This is Pancake Hot Take, where we rate racing on a scale of 1-5 pancakes, and give you our highlights. This is week 1 of major NCAA DI Conference championships, and we are taking you through every day of racing with our picks for the top swims
Day 3 let me down. We just didn’t see records falling like we did the first 2 days! Nevertheless, we do have some pretty exciting swim stories to follow, and some notable swimming. For that, I give Day 3 of conference swimming…
Let’s get into it.
- Race of the Day: I waffled on this one (pun intended) and so I’m doing 2 swim of the days
- At the SEC Champs, Anna Hopkin anchored Arkansas’ 400 medley relay in a blistering 45.78 to register the #5 100 free split of all time
- Up the road in Iowa, Maggie MacNeil started the session off with a 49.42 100 fly, coming in just behind Erika Brown’s newly minted American Record
- Surprise of the Day: Ohio State women kept the hype train rolling, capping a fantastic session with a win in the 200 free relay, upsetting Michigan with a come-from-behind victory. If OSU keeps the lead through tomorrow, it will be the women’s first B1G team title since 1986
- Syrup on Top: Zane Waddell wins the 100 back SEC title in 44.2, THEN turns around and leads Bama’s 400 medley relay off in 44.1, helping them to a 3:02.17 which breaks the SEC meet record
HOW MANY PANCAKES DO YOU THINK TODAY DESERVED? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
Stay tuned for Pancake Hot Takes every day after finals. And until then… stay hungry.