Applications due 03/27/15
Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia invites applications for the part-time position, 10 month appointment, of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach reports to the Head Swimming Coach and Athletic Director, supporting all coaching responsibilities for the intercollegiate swimming program, under NCAA Division II operating bylaws and regulations. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with all aspects of recruiting; supporting training for all current athletes, and planning for travel and hosting of athletic competitions.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree (minimally).
• Have a minimum of 2 years coaching experience.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) as well as the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
• Possess a strong knowledge of athletic recruiting methods, techniques, rules, and regulations.
• Have current life guard, CPR, and first aid certifications.
• Be demonstrably committed to the success of student athletes, both in the pool and in the classroom.
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Organizing, preparing, and conducting both individual and team practices; overseeing training and competition.
• Recruiting student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending games and tournaments, and home visits.
• Assisting with all dimensions of the men’s and women’s swimming program.
• Representing the men’s and women’s swimming program to both internal and external constituencies
• Performing additional duties as assigned/negotiated, including aquatics programming/staffing.
About Davis & Elkins College
Davis & Elkins College (D&E) is a vibrant, private, four-year, comprehensive college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The College’s mission is to prepare and inspire students for success and for thoughtful engagement in the world. Drawing students nationally and internationally as a ‘College of Distinction’, D&E also serves many first-generation students from the Appalachian region. D&E currently sponsors fourteen intercollegiate varsity sports (7 men’s and 7 women’s). D&E competes as a member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference.
Elkins is a culturally-rich town of 8,000, nestled in the heart of one of the country’s finest outdoor recreation areas. The College is within two to four hours of several major metropolitan areas (Charleston, WV; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington D.C.).
Davis & Elkins College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
e-mail to Coach Nikki Rose, Head Swimming Coach, at [email protected]