2016 U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS
- Sunday June 26th-Sunday July 3rd, 2016
- Century Link Center – Omaha, Nebraska
- Friday-Sunday – Prelims – 11:00 am EDT Finals – 7:45 pm EDT
- SwimSwam Preview Links & Schedule
- NBC Televison Coverage Schedule
- Psych Sheets
- Thursday heat sheets
- Live results
Dynamo’s Michael Taylor swam 1:56.78 in the semifinals of the men’s 200 back tonight to take down the Junior World Record set by Li Zhuhao at the 2015 FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia last summer.
His splits from today’s record-breaking swim are below:
- 29.66 (57.25)
- 28.44 (59.53)
His swim tonight also places him fifth in the all-time American rankings, behind only the likes of Aaron Peirsol, Michael Phelps, Jack Conger, and Ryan Murphy. The all-time American 17-18 rankings are below:
- Aaron Peirsol: 1:55.15 (2002)
- Michael Phelps: 1:55.30 (2004)
- Jack Conger: 1:55.47 (2013)
- Ryan Murphy: 1:55.87 (2013)
- Michael Taylor: 1:56.78 (2016)
Taylor came up fifth in the semifinals, scoring the seventeen-year-old a slot in the final tomorrow night. He will take on the final against Murphy (1:55.04), Jacob Pebley (1:55.18), Tyler Clary (1:55.92), Sean Lehane (1:56.43), Austin Katz (1:57.79), Robert Owen (1:57.79), and Hennessey Stuart (1:58.20).
Earlier this week in prelims, Taylor swam the second-fastest American 17-18 100 backstroke with 53.77.
See the full results of the men’s 200 backstroke semifinals here.