Location: 4905 Mermaid Boulevard, Wilmington, DE, USA
with Delaware Swim Team
Delaware Swim Team (DST) is seeking experienced coaches to work with our 8&U, 9-14 age groups and our highly successful Junior National Group (9-14)
DST is focused on motivating, teaching, training and young athletes to achieve their potential in competitive swimming in the belief that this experience will provide “life skills” that will prove to be invaluable assets throughout their swimming career and adult life. We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is passionate about swimming and has strong communication and people skills. This individual will be dedicated to laying foundations necessary for athletes to be successful throughout their entire career.
- Conduct workouts 5-6 days per week.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach with administrative tasks relating to the team including swim meet arrangements and team performance as well as communications with parents.
- Work closely with the DST staff and other coaches on issues that concern the club as a whole.
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required.
- Safety Certifications: Current CPR Certification, First Aid (or Lifeguard) Certification, and Safety Training for swim coaches (available at www.usaswimming.org).
USA Swimming requirements: Athlete protection training, Background Check through the USA Swimming background check
Location: 126 North St, Waterville, ME, USA
with Alfond Youth Center
The Alfond Youth Center in Waterville, Maine is looking for a dynamic motivated individual to oversee our Aquatics department and coach our competitive youth swim team. This an exciting full-time, year round, exempt level position.
Position Summary: Assures the effective and efficient operation of the Alfond Youth Center Aquatic Department facilities and programs, with a primary responsibility of serving as the Head Coach of the Mid Maine Dolphins club swimming team. Works with staff and volunteers to develop and maintain quality programs, standards, procedures, and facilities in accordance guidelines set by the YMCA of USA, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and American Red Cross. Duties include the development and management of programs, staffing, budgets, marketing, philanthropic initiatives and strategic operations.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, deliver, and evaluate Aquatic programs that meets the needs and interests of each programs target population. Ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
- Lead by example and direction, expressing the importance of YMCA & BGCA values, participant safety, and enthusiastic fulfillment of program objectives.
- Ensure that Local, State & Federal guidelines are followed for Aquatic Facilities and programs.
- Develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures.
- Design and ensure delivery of programs and activities appropriate to the target populations. Including, but not limited to: Competitive Swim (Dolphins, Masters), Swim Lessons, Water Fitness Classes, Open Pool times, & Pool Rentals (Schools, Birthdays, Groups).
- Remain current with information on the developmental needs of youth.
- Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the programs and staff.
- Work with Office Manager & Welcome Center Staff to create a customer focused registration process, and maintain an accurate database of participant records.
- Provide direct support and supervision for Aquatic staff and volunteers.
- Follow human resource management practices to recruit and retain seasonal staff and volunteers.
- Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate seasonal and year-round staff and volunteers.
- Provide council, advice and daily supervision for all staff and volunteers.
- Serve as Head Coach of Dolphins Club Swim Program.
- Organize and conduct practice workouts that are developmentally appropriate, well organized, and build progression throughout the course of the season.
- Develop a team culture that is focused on Youth Development, which rewards effort and commitment, not just results.
- Assist swimmers in developing, evaluating, and achieving goals.
- Schedule, organize, and administer home and away meets, make sure all paperwork is completed in submitted on time.
- Stay current with developments in the field of competitive swimming.
- Work with Dolphin Parent Group to assist with organizational and administrative functions.
- Design and implement a marketing plan to increase enrollments in Aquatic programs.
- Prepare and analyze enrollment trends.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
- Ensure websites and social media accounts provide up to date, relevant program content.
- Promote Aquatic programs using a variety of marketing outlets.
- Maintains relationships with participating families, local school committees, school administrators, teachers and students to promote Aquatic programs.
- Oversee the financial management and fund development operations to allow for adequate annual funding and to meet long-term goals.
- Develop and monitor budget for the Aquatic operations.
- Work with Dolphin Parents Group to attain fundraising objectives to support Dolphin Swim participants.
- Develops, monitors, and negotiates contracts with service vendors required for the Aquatics Department.
- Assist the AYC Development Director as it relates to long-term fund raising strategies for the Aquatic program and facilities.
- Generate revenue to support Aquatic programs and operations through groups and facility rentals.
- Secure group and event rentals.
- Ensure rentals are adequately staffed and each group receives a quality experience.
- Coordinate and ensure maintenance and housekeeping needs are met for Aquatic Programs.
- Ensure regular maintenance & cleaning processes are in place and followed.
- Work with Operations Director to prioritize long terms facility needs.
- Abilities to observe participant and staff behavior, assess appropriateness enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, apply appropriate management techniques.
- Maintain required certifications necessary for coach’s position (i.e. USA and YMCA Swim requirements.
- Visual and auditory ability and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to lead, direct, and participate in activities with youth and staff members.
- Understand, interpret, and articulate the mission of the Alfond Youth Center.
Location: University Park, State College, PA, USA
with Pennsylvania State University
Coordinator of Athletic Programs 3 (Head Swimming Coach and Intramural Coordinator)
The head coach of men’s and women’s swimming will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating and recruiting qualified student-athletes, organizing and conducting team practices and contests; preparing and overseeing team scheduling. Coach will hire, supervise and evaluate part-time assistant coaches and will adhere to all NCAA Division III, conference, and institution policies and procedures. Administer a diverse and comprehensive intramural sports program, recreational sports and fitness program for students, faculty, staff, and members of a diverse campus community. Assist with facility management of the Adler Athletic Complex. Also, organizing, promoting, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of all intramural activities. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate intramural staff and lifeguards. This job has an emphasis on creating and maintaining sport and fitness programs in a dynamic team atmosphere that promotes strong customer service relations and satisfaction. Evaluate the programming and make suggestions for changes and improvements. Requires a proficient and comprehensive knowledge of recreational programing and the ability to interpret and communicate information and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively. Normal hours are 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Sports Administration, Recreation or related field. Related experience in a recreational sports setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Collegiate coaching experience preferred. Employee supervision, event management, and computer experience desired. The successful candidate will be student centered and committed to upholding the values, mission and goals of Penn State. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire with possibility of re-funding.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Location: Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Scholar Way, Corona, CA, USA
with Circle City Aquatics
Circle City Aquatics is looking to fill an Age Group Coaching position at Eleanor Roosevelt High school in Eastvale CA. The coach will be working primarily with 8 & under athletes, and consists of 10-15 hours of coaching Monday – Friday, including occasional weekend swim meets.
- Report to the Head Coaches
- Teach proper swimming technique and train 8 & under athletes
- Communicate effectively with other coaches, swimmers and parents
Location: 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing Township, NJ, USA
with The College of New Jersey
The College of New Jersey invites applications for Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach. This position resides in the Athletic Department, within the Division of Student Affairs and reports directly to the Executive Director of Athletics.
The Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for the direction, instruction and supervision of the Men’s Swimming and Diving program and the oversight and development of assistant coaches. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, operations of the assigned sport, compliance with all NCAA and NJAC rules and regulations, adherence to the standards and values of the college, budget management, academic support and integrity, competition scheduling and the recruitment and development of qualified student-athletes. The position serves as site manager for out-of-season home contests for other sports, including NJAC and NCAA competitions. In addition, the position requires participation on various department committees as assigned.
The Head Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach also serves as one of the department’s CPO and assists the Assistant Athletic Director of Facilities in overseeing the daily operations of the Aquatic Center including staff, programs and facility maintenance. Position assists with hiring, training, scheduling and supervising lifeguard staff. Assists with developing and implementing policies and guidelines of the Aquatic Center to ensure appropriate staffing, safety and optimal operation as well as assisting with the scheduling of the Aquatic Center membership, special events and rentals.
The College of New Jersey Athletic Department strives for excellence in providing a nationally competitive athletic and academic experience. We support the well-rounded student-athlete by developing the student-athlete academically, athletically and socially in preparation for life after college. We aim to recruit, advance and graduate student-athletes who are committed to personal growth, character development, serving the greater good of the campus and community, and embracing the ideals of the NCAA Division III Philosophy. The College of New Jersey provides equitable opportunities for men and women to participate in nationally competitive athletic programs under the guidelines of the New Jersey Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
Must have sufficient understanding of swimming and diving, and how to teach it.
Must understand and comply with NCAA Division III rules and philosophies.
Must understand and develop leadership skills in student-athletes and assistant coaches. Ability to serve as a positive role model.
Certified Pool Operator.
Certified in CPR, AED and first aid.
Strong organizational skills along with the ability to effectively communicate, implement and lead.
Ability to work in a collaborative team and goal oriented environment.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
5-7 years of college coaching experience
Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Location: 5602 Naaman Forest Boulevard, Garland, TX, USA
with Life Time Fitness - Garland, TX
Location: Tiffin University
with Tiffin University
|Tiffin University is accepting resumes for the position of head swimming and diving coach.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the operation and administration of the program in accordance with the policies, procedures and by-laws of Tiffin University, the athletic department, and NCAA Division II.
Duties consist of recruiting, budget development and fiscal management, practice planning, scheduling, travel arrangements, fund raising and promotion of the team with alumni, the campus and community.
Tiffin University is an equal opportunity employer.
|Bachelor’s Degree required. Successful coaching experience must be demonstrated. Submit a letter of application, resume, and three references to: Lonny Allen, Athletic Director, Tiffin University at [email protected].|
Location: Arlington Heights, IL, USA
with Alligator Aquatics
Alligator Aquatics seeking to hire – Head Age Group Coach
Objective: To lead, enhance and grow the Alligator Age Group program.
Primary Responsibilities: *Oversee all aspects of the Age Group program (ages 6-12). including planning, designing and implementing practices, dry land and meets for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue groups. *Coach the Blue group directly. *Attend all meets, training and workout sessions that the Blue group participates in, and 60% of the sessions that the Gold, Silver and Green groups swims in. *Work closely and cohesively with our assistant coaches for the Green, Silver, Gold and Blue Groups. *Expectation to work 15 – 18 hours weekly (practice, meets and weekly admin work). Also help coach our Masters group.
Required – 2 years coaching experience, must be a certified USA swimming coach and enthusiastic with kids. Continuing education is expected. Lifeguard certified helpful
This position is salaried. We pride ourselves on paying our employees well and commensurate with experience.
Location: Lawrence, IN, USA
with Lawrence Swim Team
The Lawrence Swim Team, located on the northeast side of Indianapolis, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and knowledgeable individual to be the Head Coach starting immediately. The Head Coach will have a position on the 7 member board of directors.
The mission of the Lawrence Swim Team is to provide the community of Lawrence Township a competitive and instructional swimming program in an environment that will foster an atmosphere of sportsmanship, character, and achievement through hard work and goal setting.
Lawrence Swim Team has a Facility Use Agreement with Lawrence Township allowing access to the Lawrence North Pool (14 lanes, 25 yards wide with bulkhead) and Lawrence Central Pool (6 lanes, 25 yards) when not in use by the schools.
The qualified candidate will have extensive experience designing annual training programs for training groups of all ages. Such programs should include (for all strokes) development of technique, endurance, speed and power; dry land training to supplement in water training; tapering strategies prior to championship seasons; and understanding of training intensity cycles. The qualified candidate will have experience educating age group coaches on implementation of the above, and will insure the continued growth and development of all members of the coaching staff.
All potential candidates must meet USA Swimming and Indiana Swimming coaching requirements and have previous head coaching experience. Those requirements include:
CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited to the Following:
* Manage day to day club business.
* Planning, scheduling and conducting practices in coordination with other assistant coaches and other programs that use the facilities.
* Maintain effective relationships with Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township (MSDLT) swim coaches, parents, and athletes via individual conferences and periodic group meetings.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with the club board by openly discussing parental concerns providing input to strategic planning and policy making, and presenting ideas and opportunities for club improvement through USA Swimming’s recognition program.
* Develop the overall coaching philosophy and direction of the club to ensure that the tradition of excellence and the type of student-athlete-citizen that the LST has produced will continue.
* Maintain a close affiliation with various swimming associations such as Indiana Swimming, USA Swimming, ASCA, NISCA, and IHSSCA to foster a positive working relationship, to ensure the club is informed of upcoming events, to solicit support and for personal development.
* Supervision of Lawrence Swim Team athletes at practices, meets, and travel (if applicable).
* Attendance at regularly scheduled board meetings, coaches meetings, practices, and meets.
* Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Software and Team Unify Website Design is required.
* A coaching position with any of the Lawrence Township swim teams, including assistant coach and head coach, may be available.
Lawrence Swim Team, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
with Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Team: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club
Job Title: Head Age Group Coach
Job Description: With guidance from BAAC’s Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will design and conduct the training program for the team’s Novice and Advanced groups.
Novice Group: This group is designed to be an introduction to the sport where athletes learn the legal strokes, good practice habits, and how to be a great teammate. Typically, this group consists of swimmers ranging 6-10 years old, but it is not limited to those ages. This group currently practices 4 days per week at 1 hour per practice.
Advanced: This group is designed for goal-oriented age group swimmers who have shown a level of skill and dedication to the sport that would have them seeking a higher level of performance each and every day. Currently, this group consists of swimmers ranging 10-14 years old. Amongst them are Team Record Holders, LSC Championship Finalists, Zones Finalists, and more. This group currently practices 6 days per week at 2 hours per practice.
From a group progression and swimmer development standpoint, the Novice and Advanced groups are separated by the team’s Age Group. Swimmers progressing from the team’s Advanced group will move into the Senior training program.
Responsibilities: BAAC’s Head Age Group Coach will:
– Collaborate with the team’s Head Coach to develop seasonal training plans for Novice, Age Group, and Advanced practice groups within the philosophy of BAAC’s program.
– design and conduct our Novice & Advanced groups, including developing and implementing dryland workouts.
– Create fun and engaging, yet challenging, skills based practices for the their training groups.
– Work with and mentor the other age group coaches and assist, as needed, them and their training groups.
– Attend all swim meets in which swimmer’s from under their direction are attending (usually one to two meets a month).
– Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested by the Head Coach.
– Collaborate with the entire staff to develop benchmarks for measuring our swimmers’ improvement and increasing opportunities for all swimmers on the team.
– Work with the Head Coach to oversee individual and team entries, submit entries and post any relevant meet information to our website.
– Track swimmers’ training goals and statistics along with monthly attendance figures. This includes individual goal meetings with swimmers on a seasonal basis and any additional meetings as needed.
– Participate and provide input to Head Coach on hiring of new staff members.
– Attend and participate in our LSC House of Delegates meetings.
– 4+ years of coaching experience of high level age group or senior swimmers.
– ASCA level 2 or higher preferred.
– Bachelor’s Degree in athletic field.
– Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek is recommended. Ability to learn quickly is required if applicant is not familiar.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to give attention and critiques to all coached athletes on a daily basis in practice environments.
– Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, etc.
– Passion and excitement for the sport of swimming and teaching athletes is a must.
Team Description: Buffalo Area Aquatic Club trains in an Olympic-sized pool in the Alumni Arena, which is located on the University at Buffalo’s Northern Campus in Buffalo, NY. The program has doubled in sized over the past year. Signs point to continued growth, and BAAC wants to add a 2nd full-time, progressive, and goal-oriented coach that will provide BAAC a competitive edge in the region while continuing to give our swimmers excellent opportunities for advancement.
Prior to the 2017 SC season, BAAC has won the Small Teams Division at Niagara’s LSC Championships (both SC and LC) for 4 years in a row. We did not win in the 2017 SC season as we’ve grown too large to be considered a small team, which we’re very proud of. Our goal is continued growth and progress amongst our swimmers and our program.
Buffalo, affectionately referred to as The City of Good Neighbors, is shedding its Rust Belt image and is home to a new waterfront, great restaurants (not even counting the wings), and is among the most affordable cities in the U.S. You’ll rarely commute for more than 20 minutes, and proximity to Toronto puts a major metropolis in easy driving distance.
BAAC holds Recognition Level 2 as a Board-governed team and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on qualifications and experience. There is potential for bonuses and medical insurance allowance. Job related education and travel expenses are covered or reimbursed.
Location: 333 Nahanton Street, Newton Centre, MA, USA
with Karishim Aquatics Swim Club
*****This position has been filled******
Karishim Aquatics Swim Club (KASC), a competitive swimming club in Newton, MA (greater Boston area), is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Coach. We are looking for a coach who is a dynamic team player and is excited to help KASC continue its growth in both size and achievement.
KASC swimmers have experienced steady improvement over the past ten years in both the highly competitive New England USA Swimming league and the less competitive JCC league. Our 130 athletes experience competitive success and personal, emotional growth because our coaching staff believes that prioritizing team building and growth mindset makes the happiest (and fastest) athletes.
- Plan, schedule and lead group practices which incorporate the USRPT training method
- Coach at both USA and JCC swim meets
- Leads all coach’s meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Determine swimmers’ events for meet entries
- Supervise assistant coaches
- Manage assistant coaches schedules and their professional development
- Maintain excellent relationship with parents
- Swim meet organization and coaching
- Establish and maintain social media platforms, team website, meet management and team management software programs
- Involved in coordinating parent volunteers, team photos, socials, board meetings and season ending banquets
- Maintains records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach’s certifications, and record board and meet participation
- Responds to all parent and swimmer inquiries and complaints in timely manner
- Leads staff meetings and/or related meetings
- Maintains order and safety in swimming areas
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives
Applicant Coaches must:
- be USA Swimming certified or be willing and able to become USA Swimming certified within the first 30 days of employment
- be excited to incorporate the USRPT training method into their daily practices
- be professional, enthusiastic and POSITIVE people who exhibit effective teaching/communication skills
- demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education, in the sport of swimming and coaching
- have prior competing and/or coaching experience in swimming or any sport
- be knowledgeable of stroke/skill technique, season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
Applicant Coaches may (but not must):
- be ASCA certified
Location: 10 North River Road, Mount Clemens, MI, USA
with Macomb Marlins - YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for general administration of the competitive swim program as assigned by YMCA branch leadership. Individual will be responsible with ensuring the delivery of high quality programs and highly motivated staff as well as meeting standards set forth by the YMCA of Metro Detroit.
- Lead the Macomb YMCA Marlins swim team in accordance with YMCA’s highest standards of quality and safety.
- Work with branch executive director and aquatic manager to ensure program structure meets the needs of community and strategic goals for YMCA aquatics programming.
- Develops a team of staff which will continue to promote the YMCA Mission and Character Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Recruit and evaluate all staff and coaches in conjunction with Executive Director and/or Aquatic Manager.
- Ensure that all coaches maintain all necessary certifications.
- Recommend opportunities for coaches to broaden skills at coach’s clinics to keep our team on the cutting edge in competitive swimming
- In conjunction with coaches, plans positive goal setting strategies for all swimmers.
- Maintains positive, professional communications and interactions with the Macomb Y Marlins Parent Group.
- Meet with branch leadership as needed.
- Perform other appropriate duties integral to the success of the competitive swim program.
- Work with branch leadership to input activities, maintain and run rosters.
- Work with branch leadership to prepare program promotional materials that meet brand guidelines.
- In conjunction with parent volunteer, manage the “Team Unify” website and data base.
- Support team communications including program information, practice schedules information, etc.
- Ensure that all employees are trained in and following DayForce time and attendance policies.
- In conjunction with the Aquatics Manager, assist in scheduling of lifeguards for off-site swim team programming
- Work within assigned budget guidelines from supervisor.
- Work with manager to schedule and monitor staff hours using DayForce, meeting all payroll deadlines.
- Review financial reports with supervisor as needed
- Support in reporting team financial performance to parent volunteers
- Participate in branch annual campaign activities.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and USA Swimming and YMCA swimming rules.
- Current certification in ARC / YMCA / Ellis Lifeguard Certification / CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent, and First Aid, including Oxygen Administration.
- YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving (within 30 days of start).
- Minimum of 4 years of personal competitive swimming experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of swim team coaching experience.
- Computer experience with Word, Excel and Team Unify programs.
- Skills in organizational management, staff and volunteer leadership, human relations and team building. Must be able to use good judgment and problem solving skills in daily strategic and emergency situations.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Maintain the physical requirements necessary to maintain certification in Ellis Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and Oxygen Administration.
Incumbent must be friendly, enthusiastic, and a genuine representative of the Macomb Family YMCA Marlins Swim Team. Must be able to think in the abstract, solve problems, make decisions, instruct, evaluate and remember. Must be able to make and/or assist in hiring decisions of the coaching staff and work with YMCA branch leadership.
The YMCA of Metro Detroit reserves the right to change this job description as conditions change. I have read and understand this job description and agree to perform the responsibilities as written.
Location: 19133 David Memorial Drive, Shenandoah, TX, USA
with THe Woodlands Swim Team
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
with Chatham University
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of ’29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places “contributing to Pittsburgh’s transformation into a destination for green living.”
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world’s first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for a Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Athletics Director.
The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Chatham University Swimming and Diving Program which is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Presidents’ Athletics Conference (PAC). This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a competitive program with full rosters for the women and men’s swim and dive programs.
- Successfully recruit both regionally and nationally both developing a recruiting plan in conjunction with the University Admission’s department.
- Oversee the appointments and supervision of the assistant coaches and support staff for the swim program.
- Oversee budget and resource management for the swimming and diving program.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Athletics, other coaches and staff to support and achieve overall goals established by the athletics department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Athletics Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years of full time coaching experience in the college level, computer proficiency and valid driver’s license.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
with Brandeis University
Brandeis University seeks hire an Assistant Coach, Swimming and Diving, to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching the team which competes as an NCAA DIII program and as a member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the Linsey Pool.
Examples of Responsibilities:
Coach student-athletes in daily practices and at home and away contests. Assist with the student-athlete recruitment effort as needed. Manage operation of the Linsey Pool as part of other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; previous coaching experience preferred; valid driver’s license required, must be qualified to be insured by Brandeis University. Background check required.
First aid, CPR and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certifications and swim coaching experience. Administers the daily operation of the Linsey pool including scheduling its use, training, supervising and scheduling lifeguards, and serving as liaison to Facilities Services to assure the pool is fully functional at all times. Serves as aquatics director and maintains certification as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
Internal Number: 527097
About Brandeis University
Brandeis University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.