The Arizona State revolving door keeps spinning, as Chatsworth, Calif., native Katherine Wagner has announced her decision to leave ASU to pursue new opportunities at Minnesota. After two seasons in Tempe, Wagner will have two more left in Minneapolis.
- 50y free – 22.54
- 100y free – 49.41
- 200y free – 1:49.82
- 100y fly – 55.31
Wagner is primarily a sprint freestyler. While she did not score individually at Pac-12’s as a freshman, Wagner did race in the 50 free B final and 100 free C final this season at the 2018 Pac-12 Championships.
Minnesota has struggled to grow a sizable sprint free group in recent years, so Wagner will be a welcome addition– especially when considering the fact that Minnesota just graduated Danielle Nack, the Gophers’ best 50 freestyler during the 2017-18 season.
With her current bests, Wagner would’ve been a B finalist at the 2018 B1G Championships in both the 50 and 100 free, her best events.
ASU TRANSFER TRACKER
- Emily Glinecke to FGCU (two years of elig. left)
- Dylan Boyd to Michigan (three years of elig. left)
- Katherine Wagner to Minnesota (two years of elig. left)
- Jack Kucharczyk and Jackson Etter from Indiana (two years of elig. left each)
- Cierra Runge from Wisconsin (two years of elig. left)
- Gage Kohner from Northwestern (one year of elig. left)
- Carter Swift from Eastern Michigan (three years of elig. left)