This week on the SwimSwam Breakdown, we discuss Katie Ledecky‘s 1500 free (SCM) world record, the upcoming Texas-Virginia dual meet, and Adam Peaty‘s new-found motivation. See full list of topics below:
- 0:00 SwimSwam Breakdown Introduction
- 2:48 Katie Ledecky‘s 1500 Free World Record – What does this mean for Katie Ledecky and the record books moving forward?
- 7:00 Do Summer McIntosh and Katie Ledecky‘s
- 3:52 400 Free swims change your perspective on Li Bingjie‘s
- 3:51 world record?
- 13:06 Why is it problematic that the Texas-Virginia swim meet does NOT have a live stream?
- 21:52 How will swimming be affected if the NCAA adopts a “No volunteer coaches” policy?
SINK or SWIM
- 30:07 Will Adam Peaty win gold in the 50 & 100 Breast at the world champs in Fukuoka?
- 35:55 Will Ruta Meilutyte show up in Melbourne at the SC World Champs?
- 37:59 Will we see a head-to-head-to-head 100 free showdown in Fukuoka between Popovici, Chalmers, and Dressel?
- 40:32 Will Michigan State Swimming and Diving actually get reinstated?
- 43:57 Will Katie Grimes or Alexa Reyna break the World Jr Record in Indy?