Applications due 08/08/19
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
Assistant Swim Coach
Wilton Family YMCA- Wilton, CT
The Wilton Wahoos swim team (www.wywahoos.org), is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic part time Assistant Swim Coach(s) to join its staff and work with our Age Group program. The Wilton Wahoos swim team was recently named a Silver-medal club in the USA Swimming Club Excellence program and a Level 4 club in the USA Swimming Development program. We currently have approximately 300 swimmers in eight training groups ranging in age from 5-18 and abilities from beginners to Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- Current USA Swimming and YMCA coach credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Competitive swimming experience at high school or college level.
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel to away meets around the State of Connecticut.
The position offers approximately 8-20 hours as scheduled per week on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings. Responsibilities include:
- Working on deck and in the water with the Wahoo Age Group program under direction of Head Age Group Coach.
- Weekend swim meets approximately once every 1-2 months. (These hours could be in addition to the 12-18 hours per week.)
- The right candidate will also have the opportunity to lead one of more novice training groups.
The position may become full time for the right candidate.
The Assistant Swim Coach position is an hourly position.
- Riverbrook Regional YMCA adult membership
- Paid meet travel expenses
- Paid continuing coach education
- YMCA and Wahoo program discounts for family members.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply at:
Wilton Family YMCA
404 Danbury Road
Wilton, CT 06897
phone: 203 762 8384 extension 206