Applications due 06/02/20
Location: 100 Devon Dr, Exton, PA 19341, USA
Manages the implementation, development and delivery of the Competitive Swim program. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring and training of staff; curriculum development; budget control; and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. The Head Swim Coach Director leads the Swim Team in providing a safe environment and provides leadership in expanding Swim Team programming.
- Develop and deliver a high quality, mission focused, YMCA age group competitive swim team program for youth ages 5-18.
- Teach/instruct participants through use of an appropriate curriculum that addresses the skill levels of all participants and assures the program is inclusive and welcoming for all.
- Offer a year round program that includes YMCA short course and long course options as well as a competitive summer league.
- Develop a diverse menu of programs to include stroke, turn and specialized clinics that span all levels of participants.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Interface and interact with swim team parents to communicate and resolve any concerns that arise.
- Develop and oversee the practice schedule of all levels, attend all meets and support the entire competitive program.
- Create a volunteer workforce to run meets that are consistent with YMCA standards.’Manage and organize participation, registration and logistics of swimmers at all swim meets.
- Follow association guidelines related to budget, travel and meet participation. Refer to budget manual, personnel manual and supervisor for specific clarification as needed.
- Coordinate vacation outside of the competitive season responsibilities.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Competitive Swimming Experience for a minimum of 4 years required
- Current Lifeguard certifications
- Must have at least 2 years of coaching experience with swimmers of all ages
- USA swimming coaches credential
- Ability to demonstrate all swim strokes
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and training within 90 days of hire
Typically, the worker is in an indoor environment, protected from weather conditions but subject to some temperature fluctuations. Assigned projects and events may occur outside throughout the year and will be subject to various weather conditions as needed. Demands include (but are not limited to): Visual acuity, talking, hearing, lifting (up to 40lbs. independently, more than 50lbs. with assistance), walking, stooping, rising, kneeling, crouching, sitting or standing (for sustained periods of time), reaching, pushing, pulling, balancing, climbing, feeling, grasping and other repetitive motions of the hands, fingers and wrists. Detailed definitions of each action are available upon request. Demands may be subject to possible modification upon request to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities as reviewed and approved by the human resources department.
How to Apply