Applications due 10/31/22
Date posted: August 5, 2022
Location: Kingwood, Houston, TX, USA
Blue Tide Aquatics
Assistant Head Coach
Blue Tide Aquatics (BTA) is a USA Swimming Silver Medal club located in Kingwood, Texas. Our growing team of 260 athletes trains at three sites: Kingwood High School (8 lanes, 25 yards), Kingwood Park High School (8 lanes, 25 yards) and our own BTA pool (6 lanes, 25 meters).
BTA is seeking an Assistant Head Coach who will work closely with the Head Coach to help ensure that the entire swim club program operates at the highest possible level in the water and at the office. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of success developing athletes at all levels and have a very strong, organized administrative skill set.
- Work with the Head Coach to lead our team’s mission to fully develop each swimmer’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training.
- Assist Head Coach to create full season training plans, help with staff scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality, and develop and implement growth strategies.
- Serve as lead coach for assigned age group(s) and assist with practices on weekday afternoons/ evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Assist in the development of the Age Group Programs in coordination with the other coaches.
- Coach with energy, passion, and engagement.
- Attend team events, annual tryouts, swim meets and fundraising activities.
- Any other job duties, as assigned, from the Head Coach.
Qualifications & Preferences
- 5+ years of coaching experience with at least 2 years as a lead coach. Strong stroke technique background. Prior competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient, patient and ability to have fun, while running multi-level workouts for athletes with varying skill/experience levels.
- Maintain all coach and safety certifications. Member in good standing with LSC and USA Swimming.
Compensation and Benefits
Full-time position. Salary range is $50-60,000, commensurate with experience, as well as paid vacation time and financial support for professional development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should an email and resume to Tricia Etter at: [email protected].
P.O. Box 5625
Kingwood, Texas 77325