Date posted: March 12, 2021
Location: Naperville, IL, USA
Job Posting: Associate Head Coach
Application Deadline: March 26, 2021
Applications will be reviewed as submitted
Fox Valley Swim Team (“FOX”), located in Naperville, Illinois, seeks a full-time Associate Head Coach. www.foxswimteam.com
FOX is a competitive club swim team serving approximately 200+ swimmers (anticipated to return to 400+ post covid) ages six through college. FOX is recognized for swimmers competing at national and international events, including having US Olympic Trials qualifiers, Senior and Junior National swimmers, and age group champions.
Prior to covid, FOX trains at two high school pools (Neuqua Valley and Waubonsie Valley) and hosts several meets each year. The team has been continuously training at alternate sites temporarily during covid.
FOX is a non-profit overseen by an elected board of directors. The associate head coach is supported by the head coach, a team administrator, lead age group coaches, assistant coaches from development program through Elite Senior level, and parent volunteers.
Naperville is located 40 miles west of Chicago with approximately 148,000 residents and is recognized nationally and internationally as a top community in which to live.
The Associate Head Coach will work with and under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Work with the Head Coach to lead our team’s mission to fully develop each individual’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training, while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long passion for the sport of swimming.
- Maintain and increase overall club participation, and consistently qualify swimmers at the highest levels of competition.
- Ensure full compliance with all USA Swimming policies.
- Foster a culture of team unity and strength among parents, swimmers and staff.
- Act at all times with integrity and as a positive representative of FOX to the membership and the community at large.
- Work with Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Train, develop and mentor Lead and Assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
- Assist Head Coach with coach scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality
- Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned.
- Keep an up-to-date database for all practice groups as assigned.
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for the athletes of FOX.
- Develop annual and quadrennial plans with the Head Coach.
- Design and schedule parent education courses.
- Establish in-house Coach and Athlete Education Opportunities
- Provide assistance during fall and spring team tryouts.
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Experience running Team Unify, Team Manager, and Meet Manager (preferred)
- Good collaborator with ability to delegate efficiently
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references. For consideration, please submit your materials no later than March 26, 2021. Interviews may commence with candidates prior to the submission deadline. All documents can be emailed to [email protected] All submissions will be acknowledged.