2016 U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS
- Sunday June 26th-Sunday July 3rd, 2016
- Century Link Center – Omaha, Nebraska
- Friday-Sunday – Prelims – 11:00 am EDT Finals – 7:45 pm EDT
- SwimSwam Preview Links & Schedule
- NBC Televison Coverage Schedule
- Psych Sheets
- Monday heat sheets
- Live results
Michael Taylor, a high school senior-to-be with the Dynamo Swim Club, has raced to the #2 time among 17-18s in U.S. history in the 100 meter backstroke on Monday morning.
His 53.77 in prelims sits behind only Ryan Murphy’s 53.38 from 2013 – and Taylor is still only 17 and will have a whole summer of long course to go after Murphy’s National Age Group Record.
Top 5 all-time among American 17-18s in 100 back:
- Ryan Murphy, 53.38, 2013
- Michael Taylor, 53.77, 2016
- Jack Conger, 54.04, 2013
- Aaron Peirsol, 54.47, 2002
- Jacob Pebley, 54.49, 2009
That is, after this meet, at which he’s still got at least one more swim as the 3rd qualifier into the final behind David Plummer (53.22) and Jacob Pebley (53.48), and one spot ahead of the aforementioned Murphy (53.84)
Murphy won the slowest of the 3 circle-seeded heats and is considered a lead contender to make the Olympic Team in both the 100 and 200 backstrokes.
This is another highlight early this week for the Dynamo Swim Club and their alumni. Jay Litherland ran down defending Olympic champion Ryan Lochte on Sunday evening to grab the 2nd spot (still unofficially) on the Olympic Team in the 400 IM.