Date posted: November 17, 2022
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
BASIC PURPOSE: This position is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Swim Coach with all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Women’s Swimming and diving program as a component of the University experience, which enhances and supports the students’ liberal arts education in support of the mission of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assists with all phases of Division II Women’s Swimming and Diving Program.
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes.
- Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption University, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA.
- Assists with for identifying, evaluating, and recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of NCAA compliance amongst coaches and student-athletes.
- Represents the sports programs in the community as appropriate.
- Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
- Position requires working weekends and nights.
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
- Prioritizes attendance at university events such as Student-Athlete Candlelight, Hall of Fame Dinner, Athletics Awards Night, Orientation, Graduation, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Head Women’s and Men’s Swim Coach
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University.
- University coaching experience preferred
- Strong communication and public relations, management, and leadership skills
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Master’s preferred.
- Must have a current driver’s license and meet the qualifications of an Assumption University Driver.
- Vaccination and Boosted for COVID-19
- Communicates regularly with students, parents, faculty, high school coaches, NCAA, and Conference officials.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work may, on occasion, involve exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity.
- May require physical effort, including lifting to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking.
- Assumption University is strongly committed to providing for the enrichment and professional development of its faculty and staff and to providing educational opportunities. This position is eligible to receive tuition remission for up to two Assumption University CCE or Graduate classes per semester, beginning with the first full semester after the employee’s hire date.
How to Apply
Eric Gobiel500 Salisbury St, Worcester, MA 01609