Date posted: September 28, 2020
Location: Wooster, OH, USA
Assistant Coach, Men and Women’s Swimming & Pool Manager
Closes: Oct 9, 2020 – 11:59 PM EDT
Job Type: Exempt
Location: Wooster, OH
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a phenomenal benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Coach for Men and Women’s Swimming as well as Pool Manager. This position assists in the coaching duties of the Men Women’s Swimming programs governed by NCAA Operating Bylaws. Oversees one or more specified areas of the sporting discipline or component of a team and assists the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training of student-athletes, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
• Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
• Assists, as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts, provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
• Conducts recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
• Assists, as assigned, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
• Serve as Facility (Pool) Supervisor, including but not limited to managing the usage schedule and lifeguards, and oversight of general pool maintenance.
• May perform administrative duties including working with purchasing/facility manager on ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies, and event management.
Review of applications will begin immediately, with closing date of October 9. Hiring into this position is contingent on successful continuation of institutionally phased varsity practices.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of the specified sports program. Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid Driver’s License, CPR, First Aid, and appropriate sport specific certification.
The College of Wooster is an independent college of the liberal arts and sciences with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. The College values diversity, strives to attract qualified women and minority candidates, and encourages individuals belonging to these groups to apply. Wooster seeks to ensure diversity by its policy of employing persons without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or political affiliation.
The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The College of Wooster is a drug-free workplace.
How to Apply
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2010640
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.