Applications due 06/15/22
Date posted: May 30, 2022
Location: Naperville, IL, USA
Job Posting: Associate Head Coach
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: August 15, 2022
Applications will be reviewed as submitted
Fox Valley Swim Team (“FOX”), located in Naperville, Illinois, seeks a full-time Associate Head Coach. More information on FOX can be found on our team website, www.foxswimteam.com.
FOX is a competitive club swim team serving approximately 360 swimmers ages six through college. FOX is recognized as one of the highest performing swim teams in Illinois and the Midwest, having had US Olympic Trials qualifiers, Senior and Junior National swimmers, and age group champions in our 25 year history. FOX was recognized as a USA Swimming Silver Medal Club in 2021 and currently ranks top 100 nationally in the Virtual Club Championships. Our mission is to fully develop each individual’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long love for the sport of swimming.
FOX trains at the Neuqua Valley and Waubonsie Valley High Schools, as well as the Naperville Fry Family YMCA. FOX hosts several meets each year and will host the 2023 Illinois Swimming SCY Age Group Championships in March.
FOX is a 501C4 non-profit overseen by an elected board of directors. The associate head coach is supported by the head coach, a team administrator, lead age group coaches, assistant coaches from developmental through elite senior levels, and parent volunteers.
Naperville is located roughly 35 miles west of Chicago with approximately 148,000 residents and is recognized nationally and internationally as a top community in which to live. In 2021, Niche.com ranked Naperville as the best city in America to raise a family and 3rd best city in America to live.
The Associate Head Coach will work with and under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Work with the Head Coach to lead our team’s mission to fully develop each individual’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training, while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long passion for the sport of swimming.
- Maintain and increase overall club participation, and consistently qualify swimmers at the highest levels of competition.
- Ensure full compliance with all USA Swimming policies.
- Foster a culture of team unity and strength among parents, swimmers and staff.
- Act at all times with integrity and as a positive representative of FOX to the membership and the community at large.
On-deck Coaching Responsibilities (~15-20 hours/week):
- Serve as lead coach for assigned age group(s). The successful candidate may serve in either a “traditional” head age group or head senior coach capacity, based on experience.
- Develop season and practice plans for lead group(s)
- Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned
- Assist during fall and spring team tryouts
- Train, develop and mentor Lead and Assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
Administrative Responsibilities (~15-20 hours/week)
- Work with Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Assist Head Coach with staff scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality
- Assist Head Coach in developing and implementing growth strategies
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all FOX athletes.
- Develop annual and quadrennial plans with the Head Coach.
- Work with head coach to develop in-house coach, athlete and parent education opportunities
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
- Become an active member of Illinois Swimming LSC leadership through participation on LSC committees.
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques
- Experience using TeamUnify, Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good collaborator with ability to delegate efficiently
- 5+ years of coaching experience, with at least 2 years as a lead coach
- Experience hosting large meets, including prelim/final meets
Benefits: FOX provides an additional $5000 annual stipend to cover healthcare costs to all full time employees. Coaches also have the opportunity to teach private lessons through FOX to create additional income.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, summary of coaching philosophy and at least three references. For consideration, please submit your materials no later than June 15, 2022. All documents can be emailed to Michael Hamann at [email protected]. All submissions will be acknowledged.