2019 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE FINALE
- Friday, December 20 – Saturday, December 21, 2019
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM Local Time (U.S. Pacific Time)
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino – Las Vegas, NV
- Short Course Meters (SCM) format
- Top 4 qualifying franchises: Energy Standard, London Roar, LA Current, Cali Condors
- Live Stream (ESPN3)
- Day 1 complete results
Reported by Anne Lepesant/Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 50 BREAST
- Nic Fink – CAC – 25.75
- Adam Peaty – LON – 25.88
- Ilya Shymanovich – ENS – 25.92
- Felipe Lima – LAC – 26.10
- Kirill Prigoda – LON – 26.14
- Will Licon – LAC – 26.59
- Caeleb Dressel – CAC – 26.89
- Anton Chupkov – ENS – 26.91
The Cali Condors made it 4-for-4 for the day as Nic Fink upset Adam Peaty in the 50 breast with 25.75. London Roar’s Peaty took second in 25.88, coming to the wall just ahead of Energy Standard’s Ilya Shymanovich. Fink led from the outset and Peaty’s last-minute surge fell just short.
Condors are now 4-for-4 with event wins, yet they seem to resemble a surface-level winning streak with their #2 swimmers fading to the bottom 4 places. In this race, Condor Nic Fink pulled a thrilling upset to earn his first ISL win against London Roar and Olympic champ Adam Peaty. While Condor Dressel took 7th, the Condors and the Roar both scored 11 points in the event. Energy Standard did take a major hit as breaststroke-stud Chupkov could only manage 8th (yet Shymanovich took 3rd).