Date posted: January 23, 2022
Location: 12479 Dillingham Square, Lake Ridge, VA, USA
with Goldfish Swim School Lake Ridge
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Date posted: January 19, 2022
Location: 404 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT, USA
with Wilton YMCA Wahoos
The Wilton YMCA Wahoos is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and positive individual for the position of Assistant Coach. This position is responsible for serving as an Assistant Coach for the Pre-Team, Super Bronze, Super Squad and Age Group practice squads, as well as performing some administrative duties and conducting in water swim lesson instruction three days a week. Coaching the Masters swim program and assisting in the coaching of our National, Senior and Junior training squads as needed. The Assistant Coach will work in partnership with the Head Coach, Head Age Group Coach and Aquatics Department on all aspects of the Wahoos Competitive Swim Team and Developmental Programs.
- Act as the Assistant Coach for the Pre- Team, and all Age Group practice groups.
- Establish a positive practice environment, while teaching self-discipline, dedication, and responsibility.
- Three days a week of in water swim instruction.
- Attend all swim meets according to Competition Schedule set by Wahoos Head Coach.
- Assist/Substitute with other practice groups as needed.
- Communicate effectively with Aquatics Director, athletes, parents, and volunteers as needed.
- Complete meet entries as needed.
- Support club operations as needed.
- Attend all Staff Meetings and Assist the Head Age Group Coach and Wahoo Office Manager with necessary administrative support (i.e., Registration, other Office-work)
- Assist the Head Age Group Coach and Aquatics Director with daily operations of Wahoo Summer Programming (i.e., Swim lessons, Pre-Team).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current Coach Membership with USA Swimming Required – ASCA Membership Required
- Excellent human relations skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong knowledge of Google software (Sheets, Docs, Forms, etc.)- a plus
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, and Team Manager software- a plus
- Familiarity with Team Unify website development software – a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in coaching, preferably in a Club or YMCA Program
- Previous Competitive Swimming experience
Work ranges from Pool Deck (indoors and outdoors in summer)), as well as an Office Setting.
Work hours are variable depending on practices, needed administrative work, and time of year.
Weekend and evening work including, but not limited to, swim practices, swim meets, parent meetings, team banquets, and other miscellaneous Wahoo and YMCA events.
The Wilton Y Wahoos is a Nationally recognized YMCA and USA, year-round competitive swim team offering top notch professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The Wilton Wahoos Team with over 230 swimmers has captured 34 YMCA National Swimming Championship Titles since 1972 and established gold, Silver and Bronze USA Club Excellence status. Our programs include age group swimming as well as a masters swim program, which ranges from competitive to general conditioning. Our goal is to provide every swimmer with an opportunity to develop excellence and personal potential through swimming and develop a life-long love for the sport and achieve success at the highest level possible. We structure practices in a positive, well-maintained environment that fosters not only great swimmers, but also great individuals. The coaching staff at Wilton has experience coaching swimmers at all levels, from Novice to High School to National Champions and Olympic and Paralympic trialists. Their goals are to make the Wahoo experience enjoyable for all swimmers they coach and to help the athletes reach their highest potential. The Wilton Y Wahoos is a club member of Connecticut Swimming LSC.
This position offers a full benefits package inclusive of:
- Health and Dental insurance (employer pays 69%, employee pays 31% of premium)
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance (100% employer paid)
- Paid time Off
- 403b plan
- YMCA pension plan with employer contribution (upon eligibility)
- Y Membership and employee discounts
- Cell phone, laptop
Salary is commensurate with experience. This Coaching opportunity can become a growth opportunity as well for the right candidate.
Wilton, Connecticut, United States
- Position Title: Wilton Y Wahoos Assistant Coach
- Company Name: Riverbrook Regional/ Wilton Family YMCA
Date posted: January 18, 2022
Location: 300 W Hawthorne Rd, Spokane, WA 99251
with Whitworth University
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Aquatics Director
REPORTS TO: Head Aquatics Director, Steve Schadt
SALARY GRADE/HIRING RANGE: 10/$40,748 – $43,145
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt/Salary
Reporting to the Aquatics Center Director, is responsible for the promotion and teaching of community and college-credit water aerobics and paddle boarding classes, operation and management of the swim lesson program, the training, scheduling, and supervision of all aquatic center student/temporary/part time staff, and the management of all associated aquatic center budgets and programming.
- Teach 5 community water aerobics classes per week throughout the calendar year except during the weeks when the pool is closed.
- Teach a combination 7 water aerobics and/or paddle boarding courses for the Kinesiology department.
- Oversee, market, and run the full day summer swim lesson program.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise lifeguards, cashiers, swim instructors, and pool cleaning staff ensuring proper training, certification, and adherence to safety standards by these employees. Act as the health and safety coordinator of the aquatic center and manage and coordinate aquatics events, contracts, rental agreements, and calendar with the university’s conference services department and the university’s master calendar.
- Manage the facility’s operational schedule, including lifeguard and front desk staffing schedules, in cooperation with the AC Director to ensure proper coverage for individuals and groups using the pool.
- Manage the student work budget and miscellaneous salary budget lines, offering programs and setting pool hours for which lifeguard coverage can be guaranteed while staying within salary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Successful water aerobics, paddle boarding, and swim lesson teaching experience;
- Ability to train and supervise student personnel;
- Ability to manage an area budget, schedules and contracts;
- Proven ability to relate positively to a wide variety of people, including students, coaches, members of the Spokane community, and Whitworth’s faculty, administration, and staff;
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience through teaching experience and certifications.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in teaching aquatic courses/classes.
- Current certification in AEA, (Aquatics Exercise Association, Water Aerobics Instructor) or ability to obtain required certification within 90 days of hire.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives.
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.
Familiarity with Team Unify & WhenToWork Software Systems preferred. Current certifications as a Lifeguard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor is preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A background check, sexual misconduct check and confirmation of degrees and certifications earned will be required of the successful candidate. A resume, cover letter, faith statement, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) professional references will also be required. All Whitworth University employees are required to comply with the university’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Founded in 1890, Whitworth has consistently ranked among the top regional colleges and universities in the West. Whitworth University has an enrollment of more than 3,000 students and offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. With strong liberal arts undergraduate and graduate programs, Whitworth unites a robust commitment to Christian mission and service, academic rigor and care for students.
Whitworth University’s 200-acre campus of red-brick buildings and tall pines offers a beautiful, inviting and secure learning environment. More than $125 million in campus improvements have been made in recent years.
A community of committed Christian faculty and staff employees carries out the university’s mission “to provide its diverse student body an education of the mind and heart,” equipping its graduates “to honor God, follow Christ and serve humanity.”
Whitworth University provides a robust offering of benefits and services to enhance the quality of life of its faculty and staff. Employees who are eligible for benefits may participate in health plans including medical, dental and vision; a generous retirement plan (8% employer match); life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Well-being services include spiritual enrichment, the employee assistance program, and free access to the University Recreation Center and the Megan E. Thompson Aquatic Center. Free tuition for employees and tuition remission programs for spouses and dependents round out the offerings. Additionally, Whitworth employees enjoy 17 paid holidays each year.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. With our Christ-centered commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Date posted: January 18, 2022
Location: 800 East Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Charlotte, NC, USA
with ATOM - Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg
ATOM is a highly competitive club in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our vision is to create an environment where champions are inevitable. We believe that every swimmer brings value to our team. Our core values of Family, Intensity, Respect, and Empathy guide our daily practice as we strive to continue to be competitive on the local, state, sectional, and national levels. We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized full time coach. This coach must be dedicated to quality, learning, and the overall vision at ATOM. This coach will also be working directly with our Head Coach, to build continuity between our 13-14 and Senior programs.
- Run 6-10 swim workouts per week
- Attend 1-2 swim meets per month
- Oversee athlete progression in assigned practice groups
- Assist with administrative duties
- Work with entire coaching staff toward team wide goals
- Self motivated, energetic, and passionate about swimming
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Experience coaching middle and/or high school age swimmers
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Understand stroke development and training cycles for 13 & over swimmers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation dependent on experience.
Date posted: January 18, 2022
Location: 810 E Main St, Waynesboro, PA, USA
with Waynesboro Area YMCA
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Director, the Aquatics Director is responsible for creating, implementing, scheduling, and staffing aquatic & team programs. Including all lifeguard scheduling, aquatic fitness programs and swim programs and classes. Head coaching duties include developing training plans, leading practices, organizing/ attending swim meets, onboarding/ overseeing coaching staff and program sustainability are also the direct responsibility of the Aquatics Director. He/She is responsible for budget, programs, and other duties as deemed appropriate and or necessary. Must develop, organize, and implement high quality, member-focused Aquatics Department. He/She will model, practice and carry out the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of the position. This position will directly supervise part time staff including an assistant aquatics coordinator as well as swim lesson coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- One to two years related administrative experience preferred
- Competitive coaching experience required. ASCA certification preferred.
- Minimum age requirement of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30-90 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR; First Aid; AED; LGI Certification and PA Pesticides License.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Have knowledge of proper swimming skills and be able to communicate these clearly to swimmers.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules for swim classes, water fitness classes, swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Ensures first aid equipment and supplies are stocked and up to date.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Liaise with Board Of Director Committee and Swim Team Parents Association
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- Complete CPR/AED, First Aid, and Lifeguard Certification
- CPO training/ PA Pesticide license
Date posted: January 18, 2022
Location: WC55+4J Lattingtown, NY, USA
with Piping Rock Club
Piping Rock Club is seeking a SUMMER swim instructor. This person is responsible for:
- individual swimming and diving lessons
- organize and run swim and dive clinics
- provide evaluation and instruction to beginning and novice swimmers through our camp
We have an outdoor pool that is open from Memorial to Labor Day weekends. We also have a beachfront on Long Island Sound. If you are an educator, we can work around your schedule until school ends. The camp runs from June 20 through August 5th.
The schedule is primarily weekdays, but weekend days are available at your request. Additional hours can be available as a lifeguard supervisor, if you wish to fill the week.
Applicants must have a Red Cross WSI or equivalent and be able to get a Nassau County Class II lifeguard permit. Assistance will be provided for both of these. You must have knowledge of basic strokes.
Date posted: January 17, 2022
Location: 7090 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
with The Bay Club Company
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Aquatics Coordinator is a non-exempt, hourly position whose primary responsibility is to assist in the financial success of the Aquatics Program through the on-going creation and/or development of staff, programs, services and facilities. The Aquatics Coordinator will provide leadership to aquatics Associates to ensure that member needs are met and that the experience delivered surpasses expectations. The Aquatics Coordinator will be required on a daily basis to exercise discretion and independent judgment in ensuring that the Aquatics Program is successful and that the aquatics Associates are adequately developed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist with hiring, training, and supervision of the aquatics employees in accordance with company polices and directives
• Assist with performance evaluations on Associates.
• Responsible for implementation of all laws, regulations and policies regarding, employment practices, safety rules and all other company policies and procedures
• Assist in the day-to-day aquatic operations to ensure programming runs smoothly and efficiently through a visible management presence and leadership.
• The creation, development and implementation of programming for aquatics center including recreational, educational and fitness programming for all ages and abilities. Also includes responsibility for swim team, swim instruction, and swim programming.
• Develop and introduce new services and programs on an ongoing basis; track utilization including capacity/availability, male/female, member/non-member, etc.
• Aquatics operations including customer service, and communication.
• Daily walk through of the aquatics areas to ensure a clean, organized, safe, and well maintained facility, paying special attention to cleanliness, service delivery, and member interaction
Communication and Relationships
• Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with senior management, managers, other Associates, vendors, members, senior staff, and guests.
• Promote harmonious relations among members, staff, vendors, and the community at-large.
• Communicate timely and follow up, as appropriate.
• Active participation in required events, required programs, required meetings and required trainings.
Corporate Goals & Objectives
• Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Actively further Aquatics objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
• Make professional development a consistent priority.
• Active participation in meetings and training programs
• Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Swim Technique – Knowledge regarding how to teach proper swim technique and able to teach all ages
• Learn-to-swim – Current with research in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
• Policies and Regulations — Knowledge of company polices, federal, state and local laws, government regulations and agency rules that pertain to properties managed.
• Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
• Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to utilize Aquatics software programs.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCTION
• Current CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications
• Minimum of 1 year prior Aquatics management experience
• Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
• Lifeguard Instructor preferred
• Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, WSI preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position deals with outside personnel such as members and clients on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email
• It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations
• It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment
• The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors
• Work performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions
• Sitting and standing is as needed
• Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
• Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
• Must occasionally talk and hear
• Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or other Clubs on a regular basis
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
Date posted: January 17, 2022
Location: 515 East Main Street, Carmel, Indiana, USA
with Carmel Swim Academy
Purpose: Carmel Swim Club’s Aquatics Director plays a vital role in steering the organization to meet its vision to be a community club with a national presence. This position is essential to the organization’s operations and has exciting opportunities for growth with the construction of the new Carmel Swim Academy facility, which will open in Fall 2022. This individual directs Carmel Swim Club noncompetitive programs under the Carmel Swim Academy umbrella in partnership with the Senior Director to ensure the organization is fulfilling its mission to teach excellence through swimming, for life. The Aquatics Director organizes and implements a comprehensive program of activities and instructional opportunities that address a variety of aquatic interests, skills, and age groups.
The Aquatics Director will train alongside the CSA Senior Director while current programs scale up to prepare for the opening of the new Carmel Swim Academy pool this fall. The Aquatics Director position will be full-time/salaried when the new pool opens. Through the interim transition period, this position will be full-time/hourly (35-40 hours per week, paid overtime) and will have health insurance available from USA Swimming once the individual has completed the required USA Swimming training.
Responsibilities include the following, as well as additional duties the CEO or Senior Director may assign:
- PROGRAMMING: Develop, plan, implement, and promote all noncompetitive programming to be integrated into and aligned with the larger Carmel Swim Club organization alongside the CSA Senior Director. The Aquatics Director must be prepared to step into teaching, lifeguarding, or deck supervising roles to help cover shifts for staff as needed.
- SAFETY: Maintain, communicate, and ensure adherence to the operating policies and procedures, and special/emergency procedures to protect the patrons and all facilities in which CSA programs are offered.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Communicate regularly with patrons, handle patron questions and concerns, and establish positive working relationships amongst staff, customers, and general public. Work alongside the Director of Business Development and CSA Senior Director to market programs and develop new partnerships.
- STAFFING: Recruit, assign responsibilities, establish schedules, train, and evaluate performance of all personnel within noncompetitive programs and facility management. Work with and train CSA and CSC staff to ensure all certifications are current.
- SWIM MEETS: Assist in pool and timing system set up, operations, and tear-down for meets hosted at Carmel Swim Club facilities.
- FACILITIES: Work with CSA Senior Manager to establish schedules and communicate facility and program schedules to maximize the use and availability of CSA and CHS pools; coordinate pool repair and maintenance, and maintain accurate and appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- FISCAL/ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Provide input on budget preparation and management with CSA Senior Director and assist Senior Director with class scheduling on iClassPro.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of aquatic facility management, curriculum development, and related safety and medical issues through active participation in the appropriate professional organizations and ongoing training as necessary.
- Aquatic Certification to include the following:
- American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard (to include CPR, First Aid, and AED)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (or willing to obtain certification)
- Nationally Certified Pool Operator, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to address nuanced and difficult situations, such as patron complaints and disciplinary action, program funding, and personnel issues. Must develop ongoing working relationships with a variety of patrons, community agencies, and school administration.
- Minimum of two years management experience. Competitive swimming coaching, and aquatic teaching experience; a minimum of two years experience preferred.
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Google Drive, aquatics programming software – such as iClassPro – and timing system programs, such as Hy-Tek.
- Ability to:
- work in warm, humid conditions;
- be in the pool for up to 10 hours weekly;
- lift or move objects up to 50 pounds;
- work on evenings and weekends..
Date posted: January 14, 2022
Location: 1699 Deerfield Rd, Lebanon, OH, USA
with Countryside YMCA
As a COUNTRYSIDE YMCA LIFEGUARD, you are responsible for the direct supervision, control and safety of members and participants during aquatic programming, recreational and lap swimming. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Hours will vary based upon scheduling needs and coverage of pools.
Provide surveillance of guests primarily in aquatic areas and on decks
Enforce the rules and regulations of the aquatics facility
Respond to emergency situations and assist in communicating emergency situations
Maintain skills at a test-ready level
Advise aquatics management of unsafe and/or unsanitary conditions.
Perform daily routine duties and maintenance of the pool to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
Attend all required trainings as determined by management
Current YMCA or equivalent Lifeguard Certification. Additional training may be required
Demonstrated ability to provide care, sensitive consideration and efficient service to members
Background check and new-hire trainings required
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Ability to work in a humid environment and/or be immersed in water for extended periods of time
Position sometimes requires the ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs
Lifeguard: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
License: Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED (Preferred)
Benefits: This position will have access (after the required waiting period) to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and paid time off. Also provided is a free family membership to the Countryside YMCA!
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit social services organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Date posted: January 14, 2022
Location: 1699 Deerfield Rd, Lebanon, OH, USA
with Countryside YMCA
- High School Diploma
- College degree or minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Current Lifeguard certification (YMCA v6 Lifeguard)
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Oxygen certification
- Current First Aid certification
- Flexibility of schedule – position may require nights and weekends as needed to ensure adequate staffing.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills; must have a competent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database programs to track employee and program data.
- Pool chemistry certification
- Pool Chemistry Trainer Certification
- YMCA Lifeguard v6 Instructor Certification
- YMCA v6 Lifeguard Trainer Certification
- Experience marketing aquatic programs through the community
- YMCA Team Leader certification is a plus
- Interview, hire, orient, supervise and provide ongoing training for:
- Lifeguard staff of 100+
- YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant staff of 20+
- Outdoor Pool Supervisors
- Aquatic Day Camp Staff of 8+
- Aquatic Coordinators
- Community Health and Safety Instructors
- Supervise the following Aquatic Programs:
- Aquatic Day Camp
- Aquatic Specialty Programs (SCUBA, Kayak)
- Community Health and Safety Courses (CPR, First Aid, Oxygen Administration)
- YMCA Lifeguard certification courses
- YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant certification courses
- Provide annual evaluations for eligible Lifeguard, YMCA Safety Assistants, Aquatic Coordinators, and Community Health and Safety Instructors
- Maintain current certifications for all Aquatic Department staff members
- Help maintain current certifications needed for all Countryside YMCA employees required to hold certification
- Provide monthly scheduling for all Lifeguards, YMCA Safety Assistants, Outdoor Pool Supervisors, Community Health and Safety Instructors and Aquatic Day Camp staff
- Expected to fill open shifts as needed
- Provide monthly scheduling for Aquatic Coordinators
- Expected to fill open shifts as needed
- Schedule and administer monthly in-service training for all Lifeguards, YMCA Safety Assistants, Outdoor Pool Supervisors and Aquatic Coordinators
- Schedule, promote and administer YMCA Lifeguard and YMCA Safety Assistant certification courses
- Expected to instruct as needed
- Create, maintain and communicate accurate monthly pool schedules to staff and members of the YMCA.
- Serve as Race Director and Event Organizer for the annual Healthy Kids Triathlon.
- Requires occasionally and/or frequently required to be on-call during normal and non-traditional operating hours in order to provide assistance to aquatic department staff regarding pool chemistry and maintenance
- Occasional to frequent on-site help required during non-traditional scheduled hours
- Provide training for all Aquatic Coordinators in pool chemistry/maintenance and the use of Personal Protective Equipment when working with chemicals
- Maintain and adjust as needed all aspects of pool chemistry and provide maintenance for 8 different pools on site
- Complete, on time, annual shut down and cleaning of 8 different pools yearly
- Perform daily pump room readings/logs
- Work with Warren County Health Department to ensure all aquatic facilities meet with local health standards
- Order/stock supplies of chemicals needed for the Aquatic Department and for the Maintenance Department as needed
- Follow all safety and risk management procedures, reporting any safety issues to the Executive Director
- Create and maintain the YMCA of the USA Aquatic Safety Plan. The plan will be reviewed, updated and approved every 2 years per the YMCA of the USA plan cycle.
- Assist in developing and achieving successful program budgets according to guidelines set by the Board of Directors
- Work with the Marketing Department to create advertising pieces for staff recruitment and aquatic programming utilizing social media, bulletins, newsletters, and school flyers
- Order/stock first aid and blood borne pathogen supplies/equipment to every area of Countryside YMCA including satellite sites (Landen, Otterbein, Maineville, East, and Clinton Massie)
- Assist in special events as needed
- Assist in Annual Campaign fundraising activities
- Attend new staff onboarding training and complete West Bend online trainings (Sexual Harassment, Child Abuse Prevention) within 30 days of hire
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to move, lift, carry, stand, push, pull, and be mobile during work shift.
- A frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Lifting requirement of the position may be greater depending on the particular job to be performed.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat and humidity).
- This position regularly works with chemicals.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in the event of an emergency.
Date posted: January 14, 2022
Location: University of Jamestown, 6000 College Lane, Jamestown, ND, USA
with University of Jamestown
The University of Jamestown (NAIA), located in Jamestown, ND, is seeking applicants for Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach.
The selected candidate will ensure the team operates and conducts themselves within the ideals, goals, rules, and regulations set forth by University of Jamestown, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC). The successful candidate will embrace and promote the five core character values of the NAIA Champions of Character: Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Servant Leadership and Sportsmanship.
This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The successful candidate provides leadership, organization, supervision, instruction and strategic planning for the Jimmie women’s swimming team. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Fostering an atmosphere promoting academic success and personal development focused on a positive student-athlete experience
Meeting recruiting and retention goals
Establishing an effective communication plan with student-athletes
Planning a competitive schedule
Conducting practices in a safe environment
Organizing home events
Effectively managing the budget
Fundraising for additional program needs
Providing safe and efficient travel to competitions
Implementing an effective community service plan
Promoting the women’s swimming program in the community
Ordering equipment to serve the needs of the program
Maintaining an accurate inventory of uniforms and equipment
The position will also be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. This is a 10-month, full-time staff position.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and previous collegiate swimming coaching experience is preferred.
Date posted: January 13, 2022
Location: Amherst, MA, USA
with Amherst Tritons Swim Team
This position involves coaching/teaching multiple age groups and skill levels in a role as assistant coach and lead coach. As a lead coach on deck the successful candidate will be asked to plan and write practices with the guidance and support of the Head Coach. In addition, an assistant coach will be asked to attend USA swim meets (both local and out of state) or cover practices during a meet weekend.
- Lifeguard/CPR certification
- USA/ASCA certification (or willing to work towards certification)
- 3+ years of swim experience as a swimmer/coach/swim instructor.
- Experience coaching/teaching young athletes of all ages and abilities
- Full knowledge and understanding of all competitive strokes.
- Ability to plan/organize/run practices independently and as part of a coaching team.
- Availability must include afternoons, evenings and at least one weekend day.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, professionalism and organizational skills are a must!
Pay/Compensation: Competitive, based on experience.
Location: Amherst, MA
Date posted: January 12, 2022
Location: Austin, TX 78746, USA
with Whitecaps of Westlake
Position Summary: This position is an Group Lead Swim Coach under the direction of Head Swim Coach Ian Crocker in accordance with the goals and objectives of WOW. This position is a Group Lead and will also assist Head Swim Coach with all youth groups with the potential to coach Masters.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for Lead Coaches to coach our entry level level swimmers. Sessions will take place Monday through Friday at a brand new, state of the art indoor facility in the heart of West Lake Hills in Austin, TX.
As a Lead Coach, you will be expected to create and lead workouts that are age appropriate, challenging, and incorporate stroke and technique development to prepare swimmers for meets and advancement to the Senior level groups.
Lead Coaches are expected to assist with other groups practices and development at respective sessions Monday through Friday, on an as needed basis.
Lead Coaches are expected to attend meets to support the swimmers and fellow coaching staff. Duties also include regular communication/feedback to parents/swimmers regarding practices, upcoming meets, goals, fitness, etc.
Additional duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: S. diploma / GED or higher
- Experience: 4+ swim coaching experience
- Certification: Be a current coach in good standing with USA Swimming, and up to date on all CPR and SafeSport courses.
- Skills/Abilities: strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to create and maintain professional relationships, within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, athletes, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable to multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Date posted: January 12, 2022
Location: 5 Graphics Drive, Ewing Township, NJ, USA
with Schafer Sports Center
The Aquatics Director will have input into scheduling, hiring, training, and dismissal of instructors relating to the Swimming Program. Director must be organized, efficient, enthusiastic, professional, and a team player. You will work closely with the General Manager to ensure all classes are productive and all swim instructors are following the guidelines. The most important aspect is to ensure all students are learning and progressing and being taught in a manner that is developing the student’s self esteem. This position requires you to be detailed oriented and to exhibit lots and patience and understanding. This position requires that you are available to work evenings and weekends since the bulk of our programs take place when children are out of school.
Date posted: January 12, 2022
Location: 1976 Texan Drive, Justin, TX, USA
with Lakeside Aquatic Club
1976 Texan Drive, Justin TX
Lakeside Aquatic Club
Listed August 16, 2021
Lakeside Aquatic Club is a coach directed, board support, nationally competitive swim team with 5 different locations and over 1000 swimmers on the competitive, stroke, and lesson programs. Our 30-year tradition of excellence in USA Swimming, is highlighted by our multi-year Bronze Medal Team and top 20 Virtual Club Championship finish. Our team is focused on developing high level senior swimmers through a quality age group program, focused on technique and aerobic development. LAC strives to continue to build on our tradition of being a top age group and senior program in the state of Texas. Over the last 6 years, our team has finished in the top 5 at our Short Course and Long Course Texas Age Group Championships (TAGS)!
We are seeking an enthusiastic and patient lessons coordinator to oversee the swim lessons program and manage all instructors at your location. This candidate will ensure all lessons are executed safely and within the established guidelines.
Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the LAC curriculum.
Recruit, train, evaluate and supervise all swim lesson instructors.
Create, manage, and implement swim lessons schedules as well as instructors’ schedules.
Review and submit payroll bi-weekly.
Communicate regularly with parents and guardians of lesson participants.
Work with Site Supervisor to ensure proper scheduling and compliance.
Track and organize lesson participant report cards for each session.
Prepare, complete meet entries and coach stroke meets.
- Bachelor Degree (preferred).
- Three years of coaching experience (preferred).
- Must be able to accommodate a variable work schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, and some weekends.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and CPR/AED for Lifeguards certifications.
- Energetic, patient and can manage a staff of 10-15 instructors.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet navigation, and Microsoft Office software.
To find out more about the program , please visit www.swimlac.org
Starting Pay $42,000-$50,000 annually. Relocation services available.