Date posted: June 22, 2021
Location: 1 John Carroll Blvd, University Heights, OH, USA
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach works under the Head Swimming and Diving Coach providing support for the recruitment of student-athletes, organization of the program and implementation of practice and swim meet plans. This includes, but is not limited to identifying and connecting with prospective student-athletes, communication with athletes, preparation of facilities, distribution and care of equipment, creating social media content and coordinating travel arrangements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary recruiting coordinator by identifying, contacting and logging recruit communications for all prospective student-athletes.
- Send emails using Slate on a regular basis to prospective student-athletes.
- Coordinate recruiting visits with Admissions, Head Coach and various academic departments across campus.
- Ensure unofficial and official visit itineraries for prospective student-athletes are in compliance with NCAA requirements.
- Create a social media calendar and be responsible for regular postings on various team social media channels.
- Assist the Head Coach in elements of practices and meets to include preparation, effective execution of drills, one-on-one development and fulfillment of meet day responsibilities.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development of a successful training program, including a practice-writing leadership role for a specific training group.
- Set up in advance of home swim meets to ensure that computer, scoreboard and logistical items are fully functioning and run throughs are completed prior to warm ups.
- Help coordinate all administrative requirements for team travel arrangements including, but not limited to, lodging and dining.
- Assist with uniform and apparel ordering.
- Maintain current alumni database.
- Help to write and publish electronic newsletters to alumni, program supporters and stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Strength and Conditioning Coach to design and implement targeted development and training programs appropriate to the specific needs of athletes and teams.
- Assist in the development of community outreach programs, and promotional activities in collaboration with internal staff, and assist in approved fundraising activities as designated by the head coach.
*This is a 10-month benefits-eligible position.
How to Apply
1 John Carroll Blvd