Location: Atascocita, TX, USA
with EAGLE SWIMMING ASSOCIATION
• ASCA Level III or above.
• Must have (or obtain prior to being in deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
• Must submit to & pass a background check
• Minimum of 10 yrs. coaching experience
• Passionate about swimming & working with kids
• Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
• Must possess / be able to demonstrate:
o leadership skills,
o Decision making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
o Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
o & be willing to follow directives from board / owner.
• Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
• Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
• Must have working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek – TM & MM.
• Responsible management of team funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for developing our Jr & Sr group program swimmers (ages 11-18 – A swimmers & above) to be ready to compete at the State, Sectional, National & Collegiate levels
o Develop and maintain season and quadrennial plans for the Sr Group that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
o Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
• Responsible for attending important Gulf Meetings such as House of Delegates, Board of Directors and Technical Planning meetings and sharing the information on how it impacts ESA.
• Schedule pool time, practices, meets
o Set the next month’s pool rental schedule with the school district liaison by the 15th of each month
o Set up long course pool time during the summer months
• Hire, train, and maintain staff
• Develop contracts for staff
• Responsible for strategic planning such as managing group size, staffing, and determining whether changes need to be implemented for the best of ESA.
• Invoice meet entry fees monthly on Team Unify
• Maintain Team records
• Help maintain ESA equipment
• Send a weekly email with a schedule and events to the senior group.
• Send a monthly newsletter to team with a schedule and events.
• Assist & Mentor Head Age Group Coach as needed.
• Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
o Attend daily practice Monday – Saturday for Jr & Sr groups, as well as attend meets as scheduled / needed.
o Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
o Teaching/training groups of swimmers between the ages of 11-18 (A swimmers & High school aged athletes).
o Give instruction and feedback on training & technique
o Communicate with parents and swimmers; meet information, results, and feedback.
o Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
o Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
o Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
o Provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
• In charge of:
o Setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
o Staffing and staff schedules
o Meet entries
o Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
o Team / organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
• Plan & Manage Senior Travel trips
• Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
• Run monthly meetings with Staff (and ownership).
• Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
Location: Santa Cruz, CA, USA
with University of California, Santa Cruz
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim and Dive Coach
Office of Physical Education, Recreation and Sports (OPERS)
JOB #: 1808075
Full Time; Contract – By Agreement (BYA)
Starting Salary: $2,610.00 monthly
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
In partnership with head coach, the assistant coach helps develop strategies for developing and maintaining large and or highly visible intercollegiate sports programs. Responsible for overseeing specific aspects of the sports program including, but not limited to, individual player development, teaching position skill-work, planning and execution of practice and games, opponent scouts/film breakdown, on and off-campus recruiting, conditioning programs, fundraising events, and various administrative duties for team travel.
Must be attentive to detail; keep accurate records; and possess an ability to work with a diverse constituency, including but not limited to students, parents, coaches, faculty, staff administrators, prospective students, and other outside contacts. Must foster an environment of NCAA compliance. May provide guidance to other personnel. Assumes head coach responsibilities as needed. Additionally staff are expected to embrace the NCAA DIII philosophy and UCSC Principles of Community. The Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Coach. Work schedule often includes: evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At UC Santa Cruz, we strive to enrich the total educational experience by promoting physical activity, encouraging health and wellness, building community, and cultivating leadership. Through our diverse offerings in athletics, classes, workshops, outdoor adventure trips, intramural sports leagues, tournaments, clubs, drop-in activities, and recreational facilities, we strive to provide opportunities for UCSC students, staff and faculty, retirees, alumni, and local community members to participate. As one of the largest student employers on campus, we also have many work-study and non-work student jobs in our facilities and programs. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of professional programs and physical activities that promote and enhance community, learning, leadership, lifelong wellness, and academic success.
Some special conditions include:
Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal history background check
Possess CPR/AED/First Aid certification or have the ability to obtain it within 60-calendar days of hire.
Needs to maintain NCAA certified recruiter status.
Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Possess a valid license to drive in the State of California and be able to participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pull notice program.
Will be required to complete Title IX (Sexual Harassment) training within one month of hire.
Will be required to complete Title IX (Sexual Harassment) training every two years.
Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with athletic participants.
Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing and for live media presentations.
Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity, as well as basic technical expertise in coaching principles.
Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 07/22/18
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
Location: Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
duskii is one of Australia’s leading swimwear labels and we are seeking an experienced Sales Agent to represent our brand and drive sales throughout the USA. We are seeking a dedicated, experienced and passionate agent.
Whether it’s on the sand, in the surf or by the resort pool, duskii wants all women to feel gorgeous, feminine and beautiful.
Crafting products of the highest quality is a key pillar within duskii. Fabrics and materials are sourced worldwide for their durability and resilience, as well as their sumptuous and opulent feel.
duskii’s design team develop unique and stunning custom prints which complement simple silhouettes and block colours, all enhancing the beautiful female form. Subtle yet striking details including gold accents, feminine frills complete maximum coverage suits as well as cheeky cut options and everything in between. Our collections provide options to mix and match pieces to ensure you feel confident and glamorous by the pool and on the beach.
In 2017 duskii launched it’s first duskii girl collection for ages 8-14. Giving beach loving girls the opportunity to wear gorgeous pieces all about encouraging playfulness, adventure and the freedom to be themselves.
-Highly motivated, passionate, excellent time management and communication skills
-Seeking commission based agents, however happy to negotiate for the right candidates based on experience
If you think you have what it takes to represent our brand we’d love to hear from you!
Location: 4650 Bissonnet St, Bellaire, TX 77401, USA
with Episcopal High School
Episcopal High School in Houston, Texas is looking for an assistant coach for the Swimming & Diving program. The ideal candidate will have coaching experience at the high-school or club level or collegiate swimming experience. The assistant coach will work with the head coach in all aspects of the program, including practice planning, recruitment, and administrative responsibilities as assigned. Full-time Teaching opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Location: Conway, AR, USA
with Hendrix College
Hendrix College invites applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach, a full-time 10-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics. The College seeks an individual to lead its up and coming swimming program that will work cooperatively with students, faculty and staff across the Hendrix Community to advance excellence. The Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach will work with the Director of Athletics, Recreation & Wellness to support the overall mission and vision of Hendrix College.
The head coach will be responsible for all facets of the swimming program. The primary emphasis for the position is the recruitment and retention of qualified student –athletes, and the administration of a competitive NCAA Division III baseball program.
Hendrix College is located in Conway, Arkansas and is a member of the NCAA Division III and of the Southern Athletic Association (SAA).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has swimming and or coaching experience at the intercollegiate level and who can demonstrate a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes who fit the academic profile of the student body
- The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other members of the College community.
- The successful applicant will be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and role of intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of the student –athletes.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Shawn Goicoechea, Assistant Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1415 [email protected]
Julie Brown, Director of Academic Success and Section 504 Coordinator, [email protected] (not for applications), 501-505-2954
Location: Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
with James Madison University
James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach to work within a highly competitive program. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Women’s Swim Coach include but are not limited to: Coaching, practice/season planning, recruiting, athlete development, team travel (lodging, meal, transportation, etc.), equipment/apparel ordering and organizing, meet entries and compliance with NCAA, CAA and JMU regulations.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates should preferably have previous coaching/playing experience and the ability to recruit high level student-athletes at the Division I level. Qualified candidates will possess the skills to balance and multi-task at a highly successful and efficient level all administrative tasks in conjunction with coaching and recruiting roles. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills and will possess initiative, leadership and ability to creatively think outside the box for the betterment of the program.
The successful candidate must also possess the drive to be open minded in their professional growth and learning while balancing the confidence and knowledge to contribute ideas, opinion and thoughts on improving the team in all facets. The successful candidate will also be eager to learn and understand the culture, vibe and energy that creates James Madison University and be able to articulate, recruit and thrive within its unique, supportive and outstanding environment. The successful candidate will lead and assist swimmers and divers in their academic, athletic and social pursuits ultimately preparing the young women for their future professional and personal lives.
To apply go to http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/3792 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1169. Salary is commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
Location: Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, USA
with Brooklyn Stingrays Swim Club (BKR-MR)
The Brooklyn Stingrays Swim Club (Brooklyn, NY) has openings for age group coaches starting in September 2018. These coaches will be working in our growing age group division and will be leading groups of both novice and experienced swimmers. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers that can work within our team coaching philosophy of “any stroke, any distance, anytime”. We are technique focused and lead swimmers to compete in all strokes. Salary will be dependent on experience, teaching ability, and ability to think creatively to make the swimming experience fun and engaging.
You will work closely with the head coach to develop and implement training programs for the group(s) you lead. Our team is built on friendship and team spirit, leading to highly competitive results, and we are looking for coaches who want to be part of this type of culture.
Location: Cullman, AL, USA
with Cullman Swim Association
Cullman Swim Association is seeking an energetic coach to work with our developmental, age group and senior swimmers. Applicant will work closely with Head and Age Group coach and co-facilitate 1-2 additional groups.
Our program trains out of the beautiful 25 yard facility located Cullman, Alabama. We are a building program of roughly 65+ swimmers. Interested candidates should have a passion for the sport, experience with competitive swimming and coaching, excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow as a coach and professional. Applicants must have or a willingness to achieve USA Swimming certifications. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic reliable individual who can not only lead the swimmers but also work well with others. Great organizational skills and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coaching all levels of age group swimmers with a focus on technique and development
* Work with Head Coach to create and implement season plans, prepare meet and practice schedules, and schedule tryouts and substitute coaches
* Attend swim meets
* Knowledge on running TeamUnify and Meet Manager.
* Communicate consistently and effectively with team membership and other team administrative duties
* Office hours
We offer a highly competitive compensation based on qualifications, availability and commitment level. There are also other sources of income available through lessons, summer swim team, etc.
Location: New Orleans, LA, USA
with Tulane University
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages all aspects of the women’s swimming and diving program.
- Provides leadership, organization and supervision for all aspects of the women’s swimming and diving program. Assists with schedule development for the women’s swimming and diving program. Supervises student-athletes during practices and games, observing and evaluating performance and demonstrating proper techniques. Monitors the academic performance of student-athletes in conjunction with the academic services staff. (40%)
- Evaluates and recruits prospective student-athletes. (20%)
- Manages the women’s swimming and diving program within the parameters of the approved operating budget. (15%)
- Assists with Green Wave Club fundraising efforts as necessary. Assists with marketing and promotion activities for the women’s swimming and diving program. Represents the university and the women’s swimming and diving program at professional meetings, alumni events, booster club meetings, and other events as necessary. (10%)
- Assists in directing or directs sport camps as requested or required. (5%)
- NCAA Related: Ensures that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations. Seeks interpretations from the compliance staff before acting when necessary. Reports potential rules violations immediately. Completes required compliance paperwork in a timely and efficient manner. Monitors all of their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate AD. (5%)
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ coaching experience or High School diploma/equivalent and 11 years’ coaching experience
- Expertise in the technical aspects of swimming and diving
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with coaches, administrators, student athletes and vendors
- Extremely organized, self-starter, intrinsically motivated
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to prioritize assignments and met deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and social media
- Availability to work flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
- Travel with sport teams for away contests
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA and American conference rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a head coach at the NCAA Division 1 level
Location: 1325 Glenarm Pl, Denver, CO 80204, USA
with The Denver Athletic Club
Denver Athletic Club Assistant Swim Team Coach
The Denver Athletic Club Hammerheads is a year-round USA swim program with about 70 active members’ ages 5-15 years old. We offer 5 weekday practices and attend a minimum of one swim meet a month. We are seeking an energetic and knowledgeable swim team coach that can support our swim team and Head Coach.
Summary of Position: The assistant swim team coach provides leadership, motivation and instruction for all swim team participants. The assistant coach is expected to attend daily practice and the occasional weekend swim meets. The assistant coach is also responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, fun and exciting environment for the swim team participants.
1. Assist the Head Coach in creating thorough age-appropriate workouts focusing on stroke development, technique, endurance, etc.
2. Must be able to coach children ages 6 to 18 on proper swimming technique and stroke development
3. Be able to exhibit a warm and friendly demeanor when working with swim team members and other staff at the DAC
4. Assist the Head Coach in any administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet arrangements, team performance during swim meets as well as interact positively with the parents
5. Be a positive influence toward swim team members and parents at all times
- Previous swim coaching experience preferred
- Certified by USA swimming as a coaching member (or willingness to work towards certification)
- Demonstrate proficiency and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics.
- Must be 18 or older
Our swim team practices weekdays (Monday-Friday) from 4:15-7:00 PM. We would like our candidate to be available to cover a minimum of 2 hours a day. This is a part-time position starting in August.
Location: Hanover, MA 02339, USA
with Kingfish Swimming
Kingfish Swimming, a coach owned USA Swimming club based in Kingston, MA with branches in Medfield, MA and Rhode Island, is seeking an experienced & dynamic head coach for a satellite to further develop a very strong program on the South Shore.
Established in 2003, Kingfish has produced numerous individual state champions, New England Top Ten Swimmers, Sectionals, Futures, & Junior National Qualifiers. Responsibilities would include season planning (within team philosophy), overseeing assistant coaches, coaching senior group, selecting meets to enter, entering meets, etc. Essentially, you would be head coach of your location, under the direction of the head coach of Kingfish, Jay Craft.
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years experience, both in coaching and running a location. All candidates should possess a current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing, as well the required background checks. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or currently eligible to work in the U.S. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Salary is negotiable. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for at least 3 professional references by emai or mail to:
Jay Craft, Head Coach 335 Whiting St. Hanover, MA 02339
Start date is mid August and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Location: 2311 Campus Dr, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
with WILDCAT AQUATICS
NASA Wildcat Aquatics (WILD), a team made of 250 swimmers, that focuses on building great swimmers both in and out of the pool, is seeking a dedicated Assistant Coach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with young swimmers of different ages and abilities on daily basis to teach strong technical and training skills
- Work seamlessly with all other coaches to ensure all swimmers are prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Practices are held in the evenings and Saturday mornings during the school year, and morning and evening during the summer months.
- The Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Coach.
This is a salary position with benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants should have prior coaching experience or swimming experience and hold or be willing to obtain the following certifications: Safety Training for Swim Coaches, CPR and First Aid, Athlete Protection Training (as is required to obtain USA Swimming Coaching credentials)
- Successfully pass a mandatory background check
- Passion for the sport of swimming
Please submit resumes by email to Head Coach Alessio De Rosi at [email protected]
Location: 1006 Voss Rd, Houston, TX 77055, USA
with Dad's Club Swim Team
The Dad’s Club Swim Team is a USA Swimming year round team centrally located in Houston Texas and established back in 1948. We are a one site team with over 400 competitive swimmers from ages 6 -18 of varying levels.
We are currently seeking a FULL TIME coach with Age Group Coaching experience.
Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience, be well-organized, energetic with a great understanding of swimmer development and stroke technique, a “self-starter” with a strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate must also be a team player who is able to work with other coaches in a leadership and assistant capacity.
Responsibilities will include lead and assist different training groups during practice and swim meets, create a season training plan, complete meet entries, attend pertinent meetings, maintain weekday office hours. Administrative responsibilities will include communicating with parents, complete monthly meet write-ups and assignments.
Hours are Monday-Friday from 1-7:30pm (morning and afternoon practices during summer months) and an average of 1-2 swim meets a month. The coach is also required to be present at any additional team events, such as fundraisers, banquets, and award nights.
Experience with Active, Meet Manager and or Hy-tek software is preferred but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
The Club: Dadsclubswimteam.com
- Founded in 1948
- Located in Houston, Texas, 77055
- Owned facility includes: 3 pools (50×25 meter outdoor pool, 33 1/3 lesson pool, 25 yard/ activity outdoor pool) also includes meeting room, weight room, locker rooms, additional bathrooms, offices and outdoor dry-land area.
- 300+ year round pre competitive swim program
Dad’s Club Swim Team is dedicated to providing swimmers with the opportunity to reach all of their swimming goals, through commitment and hard work, in an environment that fosters life lessons.
How to Apply
Email cover letter that outlines coaching philosophy along with resume and references to:
- Rey Aguilar
- Head Coach
- [email protected]
Location: 60 S Lincoln St, Washington, PA 15301, USA
with Washington and Jefferson College
The Athletics Department at Washington & Jefferson College invites applications for a Part-time Diving Coach.
— Assist the swimming & diving staff in the daily activities of running a NCAA Division III swimming & diving program.
— Serve as the primary coach for the administration of practice and training sessions with the program’s diving student-athletes.
— Assist in planning for team travel, equipment ordering and learn about the complexities of team operations.
— Travel to competitions with team and staff and help in meet day operations.
— Other duties as assigned. Hours – Approximately 15 hours per week from October to March
Location: 220 E 6th St, Claremont, CA 91711, USA
with Pomona-Pitzer Athletics
The Pomona-Pitzer Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report to both the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach. The position is part-time over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Primary expectations will include:
- Investing in the success of the Pomona-Pitzer Swim & Dive program
- Assisting with the planning, writing and coaching of daily workouts
- Providing support for a diverse group of team members in and out of the pool.
- Fostering an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including scheduling, budgets, clothing & equipment purchase, travel and keeping practice and competition statistics.
- Manage the operation of home swim meets.
- Assisting in the recruitment of top-quality students to both Pomona and Pitzer Colleges
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Associate Head Coach.
Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience is strongly preferred.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required
The department is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for underrepresented students.