This position reports to the SCLSC Board of Directors and the Sports Performance Committee. This position directs and coordinates SCLSC activities directly related to the growth and performance of SCS; SCS member clubs; and SCS athletes. Primary activities of the Sport Performance Director (SPD) shall relate directly to USA Swimming’s three core objectives: Build the Base; Promote the Sport; Achieve Sustained Competitive Excellence.
Core Activities Include:
- Club and Coach consultant including regular “in the field” contact with Coaches; Athletes and Volunteers
- Develop SCS Sport Performance goals and objectives as leader of the Sports Performance Committee
- Implement, coordinate and evaluate LSC performance related programs, services, education and communications
- Positively represent and promote SCS, and SCS athletes, coaches and volunteers as a professional “face” of the LSC
- Help facilitate effective LSC and Club governance; Guide and enhance LSC and club strategic planning
- Promote SCS achievement to enhance visibility and assist with marketing the sport
- Advance educational opportunities for SCS athletes, coaches, parents and volunteers
- Serve as a resource to inspire and empower high performance at every level of SCS
- Proficient in: computer skills; Power Point, Excel, Video analysis, various databases, etc.; electronic and social media.
- Possess strong organization, communication, and presentation skills
- Disciplined, goal oriented self-starter who can work effectively and independently to accomplish designated tasks and roles
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies within, and outside the LSC
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming Non-Athlete member in good standing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field/s. Masters or equivalent career experience preferred.
- Minimum ten years of experience in club coaching; minimum five years USA/YMCA head coach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in swim club operations, administration, and governance; Familiar with LSC Boards and Governance
- Understanding of USA Swimming’s structure, role, goals and objectives, and resources
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally as necessary. Committed to work evenings, weekends, and flexible hours as needs dictate.
Compensation: Salary range of $55K and up commensurate with professional qualifications, experience and record of achievement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please direct your resume and questions to the SCS Sports Performance Committee c/o Jon Mengering, email@example.com or (301) 442-7859.