This smoothie is probably one of my favorite smoothies of all time! Not only is this smoothie full of flavor, but it is also packed with nutrients to have you starting your day off the right way!
For all my coffee lovers out there, especially the ones that need a ‘pick me up’ after early morning practice, this recipe is for you. This smoothie is creamy, delicious, and the perfect post-practice or caffeine-infused afternoon treat!
This smoothie should only take a couple of minutes to whip up if you prepare your chilled coffee or cold brew in advance. I like to make a pot of coffee and chill it in the refrigerator overnight. By doing this, it will keep your smoothie chilled and help maintain the thick texture.
This frozen coffee smoothie has a dash of chocolate flavor from the cacao, a boost of protein from the vanilla protein powder of choice, and a nutty, creamy finish with the smooth natural peanut butter. I think the secret ingredient in this smoothie is the vanilla protein powder. I use the brand Ascent, I will link it at the bottom of this article! By incorporating a little vanilla flavor to the smoothie, this will have it tasting a little like a vanilla latte!
Let’s dive into the deets, shall we?
- ¾ cup brewed, chilled coffee
- ⅓ cup of oats
- 1 cup of sliced, frozen bananas
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ½ tablespoon of cacao
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice (32 grams)
- In a high-powered blender, put all ingredients in and blend on high for about 20-30 seconds or until everything is combined. If necessary, add more milk to help blend if the mixture is too thick.
- Grab your favorite cup. Pour and enjoy!
Ascent Protein Powder: https://www.ascentprotein.com/products/vanilla-bean-protein-powder?variant=31917023035466
As always, if you decide to give this recipe a try, please tag me @rubyfaye99 ! I would love to see your end result and what you think!