2018 AUSTRALIAN SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wednesday, February 28th – Saturday, March 3rd
- Optus Aquatic Centre, Marine Parade, Southport, Queensland
- Prelims at 11:00am local (8pm EST previous night)/Finals at 7:15pm local (4:15am EST)
- Meet Central
- Selection Criteria (including QTs)
- Start Lists
- SwimSwam Meet Preview
- Live Stream (prelims only)
- Live Results
While competing in her 2nd event of the 2018 Australian Trials, prolific sprinter Cate Campbell lowered the Australian national record in the women’s 50m butterfly. She already earned the title as the fastest Australian woman ever in a textile suit with her 50m fly time of 25.68 from the NSW Championships this past January, but she took things to a new level to crack a new NR by .01 of a second in 25.47.
The previous NR was held by Marieke Guehrer, who has been on the books with her suited time of 25.48 from 2009.
C1 has stated that she views the 50m fly as ‘a little bit of fun’, which she would love to swim at the Commonwealth Games. Her performance this morning keeps C1 in the 3rd slot among this season’s world rankings, but further establishes herself as a favorite for the gold on her home turf come April.