2020 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – MATCH 2
- Sunday, October 18: 6PM-8PM Local Time (12PM-2PM U.S Eastern Time, 1AM-3AM J+1 Japan)
- Monday, October 19: 4PM-6PM Local Time (10AM-12PM U.S. Eastern Time, 11PM – 1AM J+1 Japan)
- Duna Arena – Budapest, Hungary
- Short Course Meters (SCM) format
- 2020 ISL Scoring Format
- 2020 ISL Prize Money and Bonuses
- Teams: London Roar, DC Trident, Aqua Centurions, Iron
Swimmers haven’t even gotten wet on day 1 of match 2 of the International Swimming League (ISL) here in Budapest, but already we’ve got some potential points-impacting news.
London Roar team members James Guy, Freya Anderson, Holly Hibbott and Tom Dean will all be absent from this match 2 due to a coronavirus-related situation at their National Training Centre-Bath home. Although none of these 4 stellar athletes tested positive for COVID-19, they were identified through contact tracing as having come into contact with a positive person at Bath. Per protocol, they needed to quarantine for 14 days.
Guy told SwimSwam today that the quartet is flying out to Budapest tomorrow, October 19th.
As such, Guy’s potential point impact in the freestyle and fly events are now nil, while two-time European Short Course champion Anderson’s potential point-reaping prowess in the sprint free events will be absent. For Dean, the 19-year-old ginger ace could have impacted the point scale on a number of events, including the mid-distance free and the 200 IM.
Hibbott won the 400m freestyle at two different meets during ISL season 1, so the Commonwealth Games medalist is also a potential point earner that will be missed.