2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 11
- Wednesday, September 29 – Thursday, September 30
- 7:00 am – 9:00 Am EST (1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: DC Trident, Team Iron, Tokyo Frog Kings, New York Breakers
- Omega Live Results
- Day 1 Live Recap
Tokyo Frog Kings swimmer Yasuhiro Koseki broke the Asian Record in the men’s 50 breaststroke on Wednesday morning on day 1 of the ISL’s “Play-In Match.”
The Japanese national won the race in 26.01, Jackpotting points from two swimmers for a 12-point victory – a crucial victory for the Frog Kings as they battle with Iron for a top 2 finish. That time shaved .01 seconds off Koseki’s own record from the 2018 Japanese World Championship Trials.
That means his swim is also the new Japanese Record.
Koseki is also the Japanese Record holder in the 100 breast in short course, having been 56.11 twice.
Tokyo head coach Dave Salo joked afterward that “we’re not sure where it comes from, he hardly touches the water.”
His swim kept the Frog Kings in contact with Iron for the 2nd position in the meet, though without either ‘skins’ choice, Tokyo is in trouble heading into day 2. The top 2 teams here will advance to Eindhoven for the Playoff matches in November.
Team Scoring After Day 1, Match #11 (Play-In Match)
- DC Trident – 277
- Iron – 226.5
- Tokyo Frog Kings – 214.5
- New York Breakers – 193