2019 SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE SWIMMING & DIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, February 19 – Saturday, February 23
- Gabrielsen Natatorium, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Texas A&M Women (3x), Florida men (6x)(results)
- Live results
- Live Video – SEC Network
- Championship Central
- Friday Heat Sheets
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 100 BACK
- SEC Meet: 44.73 2/16/2017 Connor Oslin, Alabama
- Pool: 44.61 12/3/2016 Ryan Murphy, California
- NCAA: 43.49 3/25/2016 Ryan Murphy California
- Zane Waddell (Alabama)- 44.77
- Kacper Stokowski (Florida)- 45.31
- Joey Rilman (Tennesse)- 45.35
South-African native Zane Waddell split a 21.5/23.27 in his back race to have a great finish to win his first SEC title. His winning time of 44.77 moves him up to #3 in the NCAA and #2 all-time in Alabama school history. After not winning a title from 1985 to 2015, Waddell adds to the 4th win for Alabama in this event in the last 5 years.
Second went to Kacper Stokowski (45.31) and third went to Joey Rilman (45.35), which are #5 and #6 in the NCAA as well. Stokowski’s finish also boosts Florida’s lead on Mizzou to a 72-point lead.