2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
The Californa Golden Bears were all business in the 400 medley relay tonight. Though they finished 2nd to Texas, the Bears took down the American Record in a blistering 3:01.51. That took down the former American Record mark of 3:01.60 set by Cal at the 2015 NCAA Meet.
Backstroke stud Ryan Murphy led them off in 44.32, while Connor Hoppe took on the breaststroke leg in a personal best split of 50.97. Transfer Matt Josa picked up the fly leg, blazing to a 44.59, and freshman sprint standout Michael Jensen brought it home in 41.63 on the free leg.
Cal 400 Medley Relay Splits:
- Back Split- Ryan Murphy, 44.32
- Breast Split- Connor Hoppe, 50.97
- Fly Split- Matt Josa, 44.59
- Free Split- Michael Jensen, 41.63
In addition to their American Record, Murphy also notched the 6th fastest 100 back of all time. Murphy currently makes up half of that list.
All-Time Top 10 Performances: