Date posted: July 19, 2021
Location: President's House, Meadowview, VA 24361, USA
Emory & Henry College: Athletics
The Assistant Coach supports the Head Coach for their assigned sport(s). In that support role, the Assistant Coach is responsible for helping to operate a program for student-athletes, with differing abilities and skills, and serves as a role model
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in skills, techniques and strategies in preparation for competition and during contests.
- Assist the head coach, as directed, in the coordination of general administrative duties (including budgeting, game scheduling, travel plans, meeting requests for information, and business procedures).
- Communicate with the athletic trainer, Director of Athletics Communication, the Sports Information Director, Associate Director of Athletics, and department administrators as directed by the head coach.
- As directed by the head coach, plan, organize, implement, and evaluate recruiting and scouting activities.
- Assist, as directed by the head coach, the Associate Director of Athletics in matters for which he/she is responsible including ordering and inventorying of equipment, and maintenance and use of facilities for contests and practices.
- Adhere to and follow all rules and guidelines of Emory & Henry College, Old Dominion Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Game day management duties.
Expected to work weekends and evenings as needed
Bachelor’s Degree required
Previous coaching experience college playing experience preferred
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position:
- Ability to coach, teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies specific to their sport
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the stages of student development and the importance of holistic education
- Ability to establish appropriate and effective mentoring relationships with student-athletes
- Ability to be a supportive team player within the Department of Athletics and Emory & Henry College
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A working knowledge of recruiting and compliance software
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning/professional development (i.e., attend conferences, clinics, workshops)
How to Apply
Please attach a cover letter, resume and 3 contact references. Also send to Coach Skinner ([email protected])
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Emory and Henry College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
12221 Itta Bena Road