2021 U.S. OLYMPIC SWIMMING TRIALS
- Wave I Dates: June 4-7, 2021
- Wave II Dates: June 13-20, 2021
- Prelims: 10am CDT | Finals: 7pm CDT (8PM finals on Friday & Saturday)
- Where: CHI Health Center / Omaha, Nebraska
- 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Cuts
- Wave I & II Event Order
- LCM (50m)
- Day 8 Finals Live Stream (NBC)
- Psych Sheets
- Wave II Live Results
- Day 8 Finals Heat Sheet
Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 50 FREE FINAL
- World Record: Sarah Sjostrom (SWE) – 23.67 (2017)
- American Record: Simone Manuel – 23.97 (2017)
- US Open Record: Simone Manuel (USA) – 24.10 (2018)
- World Junior Record: Claire Curzan (USA) – 24.17 (2021)
- 2016 Olympic Champion: Pernille Blume (DEN) – 24.07
- 2016 US Olympic Trials Champion: Abbey Weitzeil – 24.28
- Wave I Cut: 25.99
- Wave II Cut: 25.65
- FINA ‘A’ Cut: 24.77
Simone Manuel has always thrived under pressure, and she delivered in spades in tonight’s women’s 50 free final.
Manuel, 24, edged out a tightly-bunched field at the finishing wall in a time of 24.29, qualifying her for the U.S. Olympic team after missing the 100 free final.
Manuel’s time is her fastest since the 2019 World Championships, where she was the gold medalist in a time of 24.05.