The SwimSwam Pick ‘Em Contest is back, and after a small beta test at the Santa Clara Grand Prix, we’re ready to roll on the technical side by integrating SurveyMonkey into the contest. That means no lost results, faster scoring, and bigger prizes.
Nike is sponsoring this year’s World Championship Trials coverage and therefore were the ones challenged to come up with the prizes, and they went big. Really, really big.
Where to Play
The direct link to the Contest is here, and it’s also linked on the side bar at right.
Each daily winner will receive a pair of Nike Remora Goggles, a Nike 80/20 Recycled Swim Cap, and a Nike Swim Sweatshirt.
The overall grand prize winner will receive a Nike Flex LT high-performance race suit, a Nike Swift Dome Cap, Nike Resolute Max goggles, a Nike Swim sweatshirt, and a Nike watch. Adding that up, you’d be running somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 to buy that package yourself.
We’re tweaking the scoring system ever-so-slightly. Picks will go to 4th place instead of 3rd place, with the new point totals that will reward picking darkhorses. Note that “Other” encompasses anybody who wasn’t seeded in the top 12 coming into the meet. We’ve also tweaked the scoring to recognize that picking an event champion isn’t necessarily the hardest thing to do, rather picking 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are equally, if not moreso, as challenging in many events:
- 1st – 3 points
- 2nd – 4 points
- 3rd – 3 points
- 4th – 2 points
- Correctly Picking “Other” in correct spot – 3 bonus points, plus earned points
- Successfully predicting a swimmer in the top 4, but in the wrong spot – 1 bonus point
All ties will be broken by the following order:
- Who had the most 1st place picks correct
- Who had the most 2nd place picks correct
- Who had the most 3rd place picks correct
- Who had the most 4th place picks correct
- Who has the highest overall score (if tie is for a daily prize)
- Drawing of lots
Before entering, please read the official rules here.