2019 NCSA SPRING JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- March 19th-23rd, 2019
- YMCA of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- 25y (SCY) in prelims & finals
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Central & results
- Live stream
- Day 2 Finals Heat Sheet
14-year-old Landon Gentry of NCAP finished the 200 fly B-final with a personal best of 1:48.79. Despite finishing in 10th place at the NCSA junior national meet, Gentry’s time made 13-14 history as the 5th-fastest time in the event all-time.
Top Five 200 Fly Times- All-Time Boys 13-14
- Michael Andrew, 2014- 1:45.39
- Gianluca Urlando, 2017- 1:47.93
- Ricky Berens, 2003- 1:48.24
- David Dixon, 2013- 1:48.43
- Landon Gentry, 2019- 1:48.79
In the 200 medley relay finals, Gentry popped a 22.08 fly split to aid his NCAP relay to a 4th place finish. Earlier in the meet, Gentry swam the 100 IM with a 51.19, good enough for 23rd place overall.
On the third day of NCSAs, Gentry is scheduled to swim the 400 IM and 100 fly, his 2 next best events. Currently, Gentry sits at #20 in the 100 fly (49.46) and #22 in the 400 IM (3:58.00).