Applications due 10/15/19
Location: 2102 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL, USA
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago is seeking a well-organized and energetic professional for the role of Aquatics Manager. The Aquatics Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and supervision of all aquatic program activities, aquatics staff and facilities at four Club sites. In addition, the Aquatics Manager will be responsible for the hiring and development of aquatic staff, including but not limited to, certifications, in-service trainings, and scheduling.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Develop, plan, organize and supervise all aquatics program activities to meet BGCC objectives. Establishes new program activities in accordance with strategic and operating plans;
- Develop all schedules and maintain communication of such with appropriate staff;
- Establish and maintain guidelines for staff in preparation of swim lesson plans;
- Recruits, trains, develops, schedules and directs aquatics staff as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals;
- Provide aquatics trainings, and ensures staff certifications and records are complete;
- Monitors daily pool operations at all clubs, adhering to all state, local and BGCC health and safety regulations;
- Develop and execute emergency procedures, skills and safety drills;
- Follow established procedures and execute sound judgment;
- Maintain aquatic department quality standards and exceptional image;
- Provides emergency lifesaving assistance, performs lifesaving CPR and First Aid in accordance with certified practices and procedures; contacts emergency medical assistance when needed.
- BS/BA Degree or a combination of education/work experience;
- Minimum 3 years aquatics and/or recreation management experience;
- Mandatory Water Safety Instruction Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR and AED Certifications;
- Certified Pool Operator License preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in pool operations and maintenance.
- Must be attentive to details, be able to work and meet deadlines;
- Must be able to take initiative in making decisions and solving problems and work independently with little supervision;
- Must have excellent human relation, written and oral communication skills;
- Display a personal commitment to aquatics program development and quality club member experience.
- Spend time both at the Club Support Center and at the Clubs
- Must have reliable, insured private transportation
- Must pass criminal background check
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be physically fit and able to participate in aquatics activities with youth. Must be able to participate in aquatics activities with many children in motion.
$55K – $60K plus comprehensive benefit package
How to Apply
To apply: https://bgcc.org/careers/ or email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
2102 W. Monroe St. Chicago, IL 60601