Applications due 07/01/21
Date posted: May 27, 2021
Location: Cayman Islands
Position: Full-time Assistant Coach (Age-group Swimming)
Camana Bay Aquatic Club (CBAC) is looking for a full-time assistant coach to help lead our program in delivering “Aquatic Sports for All” in the Cayman Islands. We have 300+ year-round swimmers in our competitive and non-competitive team, as well as a growing Swim School, and a very successful Artistic Swimming team. CBAC athletes regularly represent Cayman at CARIFTA, Island Games and CCCAN, and our highest level representatives have attended Commonwealth Games, Youth Olympics, and World Championships.
The preferred candidate is proactive, organized, communicates effectively, and is willing to learn and collaborate within a team environment that includes both Swimming and Artistic Swimming. They will have experience teaching swimming as well as coaching, and be comfortable leading groups of young swimmers on their own. Ideally, the candidate will be someone that comes with a strong technical background, and is able to demonstrate initiative and contribute ideas in a community that is full of potential. The candidate must approach the program with a ‘swimmer first’ mentality and endeavor to make the in-person coaching sessions engaging, motivating and fun for the participants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 18-24 hours per week of on-deck coaching of year-round competitive and non-competitive Swim Team. This will include leading training groups in our Junior and Development programs (ages 6-14), and assisting the Head Coach during Development and Performance program sessions (ages 11-18).
- 9-15 hours of administrative work per week as needed for lead training groups and supporting the Head Coach (seasonal planning, writing sessions, meet entries, keeping attendance and results, communicating regularly with membership, weekly reporting to Head Coach etc.)
- Swim Meets and events as required.
- 3-8 hours of Swim School teaching (Fundamental skills, stroke development) per week during term time
- Other community focused programs where space, time, and resources allow
Qualifications and experience required:
- ASCA Level 2 or equivalent education
- 3 or more years age-group coaching experience
- Bachelors Degree (for visa purposes)
- First Aid & CPR, or the ability to get prior to employment
- Valid or Current Lifeguarding certificate, or ability to get prior to employment
Reporting to: Head Coach (Swimming), Swim School Coordinator
Benefits: Work Visa (for the individual hired only, no family visas available at this time) and associated costs, Flight, Medical, Pension, Paid Holidays, Personal Development, Phone
How to Apply
Please email CV, cover letter and contact details for 3 references to: [email protected]