Applications due 06/30/18
Assistant Coach, Men and Women’s Swimming
Assists in the coaching duties of the Men Women’s Swimming programs governed by NCAA Operating Bylaws. Oversees one or more specified areas of the sporting discipline or component of a team and assists the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training of student-athletes, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assists, as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts, provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Conducts recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists, as assigned, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
- May perform administrative duties including working with purchasing/facility manager on ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies, and event management.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of the specified sports program. Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid Driver’s License, CPR, First Aid, and appropriate sport specific certification.
How to Apply
For highest consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to the link below.
College of Wooster Human Resources