Caeleb Dressel concerned me a little on the run-up to U.S. International Team Trials in Greensboro. I know the season was short, but he wasn’t swimming that fast. Still, I predicted solid swims, assuming the 7-time Olympic gold medalist knew what he was doing.
My predictions ahead of U.S Trials:
- 100 fly Prediction – 50.2 – (Dressel final results 50.20)
- 50 free Prediction – 21.3 – (Dressel final results 21.29)
- 100 free Prediction – 47.62 – (Dressel final results 47.79)
- 200 free Prediction – 1:45.8 – (Dressel final results – 0, push, a no-show, breaking my heart!)
- *50 fly? I didn’t make a prediction, but most commenters said 22.6-8. (Dressel final results 22.84.)
At Trials I sat with the Dressel family for a few sessions. They’re fun. Mom cheers like it’s a football game. While I was a little nervous for Caeleb, they were completely chill. It seems they knew he would deliver in Greensboro. That experience makes me a little more bullish about World Champs.
See my Caeleb Dressel 2022 World Championship Predictions:
- 50 free – 21.09 – gold
- 100 free – 47.11 – gold
- 100 fly – 49.44 – for a new world record and the gold
- 50 fly – 22.3 – gold
- 4×100 free – gold
- 4×100 medley – gold
- 4×100 mixed medley – gold (for some redemption)
- 4×100 mixed free – silver
- 4×200 free? Nope. I’ve lost all hope for Dressel swimming this.
So, I’m saying 7 gold medals. But who cares what I think. It’s all about what you think. Drop your comments below.
Follow Gold Medal Mel on Instagram here.
RECENT SWIMSWAM VIDEOS
Opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the interviewed guests do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs, and viewpoints of the hosts, SwimSwam Partners, LLC and/or SwimSwam advertising partners.