Hungry Swimmer posts are courtesy of Hannah Moore.
Okay hear me out, don’t get discouraged by the title. This stuff is one of the quickest healthy desserts you can make. I think “healthier desserts” is one of the most fun categories to experiment with, especially as a swimmer. Obviously any dessert can fit into a well-balanced lifestyle, but sometimes leading into ~taper~ we want a lighter option…am I right?
This chickpea cookie dough (dessert hummus?) is quick and simple, and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now. And it tastes AMAZING. I made plain chocolate chip, but you can also add cacao!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts (or cashews work nicely)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (or honey…whatever sweetener you like!)
- 3 tablespoons of flour (your choice, I used coconut)
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS (as many as you want aka ALL THE CHIPS)
Here’s how to do it:
- Blend everything in a food processor or blender (minus the chocolate chips) until smooth!
- Fold those chocolate chips in before eating all of it.
Why we like it:
- TAHINI! – This is ground sesame seeds, and OH so healthy! It’s a staple in some european countries, and obviously used to make hummus! It’s full of polyphenol antioxidants that can protect your heart and fight inflammation. It’s also a nice source of calcium and magnesium, which are both majorly used by the muscles.
- Chickpeas – These are a great source of plant protein and fiber – which is great for your gut microbiome. They also contain Vitamin B6, which is essential for progesterone production in females. This is great for hormone support!