with National Training Center Aquatics - NTCA
The Head Swim Coach (Age Group) will lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the Advanced Age Group level programs while working within the Team Mission, Vision, and Values of the National Training Center Aquatics swim team.
- Coaches swim team members in competitive swimming and strength development techniques.
- Focuses on developing swimmers of all ages.
- Assists with other swim team member duties as necessary.
- Abides by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Florida Swimming policies and procedures throughout all instruction.
- Plan, prepare and conduct team practices in accordance with the Head Coach.
- Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- Exemplify the structure, philosophy and direction of the NTCA Swim Team program.
- Supports collaborative relationships with community organizations. Establish a local presence and reputation within Florida Swimming LSC, Central Florida via clinics and volunteering.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional and physical attributes, possess an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Responds to swimmer, parents and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner and demonstrates strong administrative, communication and organizational skills.
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- Evaluate individual swimmers performance in meets and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly and maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Plans, writes and conducts three to four hours per day of on-deck coaching, to include early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group.
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including: creation and production of materials
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs.
- Writes newspaper articles for website, social media, and print as a subject matter expert to help promote team.
- Promotes fundraising and membership, in accordance with team’s strategic plan and hospital policy.
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Work with dryland coach to design and implement seasonal strength plans for all NTCA age group athletes.
- Responsible for effectively assessing swimmers and communicating group movement throughout the season.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
- Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
- Adheres to South Lake Hospital’s policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
- Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
- Secondary areas of responsibility are teaching private competitive swim lessons.
- Assist in locker room management during peak pool usage times.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Contribute to content of NTCA team newsletter
- Collaborate with NTC Marketing Specialist to design all printed materials (i.e. brochures, flyers, Pulse newsletter, posters) related to department promotion; update supply of promotional materials throughout the club.
- Submit website updates to Head Coach for approval.
- Implement annual action plan for swim team program; set goals with Head Coach.
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coaches weekly.
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Education/Training Bachelors’ degree required.
- Licensure/Certification Must have current CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a background check to work with children.
- Must possess a minimum of a current ASCA Level 2 certification and US Swim Certified Level 2 or higher.
- Current Lifeguard Certification from American Red Cross, Lifeguard Pro, YMCA or BSA preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ coaching experience.
- Working knowledge of Data Trak, Hy-Tek, Team Unify and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred.
NTCA is owned by South Lake Hopsital/Orlando Health. You can apply online to the position by going to https://www.southlakehospital.
GO DIRECTLY TO THE POSITION HERE: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1149851&d=External#/
with Speedo USA
Manage contract deliverables for sponsored teams, athletes and coaches. Actively drive team sales through sponsorship and promotional programs. Support sales and accounts at events in the Boston area.
- Identify and create new team contracts to leverage sponsorships within local swim teams markets
- Review details of sponsorship contracts and agreements with Speedo coaches
- Review and carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with Speedo sales reps and Team Dealers
- Carryout sponsorship details, event outfitting, event participation with sponsored teams
- Coordinate orders through B2B sponsored team website for equipment for teams attending National meets
- Maintain Act!, team sponsorship database, with all Team and Coach contract deliverables, financial responsibilities and coach/team contact details
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
- Reference contracts for all outfitting to ensure teams staying within contract allotment
- Following up with teams, dealers and reps regarding outstanding orders
- Maintain team sponsorship database with order numbers, team notes, remaining support allowance
- Coordinate all Team sales details with AE and Team Dealer, yearly
- Present contracts in person to decision makers, ensuring all parties understand obligations in full and how they will be fulfilled
- Review contracts regularly ensuring obligations are being met by all parties
- Effectively manage the travel budget to optimize team visits and swim meet responsibilities
- Present product line to Teams yearly to confirm outfitting which should be shared with Team Dealer
- Manage all account details (daily orders, stocking programs, credits, returns) for selected accounts within territory
- Work with AE, Team Dealer and Sports Marketing Manager to identify new Teams
- Review all aspects of Speedo sponsorship programs, contracts and teams / coaches under agreement with Team Dealers
- Coordinate with Sales Rep and Sports Marketing Manager to manage information, sponsorship and promotional programs with Team Dealer Ambassadors
- Walk the pool deck making contact with coaches, athletes and event personnel
- Maintain a professional appearance at all events and meetings
- Attend industry events, National/Local swim meets and tradeshows
- Work with selected accounts and sales reps at various events to promote brand
- Organize involvement of Speedo Team Dealers and sales reps to maximize Speedo exposure and sales
- Assist with on-site booth set-up, merchandising and restocking
- Oversee Speedo sales reps and Team Dealer’s event booths, sales specials, on-hand inventory and team interaction
- Work with Athlete Coordinator to organize on-site athlete appearances and leverage appearances in the local competitive swimming community
- Coordinate local market promotions linked to events and clinics
- Coordinate Speedo role with organizing committee to maximize brand presence
- Coordinate with AE on local marketing promotions linked to events and clinics
- Liaison to athletes and coaches in development and testing
- Link to merchandising department on technical product development and feedback from the field
- Coordinate branding and launch of new product with respect to athletes, teams, coaches, events and dealers
- Assist in forecasting potential promotional items and product needs for Speedo incentive programs
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years experience; Competitive Swimming knowledge
Skills:o Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environmento Ability to multi-task and complete projectso Strong communication, presentation skillso Retail math skillso Proficient in Microsoft Office Applicationso Management of a large volume of accountsEveryone should apply online at the following link…
with Haverford Area YMCA
|Come join our growing team! Fun environment, flexible schedule and great benefits!
What you’ll do:
· Conduct aquatic classes in accordance with YMCA program standards.
· Provide a safe environment that allows members and participants to learn. Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable aquatics experience.
· Evaluate swimming and certification skills; complete progress reports and course records for each session; complete communications for parents and participants.
· Participate as a part of the aquatics staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment. Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule.
· Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
· Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
|What you need to succeed:
· 16 years of age with successful completion of swimming skills test.
· Current YMCA or ARC swim lesson instructor certification or 6 months experience teaching swim lessons.
· Current ARC CPR/AED Professional Rescuer and ARC first aid certifications.
· Ability to work with others. Sensitive to others.
· Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
|Some benefits and perks of working at the Y:
Flexible work schedule, a free membership, discounted programming, and opportunities for professional training and development.
with Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for the full-time position of Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach. Stevens is a member of the Empire 8 and NCAA Division III and offers 26 varsity sports (13 for men and 13 for women), 13 club sports, a wide variety of intramural sports and special events, an extensive outdoor adventure program and a wide selection of wellness/fitness classes. Located in Hoboken, New Jersey, a historic small town that is just minutes away from Manhattan, Stevens has an enrollment of over 3,100 undergraduate students.
Position (full-time): Assistant Men and Women’s Swimming Coach
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred. Previous swimming coaching and competitive experience at the collegiate level is strongly preferred. Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED is required. The successful candidate is expected to complete several other trainings and professional development activities as they are offered at the university.
Responsibilities: Assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a highly competitive NCAA Division III men and women’s swimming program. The top priority must be the overall collegiate experience of the student-athlete and enhancing a positive and healthy team culture that encourages growth and development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: oversight of student-athlete academic progress; recruitment of appropriate student-athletes; planning and direction of team training sessions and meet days; film assessments, planning the teams’ annual training trip; tracking of team budgets; ordering team supplies and equipment; fund raising and alumni relations; coordination of team travel; and any other duties as needed.
A secondary role involving assistance with the aquatics program will be assigned as well.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Procedure: To apply for position please go to https://stevens.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External.
Applications will only be accepted through the online system. Please do not call, mail, email or fax applications. Applications should include cover letter, resume and list of four professional references. Additional inquiries may be directed to Paul Hughes, Head Men and Women’s Swimming Coach, at [email protected] or 201-216-8039.
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
with The Bolles School
Position Title: Head Swim Coach and Director of Aquatics
Reports To: Athletic Director
The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,650 day and boarding students in pre- kindergarten through grade 12 on four campuses. Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service. Students can pursue their interests and learn to balance a rich variety of activities.
Our students also learn the importance of self-discipline, respect, personal responsibility and compassion. These same qualities are nurtured within our Swim programs. We invite you to view the following video that demonstrates the commitment to and excellence in our programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U52BURHPxoc
Purpose: To organize, direct, and sustain the School’s interscholastic and club swim program. This position will be working with and leading a team of 10-15 coaches and approximately 400 swimmers. The Head Coach serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, builds team cohesiveness, communicates effectively and provides positive reinforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of leadership and swim coaching experience required
- Prior success as a competitive swimmer at the club or collegiate level desired
- A passion for the sport and hands-on ability and willingness to help our swimmers reach their maximum potential
- Experience with independent school programs and adolescents preferred
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) level 5 or higher certification preferred; be a member in good standing of USA Swimming
- Strong knowledge of and experience in state, national, and international swim programs
- Positive communication and coaching style that develops swimmers and leadership skills
- Professional behaviors consistent with USA Swimming and ASCA Code of Ethics; NFHS, FINA, and FHSAA Regulations
- First Aid/CPR certification, USA Swimming Coaches Safety Training, USA Swimming Athletes Protection, USA Swimming Background Check, and pre-employment background and drug screen required (training will be provided, if necessary)
- Must be willing to travel to promote the program both nationally and internationally (at least 30% travelexpected)
- Demonstrates and enthusiastically supports the School’s Mission and values of courage, integrity, compassion, and excellence
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on The Bolles School
- Builds deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of inclusion
- All Athletic department coaches and staff must follow and promote the vision of the department, which is to develop a culture of student athletes who are ‘Humble in Victory and Gracious in Defeat’
- Performs other duties as requested
- • Responsible for all facets of the swim program
- Coach swimmers to perform at the highest competitive levels
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of academics
- Inspire confidence in the athletes, coaches, and parents
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested
- Oversee participation in local, state, national, and international meets and competitions
- Develop and sustain a club program, separate from the scholastic program
- Oversight of the Swim Camp and Lessons programs to ensure promotion, adequate enrollment, and efficient operations
- Plan and coordinate activities of coaching staff
- Oversee the care and operation of the swim facilities
- Review, enhance and enforce all safety procedures
- Ensure coaches and participants are properly trained and conditioned
- Design and implement department plans and budgets
- In partnership with Marketing, provide input in preparation and dissemination of publicity to promote swim events
- Partner with Advancement on efforts to promote and develop the swim program and related facilities
- Be familiar with and uphold the policies and procedures of the Bolles Athletic Department
- Ensure compliance with all applicable FHSAA and USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swim techniques and instructional methods
- Be responsible for the overall leadership, coordination, employee evaluation & development, and administration in the Aquatics department
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- Program Management
- Risk management mindset
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates are required to submit their application and resume via our Career Center located at www.bolles.org.
with Vicksburg Swim Association (VSA)
The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of team members, promote teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourage personal development.
The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the swimmers’ training, including setting up swimmer groups, practice levels, workouts, practice durations, and goal setting.
The Head Coach will be responsible for attending a minimum of nine swim meets each year, making swimmer event selections, and entries via meet manager.
The Head Coach will also foster positive relationships, mentor, and communicate well with coaching staff, swim team members, and parents.
The Head Coach is expected to work in partnership with members of the Board of Directors, parents, and the coaching staff.
Previous coaching experience and/or a teaching certificate are preferred.
Must have ASCA (Level 2) or comparable qualifications and USA Coaching certifications (or be able to obtain certifications within the first 6 months of employment).
The successful candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the areas of recruitment and retention of swimmers, be skilled in teaching stroke technique, and have the ability to motivate and work effectively with athletes of all ages and abilities.
with Rhodes College
Founded in 1848, Rhodes College is a highly selective, private, residential, undergraduate college, located in Memphis, Tennessee. We aspire to graduate students with a lifelong passion for learning, a compassion for others, and the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective leadership and action in their communities and the world. We encourage applications from candidates interested in helping us achieve this vision. The Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach will organize and implement practice and meet plans in coordination with the Head Swimming & Diving Coach; recruit for swimming & diving; and perform designated facility duties. Guided by the Rhodes Vision, the assistant swimming & diving coach should build a sense of community and enthusiasm around the swimming & diving program by engaging the student body, alumni, parents and fans. Strong relational skills with internal and external constituents are critical. Other duties include participating in development and fundraising activities with various constituents and/or other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics. Also serve as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a full-time 10 month position.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have previous and coaching experience with a strong understanding of the DIII philosophy and its role at a private liberal arts institution. Maintaining a working relationship with campus colleagues, alumni, community members, and other constituents is key. They must also possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively (verbal and written), have the ability to multi-task and operate within an extremely motivated, team oriented atmosphere. Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Valid driver’s license required. Please visit jobs.rhodes.edu to apply online. A complete application includes a cover letter, a resume and the names of three references. Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
with St. Joseph's Prep
POSITION TITLE: ST. JOSEPH’S PREP HEAD SWIM COACH
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
St. Joseph’s Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit, independent four-year college preparatory school located on the northern edge of center city Philadelphia. Founded in 1851, this highly selective, all male school serves nearly 1,000 young men “to become men for and with others.” Students come from diverse economic, geographic, racial and ethnic backgrounds from throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The Prep develops leaders of intellectual distinction, men of faith and integrity, men who are committed to social justice and community service, men open to growth, and men who are loving. At the Prep, classroom and chapel intersect with the religious formation of mind and heart.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Swim Coach will coordinate and manage all aspects of the St. Joseph’s Prep Swim program.
Organize and manage schedules for meets, practices and conditioning workouts in Fall, Winter and Spring Crew seasons
Organize and lead practices and set training plans for all swimmers. Provide direct coaching and feedback both in and out of the pool
Coordinate meet planning, ensuring registration by established deadlines.
Foster a healthy team environment that inspires teamwork, respect, commitment, and a love of swimming.
Lead a program that consistently attracts and retains student athletes.
Work with alumni, parents and administration on fundraising
Develop and communicate clear and specific goals for the SJP Swim team and individual swimmers
Maintain open and honest communication with swimmers, parents, alumni, other coaches and administration.
Develop and demonstrate a good knowledge base of best practice specific to Swimming
Support and collaborate with coaches in other SJP athletic programs.
Support student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
Be a positive role model in personal management, appearance, ethics, and behavior.
Develop and maintain relationships with collegiate coaches to assist SJP swimmers with college placement.
Ensure that the team, the swimmers, and the coaching staff are all in compliance with PIAA, Archdiocesan and school regulations.
Supervise and develop Swim assistant coaching staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
3-5 Years of Experience Coaching
Proven experience coaching in a successful swim program
with Wave Aquatics
About the Position
The Executive Director provides strategic leadership and direction to ensure Wave Aquatics achieves its mission through providing high-quality aquatics programming to Puget Sound’s Eastside community. In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the staff leadership team, the Executive Director is the key thought leader of the organization and responsible for developing and ensuring implementation of all strategic plans and initiatives. The Executive Director directly supervises the staff leadership team, which is comprised of: Aquatics Director, Swim Team Head Coach, Masters Head Coach, Water Polo Head Coach, and the Business Manager/Controller.
Board Development and Management
The Executive Director supports the Board of Directors to execute the organization’s strategic plan and recruit, orient, and train new Board members. In collaboration with Board leadership, the Executive Director ensures Wave Aquatics operates as a financially sound business with strong administration and operations practices, and brings vision and passion to Wave Aquatics’ strategic growth.
Fundraising, Community Relations, and Marketing
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization’s community relations, marketing, and fundraising efforts. This includes garnering support for Wave Aquatics’ continued growth and impact by developing a comprehensive fundraising plan and engaging in major donor cultivation, overseeing grant writing, supporting board members in fundraising efforts, and building philanthropic and corporate partnerships.
Financial Management and Oversight
The Executive Director provides overall financial oversight for the organization and works with the Board Finance Committee to prepare the annual budget and financial reports. Ensures adherence to finance policies and accounting procedures are in place and followed.
Staff Team Management
The Executive Director is directly responsible for hiring, supervising and prioritizing professional development of the staff leadership team while providing leadership and motivation for all staff members. The Executive Director communicates vision and goals clearly to staff, solicits staff input, and models and encourages effective teamwork and collaboration.
Strategic Partnerships and Facility Expansion
The Executive Director is responsible for fostering and strengthening relationships with strategic partners, including, but not limited to, the Cities of Redmond, Kirkland and Bellevue, King County, and the Lake Washington School District. This includes advocating for aquatics programs and working collaboratively with public sector partners to improve and expand aquatics facilities in the area.
The Executive Director, in collaboration with the Director of Operations, ensures program goals are aligned with the strategic plan, fosters program partnerships, and ensures facility operations and management are effective and efficient and evaluation practices are followed to ensure quality program services.
The Ideal Candidate
Wave Aquatics is looking for a unique leader who demonstrates a genuine understanding of and commitment to aquatics programs and shares our values and enthusiasm for enhancing the health, fitness, safety, recreation, and quality of life for Eastside residents.
Specifically, we are seeking an individual with 5 or more years of relevant leadership experience, with a focus on managing a complex organizational structure and budgets of $2-5 million, and supporting a large, young staff team. Ideally s/he will have prior experience with recreational programming, as well as experience with facilities management. Experience should include a proven track record of effectively working with city and county governments to develop and expand successful public-private partnerships.
A successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with the ability to facilitate crucial conversations and make tough decisions. An important talent is to listen and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences: parents, staff, Board and community partners. The ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with each of these audiences to build long term partnerships for Wave Aquatics is key.
S/he will have experience effectively hiring, supporting, and managing staff and providing opportunities to foster professional development and growth. Demonstrated success at working in partnership with an independent board of directors to achieve goals is another important criterion.
As the leader of an 80+ staff member organization, it is key the Executive Director have an aptitude for delegation and prioritization of duties to appropriate administrative/management staff, with a clear understanding of risk and impact.
Strong candidates will have good computer skills and the ability to effectively review, analyze, and present business and financial information to help the organization make the best decisions. Successful fundraising experience, including grants and cultivating major donors, is a priority.
- Significant past leadership experience overseeing an organization, program, or team, ideally as an Executive Director. Experience with facility management and leading large staff teams is particularly desired
- A strategic thinker who is able to think conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically to achieve organizational success
- Long-term relationship builder and proven networker who can catalyze participation and investment from a wide array of partners
- Proven track record of success with fundraising, especially cultivating and asking for gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, as well as experience managing a CRM such as Salesforce
- Excitement about program and facilities expansion, and willingness to take on the challenges that naturally occur with organizational growth
- Experience recruiting, developing, and working with a board of directors
- Prior experience building capacity and growing an organization or program of significant scope
- Strong speaking, listening, and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Comfort working independently, as well as collaboratively in a larger system
- A Bachelor’s degree; Associates degree and progressively-responsible experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Board of Directors and requires a willingness to work some evenings and weekends and travel to the aquatics facilities in Kirkland and Redmond. The expected salary range is between $90,000 – $110,000, depending on experience and skills.
Wave Aquatics offers a benefits package including medical and dental insurance. Wave Aquatics provides 10 days of vacation as well as 8 days of paid holidays. The work schedule is very flexible and employees receive a 15% discount on Wave program fees. Wave Aquatics’ administrative offices are located in Kirkland, Washington on Seattle’s Eastside in the beautiful and scenic Pacific Northwest.
with Hydro 4
Hydro 4 Swimming has an immediate and very unique opportunity for a positive, experienced, enthusiastic head coach to start and develop a new year-long competitive swim team.
Hydro 4 Swimming is a non-profit, board-governed, coach/executive director charged swim team located in Volusia County, Florida, and operating out of the Ormond Beach and Port Orange YMCA.
We believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. The coach will work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. The current group of swimmers include a large number of Florida Age Group and Senior qualifiers/competitors with a goal to increase that number in the near future.
Position begins immediately and will remain open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and help run all hosted meets
- Conduct 40 hours of on deck and administrative work per week
- Develop, and mentor part-time/age-group coaches
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs, and supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 1-2+ years’ experience coaching a competitive swim team
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer development at the State Championship level
- Intimate working knowledge with Team Unify & Meet Manager
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming head coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred).
As a start-up team, there are several opportunities to advance salary. Incentives including size of swim team membership, ASCA certification level and team performance.
with Florida Southern College
Assists the Head Coach in day-to-day operations of the College’s Men’s and Women’s Swimming Team including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, academic support, NCAA compliance and general operations within NCAA rules. The Assistant Coach also assumes various administrative responsibilities including aquatics responsibilities.
1. Support the Head Coach by assisting with the team in all assigned aspects.
2. Facilitate a good relationship between the head coach and team members.
3. Trains and develops team members in the sport’s skills, strategies, techniques and conditioning.
4. Assists the Head Coach with managing budgets, scheduling, inventory, travel logistics, strength and conditioning, fundraising, and community service and engagement projects.
5. Assists the Head Coach in planning of practice sessions and developing game plans for competition.
6. Assists the Head Coach in recruiting qualified Prospective Student Athletes (PSA), e.g., through evaluation and identification of prospective student athletes; by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA’s and families; and cultivation of relationships with high school coaches.
7. Assists the Head Coach in monitoring the academic progress and success of team members and helping with academic related forms and processes.
8. Abides by all NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Florida Southern College rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
9. Promptly reports any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA, SSC or FSC Athletics rules to the Assistant AD for Compliance, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
10. Active participant in the education and enforcement of NCAA Rules within the sport community.
11. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
12. Accurately completes all required or assigned NCAA, SSC, and FSC forms, reports, or required paperwork.
13. Works cooperatively with other athletics coaches and Florida Southern College Faculty/Staff.
14. Represent the program and Florida Southern College with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. At least two years of experience in coaching at the intercollegiate level is required, however, extensive player experience at the collegiate level can be substituted for the coaching experience.
3. Any coaching experience in a NCAA Division II level program is preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility and related functions is required.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
6. Management and organizational skills are required.
7. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
with Marlins Of Raleigh
The Marlins Of Raleigh Swim Team is seeking applications for a full time position coaching our top 13-15 year old group and assist with top 11-12 group.
MOR is a 2017 and 2018 Gold Medal Club and has a tradition of success since beginning in 2001 with 6 swimmers and now up to 600 swimmers.
The coach must have technical expertise, outstanding organizational skills, strong communication skills and demonstrated success. 4-8 years coaching experience is preferred along with 4 year college degree and pass all USA Swimming background checks. Recruiting new swimmers from the summer league will be part of the the job duties as well as office hours. Applicants will only be considered who currently reside in the US.
Salary range is $31,000-$40,000.
Additional income could be available coaching summer league.
Send resume and 3 references to Head Coach Paul Silver at [email protected]
Start date is Fall 2018 but is negotiable.
with Friends Select Aquatics - Friends Select School
Job Responsibility – Assistant Age Group Coach
Coaches will be responsible for between 9 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
- Assist other coaches as needed within FSA, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the FSA curriculum.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers in currently in practice groups and in one group below current training group.
- High School / College Degree (preferred)
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Patient and gives simple instructions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- Team Unify /Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
- 2 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
with Susquehanna University
Aquatic Coordinator / Assistant Swim Coach
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
This is a benefits eligible, year-round position that is part administration of aquatic programs, operation of the natatorium, and coaching swimming.
The Aquatic Coordinator will be responsible for the overall operations of the natatorium and programming of it; to include planning, development, administration, growth, evaluation and supervision of all Aquatic programs along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool. Will lead the preparation and manage the programs, operation and maintenance of pool.
The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach in all aspects of the Susquehanna Swimming & Diving program including: planning practices, incorporating new training strategies, executing home and away meet responsibilities and recruiting.
• Development and execution of programs in Aquatics; such as, but not limited to: swim lessons, water aerobics, and lifeguarding classes.
• Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate staff necessary to achieve success programmatically and operationally.
• Oversee daily operation and implementation of all aquatic programs by staff to members to assure quality service and programming.
• Regulate the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance and operation of pool.
• Maintain pool logs, pool updates and incident reports.
• Manage staff certifications and create development plans for ensuring availability of staff.
• Create and manage aquatic program plans including marketing, budget and staff requirements.
• Manage lifeguard schedule. Must be able to fill in for uncovered shifts as needed.
• Ensure safety and prevent injuries by supervising aquatics area and implementing best practices.
• Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
• Developing and conducting organized practices.
• Assist the Head Coach with meet day responsibilities.
• Counsel student-athletes in a positive and encouraging manner.
• Serve as a role model to student-athletes daily.
• Recruit high school student-athletes by emailing, calling and messaging; plan day and overnight visits for recruits and parents.
• Adhere to all NCAA, Landmark Conference and University rules and regulations.
• Develop positive rapport with athletics staff and the entire Susquehanna community.
• Represent the university in a professional manner when communicating with recruits and constituents.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Head Coach (such as mailings, updating databases, writing practices, etc.).
• Home meet responsibility to set up and prepare timing system and coordinate entries and results.
• Daily contact with students, staff and faculty. Occasional contact with coaches from other colleges and with university administrative staff.
• Filming with the Go Pro camera and video editing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Knowledge of pool mechanics and chemicals; equipment and facility management; Skilled at customer service and its relationship to membership development; knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Experience using Team and Meet Manager software preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate.
Bachelor’s degree required. Certified lifeguard required. Certified PA cat. 24 (pool operators) license required within 3 months after hire.
1-2 years related experience required. Evidence of a positive attitude and the ability to get along well with others required.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Coaching or playing experience in swimming is desired. Management experience in area of aquatics and experience teaching swim lessons preferred.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
with Drexel University
Under supervision of the Head Coach, provide support with coaching, recruiting, meet management, organizing and administering day-to-day operations of the swimming and diving program; provide support with team fund-raising activities, community services, etc.; support the academic progress of student-athletes; and show commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of Drexel University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
1) Provide support with all team activities relating to the Drexel University Swimming & Diving teams.
2) Assist with development and implementation of the season training plan on a daily basis.
3) Provide support with the recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the Swimming and Diving Team.
4) Provide support with team fund-raising activities, community service activities, alumni relations, etc.
5) Assist with the development and implementation of the dryland/strength training program.
6) Assist with various social media platforms.
7) Support the academic progress of student-athletes.
8) Provide support with daily operations as it relates to the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams.
9) Show commitment to and responsibility for, adherence to all rules and regulations of the University, Conference and the NCAA.
10) Perform other related duties as assigned.