2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT (8PM finals on Friday & Saturday)
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 6 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
The last prelims session of the 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials will be more quiet than most, with just a trio of events on the slate for this morning: the men’s and women’s 50 free and the men’s 1500 free.
Deciding not to contest his No. 2 seed in the men’s 1500 free was Zane Grothe, entering with a 14:56.10 seed time. During his time in Omaha, Grothe placed 11th in the 400 free (3:50.80), 10th in the semifinals of the 200 free (1:47.26), and 12th in the 800 free (8:00.00), where he owns the American record. Also scratching the longest event of the program were 2021 finalists Andrew Abruzzo, Chris Wieser, and Brooks Fail.
The only top-40 scratches of the men’s 50 free was No. 9 seed Blake Pieroni, who placed 3rd in the 100 free final, No. 17 Mitchell Whyte, and No. 35 Hunter Armstrong, who placed 2nd in the 100 back final. On the women’s side, No. 24 seed Katie McLaughlin opted out of the event following a 4th-place finish in the 200 free. No. 31 seed Anna Moesch will also not contest her top-40 seed.
Highlighting the men’s 50 free prelims will be Olympic gold medalists Anthony Ervin, Nathan Adrian, and Caeleb Dressel. Tokyo Olympians Michael Andrew and Zach Apple will also put in morning sprint efforts.
Women’s 100 free champion Abbey Weitzeil will headline the women’s 50 free alongside 2016 Olympian Simone Manuel and Tokyo Olympians Olivia Smoliga, Natalie Hinds, Torri Huske, Erika Brown, and Alex Walsh. Runner-up in the women’s 100 fly, Claire Curzan, will also make waves in the sprint event next to women’s 200 IM runner-up, Kate Douglass.
All Top-40 Day 7 Prelims Scratches:
- Men’s 50 Free: No. 9 Blake Pieroni, No. 17 Mitchell Whyte, No. 35 Hunter Armstrong
- Women’s 50 Free: No. 24 Katie McLaughlin, No. 31 Anna Moesch
- Men’s 1500 Free: No. 2 Zane Grothe, No. 14 Andrew Abruzzo, No. 21 Chris Wieser, No. 26 Ivan Puskovitch, No. 32 Brooks Fail, No. 36 Lance Norris, No. 37 Will Roberts