2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 2 Finals Live Stream
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
After qualifying for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics in both the 200 and 400 free events, Florida Gator Kieran Smith has opted out of the 800 free in favor of the 100 free. Smith was seeded 13th in the 800 free at 7:59.27 while he is currently sitting in 16th on the 100 free psychs at 49.11.
Also opting out of the 800 free include No. 12 seed Brooks Fail, who placed 5th in the 400 free final on Sunday, and No. 17 seed Zach Yeadon, who placed 28th during the 400 free prelims. In contrast, Jake Maghey will swim in the 800 free prelims over the 100 free. Magahey was seeded 19th in the 100 free while he is the 7th seed in the 800 distance.
Meanwhile, Chase Kalisz, already on the Olympic team for the 400 IM, will not contest his No. 13-seeded 200 breast (2:11.61). Another Tokyo Olympian, Michael Andrew, decided not to swim the 100 free prelims along with Luca Urlando and Jacob Pebley. Also opting out of prelims this morning include Shaine Casas, who will not swim his No. 17-seeded 100 free (49.16). Casas placed 3rd in yesterday’s 100 back final at 52.76.
In the lone women’s event of the morning, the 200 fly, Tokyo Olympian Torri Huske will rest her energy this session for the upcoming 200 IM final along with teen star Bella Sims and versatile Brooke Forde.
Top-40 Scratches: Day 4 Prelims
- Men’s 100 Free: No. 17 Shaine Casas, No. 19 Jake Magahey, No. 24 Michael Andrew, No. 31 Luca Urlando, No. 34 Jacob Pebley
- Women’s 200 Fly: No. 12 Torri Huske, No. 36 Bella Sims, No. 37 Brooke Forde
- Men’s 200 Breast: No. 13 Chase Kalisz
- Men’s 800 Free: No. 12 Brooks Fail, No. 13 Kieran Smith, No. 17 Zach Yeadon, No. 36 Connor Daniels