2017 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 15 – Saturday, March 18
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Georgia (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Event Previews
- Live Stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Live Results
The women of Stanford are two-for-two with American record swims. This morning, Simone Manuel, Lia Neal, Janet Hu, and Ally Howe put together a 1:26.15 to outswim the record by .05 to add another big swim to their 800 free relay mark last night. This morning’s swim was also an NCAA, Championship, and U.S. Open Record.
You can see their splits below:
The swim outdid second-fastest Cal’s Farida Osman, Amy Bilquist, Valerie Hull, and Kristen Vredeveld by over half a second (1:26.67). However, Cal hasn’t pulled out all the stops yet. They have 6 swimmers who have split 21 before this meet, so they are likely going to mix up their relay before tonight. We still haven’t seen Abbey Weitzeil in action, so tonight could still be a tight race between the two teams out of California.