Applications due 05/15/19
Location: Bay Club Redwood Shores, 200, Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA
The Bay Club Company is a hospitality company. We provide experiences which celebrate a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. Our unique service culture is guided by a set of core values and driven by energy, enthusiasm and dedication.
GENERAL SUMMARY – Lifeguard
Under the direction of the Director or Aquatics, the Lifeguard is responsible for supervising the pool and swimmers to ensure pool rules are followed and safety is a top priority.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise the activities of swimmers by consistently enforcing rules and regulations
- Notify swimmers of improper activities or hazards
- Rescue persons in distress or in danger of drowning when indicated and provide rescue breathing, CPR and First Aid
- Notify Aquatics Director of any accidents, rescues, or problems
- Report to the Aquatic Director any equipment that is in need of repair
- Answer inquiries pertaining to the use of the pool and Aquatics services offered
- Direct all helpful suggestions from participants and others to Aquatic Director or Club Management
- Attend all staff meetings and training.
- Available to work week days, weekends and holidays as needed as hours are not guaranteed and can change at any time.
- Be on time for your shift and for rotations throughout the day. Be ready to work which includes being dressed in uniform (sunscreen applied) and wearing your Rescue Tubes and First Aid pack each day (return to the Lifeguard office at the end of the day). Check your pack for its proper contents daily at the start of the shift.
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized.
- Attend all staff meetings and training.
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions.
- Give high quality of Customer Service
- This includes giving full attention to the pool/swimmers while in the guard chair. Do not have a conversation, if a member needs assistance, please refer him/her to the Head Lifeguard or to the Service Desk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action.
- Effective communication skills and engage positively with membership.
- Require attentiveness to visual and audible cues for recognition and identification of swimmers in distress or in process of unsafe behaviors.
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques.
- Ability to properly extract victims from the pool(s) to the deck.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility.
- Must occasionally talk and hear.
- Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Mobility around and in the pool.
How to Apply
Email resume to aquatics director Laszlo Perlaky –> [email protected]
- must be older then 16
- must have legal documents to work in the U.S.
200 Redwood Shores Parkway