Applications due 07/03/18
Location: 1603 22nd Street, Anacortes, WA, USA
Thunderbird Athletic Club (“TAC”) has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic, highly-skilled and energetic Head Coach.
Title: TAC Head Coach
Reports To: Fidalgo Pool & Fitness Center (“FPFC”) Executive Director
Position Status: Full-time – Exempt
We are located in Anacortes, WA, a city of 16,000 situated on Fidalgo Island, which is connected to the mainland via state highway. We offer scenic views, a pristine environment, great schools, over fifty miles of maintained forest trails, fishing, kayaking, and whale watching, as well as easy proximity to a variety of cultural destinations—Seattle is ninety minutes to the south; Vancouver, BC a similar distance to the north. We are the terminus for the San Juan ferry system year-around and the Victoria ferry in the summer. Our summers: 75 degrees, no humidity, no bugs. Our winters: mid-40s, traces of snow, with sun breaks. Average annual rainfall is 26 inches. Put simply, Anacortes is a beautiful spot to lay down roots.
Please check out these links for additional information on Anacortes:
Info on Anacortes Schools:
Info on Fidalgo Pool & Fitness Center:
TAC is seeking a dynamic, motivated, highly-skilled Head Coach for its year-around competitive swim program.
We are seeking an ASCA level 3 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim team, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. TAC is a USA swimming affiliated team with a 40-year history. We currently have 120 swimmers in five progressive training groups: Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Senior A/B that train year-around with a staff of four certified coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a fun team atmosphere where swimmers of similar ability and commitment practice together—utilizing both pool and dry-land conditioning–and TEAM is emphasized in a competitive setting.
TAC has swimmers from beginning age groups to ranked athletes and relays. Many of our graduates have gone onto successful intercollegiate careers at top-ranked universities. TAC is a nonprofit 501(c) organization under the direction of a volunteer parent-run Board of Directors elected annually by membership.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes and encourages discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Develop and maintain plans for the progression of our age-group program, utilizing innovative techniques that drive success, improvement and promotion.
- Develop and implement team and individual goals with the swimmers and the Board of Directors, monitoring the progress of these athletes and team relative to these goals.
- Design appropriate swimming and dryland curricula for all TAC roster levels to promote stroke development and physical conditioning, relative to maturity levels, while maintaining an appropriate level of challenge necessary to produce improvement in speed, fitness and progression to the next team roster level.
- Provide social/emotional support for athletes and differentiated programming to meet each athlete’s needs.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff and the Board.
- Effectively supervise and delegate responsibilities to assistant coaches—practices and meets.
- Through Team Unify software applications, ensure that club fees are collected on a timely and accurate basis from all enrolled swimmers and their families.
- Practice continuous improvement and professional development.
- Oversee all aspects of daily club operation in support of swimmers, membership and team mission and values. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Prepare and present monthly Coaching report at Board meetings.
- Conduct frequent staff meetings with assistant coaches.
- Communicate with other teams and with PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Work collaboratively with the aquatics director re: pool scheduling.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance, etc.
- Act as a TAC ambassador, actively promoting the program to all concerned.
- Update and maintain TAC policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and dress.
- Facilitate and participate in club fundraisers.
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification.
- ASCA level 3 but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- High-level swimming experience at the club and collegiate level.
- Experienced with Team Unify.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience with an annual range of $42,000-$50,000. Full health benefits. Participation in state-administered PERS retirement system.
HOW TO APPLY
Position is open until filled. For priority consideration, submit materials by July 2, 2018. All application materials should be sent to FPFC Executive Director Mitch Everton at [email protected]
A complete application consists of:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Statement describing applicant’s coaching philosophy.
- Current resume.
- List of three current references, with contact information.
- Salary expectations.
How to Apply
Email material to [email protected]
1603 22nd street, Anacortes WA, 98221