Applications due 06/30/21
Date posted: May 12, 2021
Location: Franklin College, 101 Branigin Blvd, Franklin, IN, USA
Candidates are encouraged to apply for a part-time assistant swim coach position with Franklin College located in Franklin, IN approximately 20 miles south of Indianapolis, IN, the amateur sports capital of the world and home of the NCAA.
This position will report to the head swim coach and requires a minimum workload of 20 hours per week. Nights and weekends as well as significant travel are required. Reliable transportation to and from practice is required. Candidates will be subject to a background check and must maintain a driver’s license in good standing. This is a 10-month position beginning August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all matters related to the team including, but not limited to:
- The safety and security of athletes
- Practice implementation and instruction
- Academic success and compliance
- Recruitment of athletes including electronic correspondence, mailing, social media communication, phone calls, and on and off campus visits
- Compliance with all NCAA policies
- Attendance at practice, all swim meets, and other team-related functions
- Development and pursuit of goals
- Maintenance of team social media accounts
- Other necessary duties as required by the head coach
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of at least 4 years of competitive swimming experience
- College-level swimming experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous coaching experience is preferred at the college, high school, and/or club level
- Positive attitude and demonstrated initiative
- Promotion of a balanced lifestyle as a student-athlete
- Strong organization skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- General Stipend
- On-Campus Housing
- On-Campus Meal Plan
- Undergraduate Tuition Remission (up to 9 credit hours per semester)
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates will submit electronically (MS Word or PDF) a cover letter and resume via the application link – Franklin College Staff Application
Contact Human Resources with additional questions.
101 Branigin Blvd.
Franklin, IN 46131
101 Branigin Blvd., Franklin, IN 46131