CHINESE SWIMMING MEET – ZHAOQING
- Friday, March 5th – Sunday, March 7th
- Zhaoqing, China
- LCM (50m)
- Day 1 Recap
- Results via Asian Media
For instance, the women’s 100m fly saw yesterday’s two-time gold medalist Zhang Yufei post a speedy mark of 56.40 to take the competition title. That beat out the rest of the field by over two seconds, with the next-closest racer represented by Yu Yiting and her runner-up effort of 58.81.
Zhang already owns the fastest time in the world in this women’s 1fly event, having posted a mark of 55.62 last September at the Chinese National Swimming Championships.
Ji Xinjie topped the men’s 200m free field tonight, hitting the only time under 1:47 with a gold medal-worthy 1:46.94. That’s good enough to enter the men’s world rankings for the season, bumping American Andrew Seliskar out of the 10th spot.
- Sun Jiajun stopped the clock in a time of 51.85 to take the men’s 100m fly title.
- The men’s 200m breast saw Qin Haiyang get to the wall first in 2:09.95. Yesterday’s 100m breast victor, Yan Zibei, snagged silver tonight in 2:10.39.
- It was Peng Xuwei who claimed victory in the women’s 100m backstroke, collecting the only sub-minute time of the field. She touched in 59.82, with Wang Xueer the next-closest finisher in 1:00.39.
- The men’s 100m back saw Wang Guanbin produce a winning effort of 54.91 to top the field.