Date posted: September 12, 2022
Location: 9900 Terwall Terrace, Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
The Village of Pleasant Prairie is looking for a Head Swim Coach, whose main responsibility is the overall management of the Pleasant Prairie Patriots Swim Team. Employees in this classification must represent the Recreation Department in a professional manner, while instructing and monitoring members, guests, and program participants. A special emphasis on program development and quality instruction.
Job Duties include the following:
- Demonstrate professionalism working with Patriots Swim Team athletes, families, and coaches.
- Responsible for athlete development; implement training plans for swim practices and dryland training.
- Responsible for leading and managing 5-15 age group coaches during practices and swim meets.
- Train coaches and hold consistent staff meetings.
- Ability to serve as Senior age group coach.
- Responsible for scheduling of swim meets.
- Responsible for hosting swim meets at the RecPlex.
- Responsible for annual swim team budget including staffing, registrations, training, meets, travel, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of daily club operation in support of the swimmers, membership, team mission, and values.
- Responsible for creating a positive culture for the Pleasant Prairie Patriot (PX3) swim team.
- Meet all deadlines for facility contract requirements regarding schedules, swim meet line ups, swim meet registrations and USA Swimming/US Master Swimming athlete and non-athlete registrations.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development for self and assistant coaches; work to achieve next level of certification for all staff under your direction.
- Work directly with Aquatics Supervisor to establish pre-competitive swim lessons program.
- Communicate with other teams and/or LSC regarding meet operations, participations, financial reports and entries to the Swim Team Administrator.
- Update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Track team membership numbers and provide recruitment plans to ensure team growth.
- Act as pool liaison for competitive facility rentals and swim meets from outside organizations as needed.
- Must know and enforce all RecPlex, Village and Department rules, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Must exhibit a teamwork attitude and self-motivation, take the initiative to solve problems and innovate.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Assume an equal share of the joint house-keeping responsibilities in all aquatic program areas.
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements – educational, certifications and experience
- 3+ years of Coaching experience.
- Experienced with USA Swimming OME, Team Unify, HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sports management, kinesiology or recreation preferred, experience can stand in place of this requirement.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard and or Lifeguard Instructor Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Maintain a current USA Swimming Certification as a coach at all times.
- USA Swimming Business Management Training 101 & 201 or ability to achieve within 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
Be sure to visit our Village of Pleasant Prairie website to apply for this position: https://www.pleasantprairiewi.gov/departments/human_resources/employment
Village of Pleasant Prairie
9915 39th Avenue
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158