2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Psych Sheets
- Day 4 Finals Live Stream
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 4 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 200 IM FINAL
- World Record: Katinka Hosszu (HUN) – 2:06.12 (2015)
- American Record: Ariana Kukors – 2:06.15 (2009)
- US Open Record: Kathleen Baker (USA) – 2:08.32 (2018)
- World Junior Record: Yu Yiting (CHN) – 2:09.64 (2021)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Katinka Hosszu (HUN) – 2:06.58
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Maya DiRado – 2:09.54
- Wave I Cut: 2:17.39
- Wave II Cut: 2:15.26
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 2:12.56
This meet has had no shortage of unbelievably close three-way finishes, and we might’ve just seen the best one yet.
Madisyn Cox made her move on the breaststroke, taking over second at the 150, and looked to be on the way to finally earning her first Olympic berth. Walsh’s UVA teammate Kate Douglass began to make her push on the freestyle, and then it was the three of them—Walsh, Cox and Douglass—neck and neck in the closing meters.
Despite her stroke tying up at the end, Walsh held on for the win, touching in 2:09.30 to qualify for her first Olympic team, over four tenths slower than the semis.