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans when needed.
- Monitors and maintains discipline and conduct of athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Promote the athletic program through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Complies with all University, ASUN or CCSA (Coastal Collegiate Sports Association) regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, ASUN and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics. This includes the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test, if applicable. Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Location: 12111 Tesson Ferry Rd, Sappington, MO, USA
with Flyers Aquatic Swim Team
FAST is currently seeking a qualified, energetic coach to lead our Age Group program into the next Quad.
The duty of the head age group coach is to run the Age Group Program of the Flyers Aquatic Swim team. This means intake of swimmers from outside the program, as well as from FAST lessons, and preparing them for competition and eventual promotion to the FAST Senior Program. It is also the duty of the head age group coach to be involved in promoting the sport of swimming in Ozark and in the region for the betterment of the sport, in general and FAST swimmers in particular.
The Head Age Group coach must be knowledgeable in all the latest techniques for fast, efficient swimming as well as an expert in the developmental stages of growing children – physically, mentally and emotionally. The Head Age Group coach must constantly educate swimmers and parents on the long-term value of the sport while providing daily challenges to prepare young swimmers for the future.
1) Compose seasonal plan for all age group practice groups
2) Establish yearly goals for Age Group Program
2) Be the lead coach for Flight School and Rocketeers
3) Regularly attend practices, for all age group practice groups, to oversee assistant coaches
4) Attend meets when swimmers from the Age Group Program are entered
5) Instruct swimmers and assistant coaches in the process of goal-setting
6) Implement dryland exercise program for Shooting Stars and Rocketeers
Age Group Administrative duties:
1) Process meet entries for Flight School and Rocketeers
2) Schedule assistant coaches to cover all scheduled practice time and meets
3) Compose meet recap articles and e-mail to age group parents after each meet
4) Conduct parent education/parent meetings for all Age Group Practice Groups
5) Communicate with age group parents via e-mail
6) Conduct new swimmer evaluations for new swimmers under the age of 13
7) Compile performance data on age group swimmers
8) Ensure a good working relationship with Sperreng and Kennedy staff
9) With Co-Head coaches, develop yearly practice schedule for Age Group Practice Groups
10) With Director of Staff Development, conduct yearly staff evaluations for age group coaches
General Administrative Duties:
1) Be an active member of the Ozark LSC governance
2) Provide Co-Head coaches with information for monthly board reports, when asked
3) Work with Team Administrator on team-hosted meets
4) Work with Co-Head coaches to develop seasonal meet schedule
5) Attend Age Group Zone meet at least three times per quadrennium
6) Be FAST’s point of contact for Ozark Zone entries and information
Applicant must have a college degree, and be current with all USA Swimming coaching requirements. ASCA Level 3 preferred.
All FAST coaches report to the Co-Head Coaches and Executive Director who, in turn, report to a 9-member board. The FAST board of directors expects the professional coaches to run the day-to-day operations of the team.
FAST offers competitive salary, health insurance and a mobile phone to full-time employees. All employees must successfully complete a background check and athlete protection training as per USA Swimming guidelines.
The opening is expected to be filled by the middle of August, 2019 but could be filled earlier or later to accommodate the right candidate(s).
Location: 1 Woodleigh Lane, Singapore
with Stamford American International School
Stamford American International School Swimming Team is seeking a
passionate, committed and forward-thinking lead swim coach. The lead swim coach will be responsible for leading aspects of the competitive swim program. He / She will also be involved in coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• Assist with all High-Performance Team training.
• Assist with swim development programs as required.
• Managing Swim Meet administration.
• Designing and maintaining records of training schedules for squads and individuals and providing current information as required. This may include:
1. Results of ongoing time trials.
2. Team selection for home and away meets.
3. Assessment, recording and reporting on squad members re. squad placement.
• To assist in drawing up the annual calendar of events that provides opportunities for all levels of swimmer. This should include club nights, inter-school/club events, and opportunities to travel overseas.
• To attend all meets in which the school participates and, where possible, to support individual athletes at championship meets.
• To provide swimmers, parents, assistant coaches and teaching staff with information and advice on new developments in coaching and training methodology.
• To oversee the delivery of the Development and Age-Group training programs.
• To mentor any assistants required to work within the program.
• Coaching -as required to complete and maintain the high performing swim program at Stamford. (Plus 1-week training during the spring break and first week of summer break)
• To provide a high level of personal input into all ‘performance squads’.
•To ensure that the most up to date and age appropriate coaching methods and routines are provided for the programe.
As Part of Team
• Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
• Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. (Note – pool water management is subcontracted)
• Maintain necessary administrative log records
• Take a leading role in the Stamford Swim parent support group.
• To provide any other reasonable duties delegated by the School Management
• Preferably FINA Level 2 Coach, or ASCA Level 3 or above, or UKCC Level 2 certified (or International equivalent).
• Minimum 5 years swim coaching experience
• Certified First Aider
• Computer literate (confident with Hy-Tek Team Manager, Meet Manager and google docs)
• Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
• Able to work with children of different age groups
• Able to multi-task and work independently
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
• Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
• Dynamic and Adaptable
• Bachelor’s degree
• School Environment
• Working hours as per swim squad training requirements, normally 6 – 10am (mornings) 3 – 7pm (afternoons), Saturday morning (two hours of morning training in line with the needs of the programme)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed
Location: Eisenschmidt Pool, 1070, Eisenschmidt Lane, St. Helens, OR, USA
with Sea Lions Swim Team (SLST)
The Sea Lions Swim Team (SLST) is currently looking to fill the position of Head Coach. The Sea Lions call Eisenschmidt Pool in St. Helens, Oregon home and serve swimmers in Columbia County from Scappoose to Rainier. St. Helens is located on Highway 30 about 25 miles Northwest of downtown Portland.
SLST has approximately 35 year-round swimmers ranging in age from 6 – 18 years. The Head Coach is responsible for coaching Age Group and Senior level swimmers and working with the Novice Coach to develop swimmers, set goals for swimmer performance, and establish club goals.
Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year coaching experience with swimmers at all ages, including some experience/knowledge of coaching senior level athletes. Coaching candidates should have strong communication skills and are expected to be passionate about developing swimmers and building a strong club.
-Conduct 5 practices per week. Practice time is Monday – Friday from 5:15 – 6:45 pm.
-Write workouts for both the Age Group and Senior Group and coach on deck during practices.
-Work closely with the Novice Coach to maintain and develop current swimmers and grow the team.
-Schedule swim meets (1 meet per month) and encourage participation.
-Manage entries for swim meets and attend swim meets.
-Establish a positive environment that promotes the love of swimming.
-Work with the board to communicate with swimmers and parents.
-Work with the Meet Director for the team’s annual home meet, held in November each year, and encourage participation by all SLST swimmers.
-Adhere to all USA Swimming policies.
-Perform administrative duties as necessary (i.e. tracking attendance)
-Current CPR/AED certification
-Current First Aid certification
-Current Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
-Current Lifeguarding Certification (preferred)
-Knowledge of Team Unify management system (preferred)
-Knowledge of Hy-Tek system (preferred)
Compensation is negotiable based on experience, typically in the $10,000 – $12,500 per year range. Professional fees and continuing education opportunities are paid for/reimbursed by the team. Additional bonus may be awarded at the discretion of the Board.
Location: Auto Drive, Prince Frederick, MD, USA
with Calvert Aquatics Club
Calvert Aquatics Club (“CAC”) is seeking applicants for its Head Coach position. Located in Prince Frederick, MD, the county seat of Calvert County, CAC is one of the up & coming clubs in the region. Our close proximity to the Washington, DC metropolitan area results in a steady influx of families for a moderate cost of living & a reasonable commute up to DC-area jobs; an exceptional opportunity to grow the club is the net result. Bordered by the Chesapeake Bay to the east and the Patuxent River to the west, there is no shortage of year-round outdoor activities in Southern Maryland.
CAC, founded in 2015, is a MD LSC club with 130+ student-athletes, ranging from Novice to Future qualifiers. We are seeking a career minded coach who can build upon this solid foundation. Based out of the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center, an indoor 50M pool built in 2010, is conveniently located off Route 4, the main north/south thoroughfare in Calvert County. CAC is a year-round, USA Swimming club, providing on-deck dry land training, morning and afternoon practices, hosts MD/USA swimming sanctioned swim meets, long course training, and is supported by a volunteer parent board, as well as 2-3 assistant coaches.
The head coach is expected to be a career coach (ASCA Level 3 or higher preferred, but all levels are strongly encouraged to apply), do the bulk of the administrative work, communicate well with all coaches, athletes & parents, and be the “face of the program” to the Calvert County community.
The Head Coach responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of all swim operations, including regulatory compliance, safety, discipline, ensuring an effective – efficient swim staff roster.
- Management of team and supervision of coaching staff, including coach mentorship, training and development, oversight, and standards.
- Direct coaching of swimmers in the Senior and Junior Levels and other swimmers as needed
- Key advisor to the Board to fulfill the strategic plan and mission. Work with board to develop annual swim operations budget and forecast expenditures.
- Plan & organize annual swim calendar including swim meet selection.
- Plan hosted meets with swim meet task force
- Provide for staff needs
- Provide for appropriate placement, mentoring, development, and feedback of athletes
- Coordinate training schedules, group placement and advancement guidelines
- Communicate with team members and families via group meetings, newsletters, email, website and individual meetings
- Work with the local high school coaches and summer league coaches to recruit new athletes for future growth
- Participate in the local swim committees (LSC) of USA Swimming
- Assist with additional practices, fundraisers, team social events
- Assist with marketing
- Enforce rules and regulations of MD LSC and USA Swimming
- Other tasks assigned by the BoardThe ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years experience as a Head Coach or Head Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club
- USA member Swim Coach in Good Standing
- All appropriate & valid licenses/Certifications/Registrations for USA Swimming, ASCA
- ASCA Level 3 Certification or higher
- Experience with Team Unify software
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certifications
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AEDThis position is open effective August 1, 2019. Application deadline is May 1, 2019. references and salary expectations to [email protected] All applications are handled in confidence. CAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to work with outstanding families, grow a solid local club into a regional force, CAC is looking forward to hearing from you!
All applications are handled in confidence. CAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to work with outstanding families, grow a solid local club into a regional force, and develop your coaching skills, CAC is looking forward to hearing from you!
Location: Chesterfield, MO, USA
with Parkway Swim Club
Job Description – Parkway Swim Club Head Developmental Coach
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Developmental Coach. This individual will work with our head age group coach and head coach in continued development of our age group program. This person will work specifically with the 12-under program. This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, communication and people skills.
- Work under the direction of the head age group coach, leading the age group program (working specifically with the beginning age groups)
- Coach on deck, 5 evening practices, and Saturday morning during school year.
- Coach on deck, 2-3 middle of the day practices during the summer and 4-5 evening practices
- Coach on deck, 2-3 meets/month
- Perform administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athlete meetings, tracking attendance, merchandising, meet management, newsletter/website/social media content, and managing team statistics
- Attend team functions and team-building activities.
Specific Group Responsibilities
- Directly coach the Red, White, and Blue beginning age groups in our age group program.
- Bridge communication between other age group coaches and help continue to develop a strong age group program.
- High School Diploma
- Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Ability to pass all necessary background checks
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certifications, Safety Training for Coaches
- Ability to perform water rescue
- Experience with Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager, Team Unify, and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
- Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- ASCA Level 2 certification
Physical Characteristics & Work Environment
- Indoor pool, occasional outdoor pool, and open water work environment
- Regular exposure to fumes, odors, humidity, and heat
- Occasional exposure to cold and rainy environments
- Ability to operate pool and instructional equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects as assigned
Application deadline will be June 21, 2019. We anticipate hiring by July 1st, to start when SCY season starts in mid-August. We will bring in qualified applicants as we receive resumes.
- This is a year-round, 40 hour full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Employee is hired through the school district, and receive full benefits and retirement.
- Employee will receive comp time for swim meet weekends going over 40 hours per week.
- Coach apparel
- Reimbursement for education, certifications & meet expenses
Location: 337 Pier 1 Road, Stevensville, MD, USA
with Argo Swim Video
Underwater Film Technician (traveling)
Argo is based on Kent Island, MD. Learn all about us on our Argo Swim Video website. Our company provides underwater video and accompanying voice over analysis as a service to the competitive swim community. We travel to pools across North America, filming thousands of swimmers per year. We will soon be filming for clients in Europe, Australia and the Middle East.
Argo seeks, young, athletic, whip smart individuals to join our startup. Experience as a swimmer helpful tho not necessary; as a videographer, also, helpful but not necessary. We are growing fast and need an outside-the-box thinker to jump in and help us grow faster. As in any startup enterprise, roles and responsibilities shift and grow; this position will quickly offer more money and more opportunity to the right individual. Argo is changing the face of swimming nationwide. The candidate we choose will be committed to that goal. Please provide a resume.
Training will require several evaluation sessions, which will involve total immersion in the details; assembling and managing kit, road travel and navigation, air travel, client facetime, filming techniques and media management. If selected, you will be paid $1000 cash for ten (10) days of these “audition/training” days. If we pick you up after the training you will be paid $250 per diem, net, for a few months. If you’re happy, productive and fulfilled helping us grow the company, you will be offered a salaried position, details to be negotiated and mutually beneficial.
Work and Required Qualifications:
– You are a swimmer.
– You understand swim-life balance at your core; swimming helped you become a good citizen.
– You might be an underpaid assistant age group or college coach looking for the exit.
– You’ve digested our website and can imagine yourself as the face of our Company.
– You live in or near the DMV (DC, MD, VA, DE) area.
– You don’t live in the DMV but are willing to put up with some “gruesome” travel-for-training.
– You share our dream of impacting all of the swimming world.
– You love working with kids.
– You will spend hours on a pool deck filming swimmers; and really enjoy it.
– You must love constant nationwide travel; driving, flying, motels, weather, road food, long hours.
– You’ve got a recent college degree, or something as good as that.
– You possess the work ethic of a honey bee. No divas please.
Location: 12230 Saratoga Sunnyvale Road, Saratoga, CA, USA
with Peak Swimming
Peak Swimming seeks to fill open positions for the 2019-2020 season (starting June 2019):
Age Group Coach
Coaching duties The coach will coach one groups (ages 7-12) with mainly C/B/A level swimmers. The coach will conduct effective workouts daily, 5 days a week; Monitoring swimmers’ progress throughout the season; attending swimming meets. Approximately 10 hours/week (not including meets approximately twice/month). Minimum commitment 1 season.
Administrative duties include being responsible for communications (via letters, emails and website) with the team including publishing: practice/meet schedules, coordinating with parents/swimmers and addressing questions/ concerns from parents/swimmers. You will also be responsible for maintaining application/registration forms and team roster. You will work closely with the head coach on both logistical (practices, meets and social activities) and creative (publicity and donations) matters. Excellent reading and writing skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) functionalities and typing proficiency (around 70 words per minute) are a must. Approximately 7 hours/week (approximately 1 hour/day). Minimum commitment 1 season.
Location: 401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH, USA
with Ashland University
Assistant Coach Position (Graduate Assistant – Diving) – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Candidates must be able to teach proper technique and skill development in diving. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of swimming and diving and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
Candidates should be able to direct all training activities for a diving team in and out of the pool.
Applicants should be able to implement and execute a recruiting plan for divers.
Applicants should be well versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
A thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and help ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required.
An understanding of Ashland University’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
This position will help supervise multiple practices and events with two teams.
Candidates will assist in plans for travel.
This position requires the ability to recruit potential student-athletes. The assistant swimming and diving coach will be required to recruit off campus and be involved in on-campus visits. The position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan
The assistant swimming and diving coach will assist the head coach in monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
This position reports to the head swimming and diving coach and the athletic director. This position could include other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Candidates should be Life Guard, CPR, AED and First Aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge and training in diving.
Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to meets.
Location: 1 Hartwick Drive, Oneonta, NY, USA
with Hartwick College
Hartwick College (NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8) is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month assistant coach for its swimming & diving program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising. This position will also include other assignment(s) by the Director of Athletics. Position responsibilities must be completed in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience coaching and/or playing at the college or equivalent level required. The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
Location: 101 Branigin Boulevard, Franklin, IN, USA
with Franklin College
Franklin College, a 4-year NCAA Division III Liberal Arts College and member of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference, is searching for a dynamic individual to serve as the assistant men’s and women’s swimming coach beginning in August of the 2019-2020 academic year. Started in 2009, the Franklin College Swimming & Diving men’s and women’s teams have both been nationally ranked in their early history and each won their respective conference championship this past season. Over the last 6 years, the men’s dual meet trend has been 56-11-1 while the women have been 66-3-1 over that same time, making the program one of the most successful in the state.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist the Head Coach in the daily operation of the program of the Men’s and Women’s teams
- Assist with planning and directing of recruiting
- Assist in student-athlete development
- Assist in technique, race strategy, and fundamental coaching
- Assist with practice, conditioning and competition coaching
- Assist with the coordination and direction of camps and clinics
- Administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- College swimming or coaching experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations compliance
- Position may require extensive hours, including nights and weekends
Compensation for this 10-month part-time position includes:
- Undergraduate tuition remission plus salary stipend, and room and board
- Additional part-time employment on/near campus may be possible
Location: 10333 Diego Drive South, Boca Raton, FL, USA
with KISO SWIM SCHOOL INC.
KISO Swim School is a highly reputable swim organization, featured in VOYAGE Magazine and awarded Top Pro Services by Thumbtack Inc., with locations in Boca Raton, Cape Coral and Fort Myers. We offer swim programs that serve all the Gulf Coast and South Florida areas. We are currently seeking an energetic Lead Development Swim Coach at our Boca Raton Pool. Candidates must be reliable, able to work well with children, have an enthusiastic personality and passion for a healthy lifestyle.
Position entails instruction in pool with small group and private classes of all ages and abilities, in addition to some on-deck coaching for club programs. Opportunity pays $22K per year. Enjoy a positive and energetic atmosphere that strives to create happier, healthier and safer communities through swimming!
– 1+ year(s) experience coaching
– Energetic, reliable and great communication skills
– Up to date certifications in CPR/First Aid/KSS Instructor Training (if expired or needed, KSS will help provide)
– Own transportation to pools