2018 NEC CHAMPIONSHIPS
- February 21-24th
- Nassau Aquatic Center, East meadow, NY
- Short course yards
- Championship Central
- Day 1 Results
- Day 2 Results
- Day 3 Results
- Day 4 Results
- Bryant – 793
- Wagner – 728
- Saint Francis University – 582.5
- Central Connecticut State – 482
- LIU Brooklyn – 271.5
- Sacred Heart – 247
- Saint Francis College – 223
- Mount Saint Mary’s – 174
- Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet: Maddy Garber (Central Connecticut State)
- Rookie of the Meet: Elin Svard (Bryant)
- Coach of the Year: Katie Cameron (Bryant)
- Diving Coach of the Year: Chuck LoCurto (Bryant)/Dave Maliar (Central Connecticut State)
- Outstanding Diver of the Meet: Annemarie Durham (Central Connecticut State)
On the final day of the NEC Championships, Bryant took the team title in program history, while defending champ Central Connecticut State came in 4th. Bryant released this video on Twitter following the historic weekend for the program:
— Bryant Swimming & Diving (@Bryant_SwimDive) February 25, 2018
Jillian Rice won the 100 free in a final time of 50.07, touching just .32 seconds ahead of Katie Lafferty. Rice won the race by coming home slightly faster than Lafferty, posting a 25.91 to Lafferty’s 26.26. Rice was about half a second off the NEC record.
Maddy Garber defended her title in the 200 breast, posting a 2:15.42 to win by 2 and a half seconds over runner-up Mackenzie Lawson. Garber was out fast, posting a 1:04.08 on the 1st 100, but fell off the pace a little bit on the back half, splitting 35.53 and 35.81 on the last 2 50s. She finished about 2 seconds off her own NEC record, which she set last year.
Bryant finished the meet by completing its sweep of the relays, taking the 400 free relay in 3:26.16 to win by over a second. The team of Alexa Rivera (51.50), Alaina Scifo (51.10), Alyssa Difiore (53.14), and Jillian Rice (50.42) had the fastest splits on each of the legs, except the 3rd leg where Andrea Gustafsson went 50.87 for Wagner’s language.
Annemarie Durham won the women’s 3 meter in a new NEC record of 288.00. SHe held the previous record at 280.70 from last year.