******************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**********************
The Multnomah Athletic Club is currently looking to fill the position of a Aquatics Manager. The MAC is a private members-only Athletic Club located in downtown Portland, Oregon and recently celebrated its 125th year. The MAC swim team is a USA Swimming level 4, Bronze medal club (2013) with approximately 130 swimmers actively participating.
The Aquatics Manager supervises all aspects of the Aquatics department’s safe and award-winning operations, facilities and athletic excellence with its nationally recognized competitive aquatics programs (synchro, swimming, etc.). Directly supervises the Aquatics Supervisor, Head Swim Coach, Head Synchronized Swim Coach, Water Fitness Supervisor and Water Polo Coach. Hires, supervises, coaches, motivates, develops, and trains all head coaches and supervisors. Enthusiastically provides an inviting, fun and clean aquatics office and pool decks, while providing friendly and professional administrative support to aquatics staff and committees. Attends synchronized swimming, swimming, water fitness and water volleyball committee meetings. Develops and manages aquatics department budget. Establishes and achieves an annual action plan to assist in meeting Athletic Department strategic goals. Develops orientation and training programs for department staff & evaluates and monitors staff performance. Develops new aquatics facilities and programs or recommends changes to existing programs to improve member satisfaction. Approves all pool use and proactively communicates schedules and sets, manages and maintains and communicates all pool schedules and one-off schedule changes. Works with Facilities Department to coordinate maintenance and regular upkeep of the pool systems and cleanliness.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Health, Business, Recreation, Physical Education or a related field or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Competitive coaching experience or supervision of competitive coaches at the club, high school or collegiate level preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) required or must be obtained within first year of employment.
- Current ARC CPR Pro and lifeguarding certifications required or must be obtained within first three months.
- Lifeguard Instructor certified; may be obtained within first year of employment.
- Demonstrated aquatics facility management experience with broad programming background to include all age levels (youth through senior), 5 years of experience in a comparable position preferred.
- Must have demonstrated excellence in effective planning, budgeting, organizational, supervisory, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Free parking
- Facility use and discounted services and meals throughout club
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume (without photographs) to [email protected]
Multnomah Athletic Club
Attn: Human Resources
1849 SW Salmon Street
Portland, OR 97205