Date posted: September 1, 2023
Location: 1849 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA
Multnomah Athletic Club is more than Portland’s most legendary hub of sports and socializing. It’s like a small city unto itself. Where else can you find four restaurants, three pools, a climbing gym, state-of-the-art studios and fitness suite, a complex of racquet sport courts, full massage and physical therapy offerings, a boutique, plus a grand ballroom and variety of events spaces all in one place? To say that every employee of MAC has room to move is an understatement almost as big as MAC’s 600,000 square feet of recreational possibilities.
Like water itself, MAC Aquatics can take any shape. Flexibility in hours and schedule is just the shallow end of the metaphorical pool. Apply for a job as a swim instructor, and you can work extra hours as a lifeguard. Even dedicated professionals working multiple jobs can find a way to supplement their income in just 10 hours per week.
Have dreams of a career in culinary, events, communications, administration, or other athletic fields? No other swim facility has so many opportunities for advancement and adaptation.
And that’s not even mentioning all the kinds of aquatic pursuits in which you’ll have the chance to school some of Portland’s most ambitious residents. From elite-level athletes training for international competition to lessons for every age, artistic swimming to water polo, few facilities on the West Coast cater to this many kinds of sport and recreation.
If you’re a competitive athlete yourself, or just someone who likes to cross-train for your own fitness and wellness goals, the sheer breadth of facilities available at MAC will allow you to pursue your passion like never before. Be part of a community that forges lifelong connections and pushes every member to be their best during every season of the year.
Dip your toes into a career in Aquatics at MAC and discover depths of potential you’ll never tire of exploring!
Multnomah Athletic Club is looking for a confident coach with strong leadership skills to motivate and enhance our program, who is passionate about working with youth athletes primarily 14 & under but is comfortable coaching all levels. This coach needs to be able to have good decision making skills that are in the best interest of the athlete and the program and be able to create a safe and positive environment in order for our athletes to be able to reach their potential.
The Assistant Coach is on deck coaching for multiple squads ranging in age from 5-18 years 6 days per week. Average deck time is 21 hours per week. Additional meet and travel time both locally and nationally as needed and outlined by the head coach. Administrative duties will include consistent and timely communication with all swimmers and their families, squad management, new athlete registration, event planning and utilization of software systems (MS office, Team Unify, HyTek), and running Summer Swim Camps at the club. The Assistant Coach will plan their squad’s seasonal practices, meets, travel, athlete education and their own professional development with the guidance of the Head and Age Group Coach. Requires Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming, SafeSport and Lifeguard Certification. Minimum 3 years swim coaching experience and a passion for the sport along with professional drive.
- Experience coaching Novice through Championship Age Group Swimmers.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related work experience.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style.
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Well-versed in Team Unify along with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Able to work seamlessly with all coaches to ensure that athletes 15 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
How to Apply