Date posted: February 19, 2021
Location: Hinsdale, IL, USA
with Hinsdale Swim Club
Job Opening: Assistant Swim Coach
The Hinsdale Swim Club, a year-round swim club that has operated for over 60 years, is seeking qualified applicants for the part-time position of Swim Coach. The Hinsdale Swim Club trains primarily in Hinsdale, Oak Brook and Burr Ridge. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, focused on swimmer development and loves children. The candidate will be an assistant coach of our developmental and competitive age group and senior swimmers. This position will require working late afternoon/evening hours on weekdays, and morning/afternoon hours on weekends, including extended weekend hours on meet weekends.
- Previous coaching experience
- Maintain the safety and background check requirements required to be a USA Swimming coach member
- A thorough knowledge of competitive swimming and stroke mechanics to coach developmental swimmers
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive role model, team-oriented, dependable, good communicator
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- US Citizen or visa authority to work in the USA
Pay is based upon experience. The Club will cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership, as well as reimburse approved professional development fees.
Date posted: February 15, 2021
Location: Greenville, NC, USA
with East Carolina University
East Carolina University
Assistant Coach – Women’s Swimming
Vacancy #: 983005
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Coach –Women’s Swimming and Diving, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Swimming recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Swimming program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Swimming program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Swimming program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution required. Prior collegiate swimming participation and/or coaching experience also required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Prior Division I participation and/or coaching experience are preferred. HyTek Meet/Team Manager experience also preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
- East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983005 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/39865
Date posted: February 13, 2021
Location: Coronado Community Center, Strand Way, Coronado, CA, USA
with Coronado Swim Association Team Elite
Coronado Swimming Association Team Elite (CSTE) is searching for an energetic and dynamic Head Coach to lead our advanced San Diego, California based club. The goal is to leverage the incredible resources available by creating a strong team foundation implementing cutting-edge technique and training plans and serving the greater San Diego community by instilling a character-based program to impact a positive trajectory for each CSTE swimmer.
CSTE has 250+ members ranging from novice to Junior National level student-athletes. The club is mentored by 2016 USA Head Women’s Olympic coach, David Marsh who serves as Strategic Vision Officer for the program. Lieutenant Commander Pete McVey is the CEO of the club and President of the Board of Directors. The club is partners with the Team Elite Professionals and often college and even olympic level swimmers are training along side the club swimmers.
The goal of the board is to support the exciting vision of the coaches by offering a program where children and teens are empowered to truly strive for their fullest God-given potential. The club operates in the South (Coronado) and North (La Jolla) areas of San Diego.
We are looking for a high energy head coach that can work with Pete, David, and his/her staff to create and manage systems that support the vision for the club. The team will strive to offer a career based competitive that would make possible the achievement of collegian, national and even Olympic medal ambition.
Duties of the Head Coach include but not limited to:
Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
On deck coaching and supervision of senior swimmers
Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups
Supervise and mentor coaching staff
Goal Setting, Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
Build continuity between different parts of the team (north-South, adjacent groups, coach progression)
Coaches education and development utilizing Coach Marsh and his network along with the many professional leadership growth opportunities brought by the many military leaders on the program and nested throughout the communities we serve.
Support fundraising efforts of the club
Input for Professional appearance of entire staff
Support and advocate for Speedo USA for swim gear, practice suits, and competition suits.
The ideal candidate has:
Experience as both a head coach and age group coach of a competitive swim team with at least 100 athletes
Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and community members
Team management skills and ability to provide clear verbal or written direction to employees/swimmers/parents
Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education
Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels
Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek – supported by our administrative assistants
Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
Technology and basic social media skills
Must pass a Background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
Provide a minimum of 3 References
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
Date posted: February 11, 2021
Location: 8454 W Airport Blvd, Houston, TX, USA
with ShAC: Swim Houston Aquatics Center
DESCRIPTION: Part Time Assistant Coaches (reports to Head Coach)
Compensation: Commensurate with coaching experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Not Required)
Hours Per Week Under 30 hours (afternoon , early evening and Weekend hours). Dependent upon need.
ShAC is looking for assistant coaches to align with the policy and procedures set forth by ShAC to assist the Head Coach or any other coaches by need.
CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2
Comprehension of Team Unify / Meet Manager
Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
Embrace and advocate the ShAC Culture
Passion for coaching and working with variable leveled athletes
Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the ShAC.
Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
Assist with set up & tear down of all ShAC hosted meets.
Assist with ShAC Staff in facilitating Events.
Attend assigned staff meetings
Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
Communicate all actions regularly between Head Age Group Coach/Head Senior Coach
Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
Continually discusses goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
Dress appropriately and professionally. Be aware of Language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
Help promote a safe and positive experience for all swimmers.
Contact: Head Coach ([email protected])
Date posted: February 9, 2021
Location: Pinewood Aquatic Center, Columbia Falls, MT, USA
with Columbia Falls Swim Team
1. Must be available for employment approximately June 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021. May be excused for
up to one swim meet with commensurate reduction in pay with approval from Swim Team Board.
2. Must be available for Divisional and State Swim Meets.
3. Must be Lifeguard Certified.
4. Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to work with age groups ranging from 5 to
19 years old (i.e. prior experience as coach, swim instructor, camp counselor, teacher, etc.).
5. Must have demonstrated ability to instruct the four basic swim strokes, flip turns, and dives all at a
1. Provide a safe and fun atmosphere to develop the children as swimmers and members of a team.
2. Supervise a staff that may include a paid assistant coach and volunteer assistant coaches; responsible
for assigning job duties to the assistant coach(es).
3. Supervise and instruct all CFST members during practice sessions and at swim meets.
4. Conduct yourself and your staff in a professional manner and as role models at all times.
5. Enforce the Columbia Falls Swim Team (CFST) Code of Conduct.
6. Recommend all swim team members meet established curfew times at swim meets.
7. Travel to swim meets each weekend (a travel stipend is provided).
8. Prepare and submit in a timely manner all appropriate paperwork and/or computer files for upcoming
9. Work with swim team members to show improvement in their swimming performance and prepare
them for competitive swim meets each weekend.
10. Give attention to individual swimmers with personal goals being set for each swimmer.
11. Create an effective written plan to manage and challenge swimmers at each practice session. This plan
must include, but is not limited to, practice times by age group; instruction of warm-up stretches and
activities; lane assignments; practice of each stroke, flip turns and diving; and conditioning. The
practice plan will be developmentally appropriate and will aid the swimmer in developing a legal and
effective stroke, and will improve technique and conditioning of each swimmer.
12. Prepare the pool for practice with the assistance of appointed swimmers.
13. Develop team rules to include consequences and rewards. Examples include practice times, attendance
at breakfast meetings, etc. This plan will be written and presented to the swim team members. An
individual’s discipline should not interfere with other team member’s swim time.
14. Create a recognition program to reward swimmers making an exceptional effort during practice and
15. Provide information, in a timely manner, to the Hungry Horse News concerning the performance of
the CFST and individual swimmers at each meet.
16. Encourage senior swimmers to be, and developed as, positive leaders and role models for the team.
17. Report to CFST Board President all incidences of inappropriate parental or community involvement or
criticism of CFST operations. Consult with the CFST Board President or other officers if the President
is unavailable, prior to taking action to address parental or community concerns.
Date posted: February 9, 2021
Location: Columbia, MO, USA
with Columbia Swim Club
Columbia Swim Club is looking for a Head Age Group Coach
- Work with the Head Coach to Build a Age Group philosophy.
- Work with swimmers ages 6-12 novice through Zone Qualifiers.
- Work with a minimum of 2 groups while overseeing all parts of the 12 & under program.
- This person should have at least 3 years of coaching experience.
- Be a great communicator with parents, coaches, and swimmers.
- They should have a sound stroke mechanic philosophy.
- Have an understanding of the long-term development of the swimmer.
- Experience in developing young coaches is a plus.
- They should also be proficient with Microsoft Office and an understanding of Team Unify and Meet Manager.
Columbia Swim Club uses 3 different pool during the year. Winter CSC uses and L-shaped 6 lane 25 yard by 25 meter pool. We also use the Mizzou Aquatic Center. During the summer we also use an outdoor 6 lane 50 meter pool.
Date posted: February 6, 2021
Location: 15610 Summit Ave, Fontana, CA, USA
with Fontana Aquatics Club
Location : Fontana, CA, USA
Job description : Assistant Coach
Reports to : Head Coach/ BOD President
Pay : Hourly with potential to going to salary, commensurate with coaching experience Hours : Under 25 hours. Depends on the needs of the team.
Job goal : To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Fontana Aquatics Club and to assist the Head Coach in developing 14& under athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as respect, discipline, integrity and commitment.
- CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2
- Comprehension of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
- Embrace and advocate the Fontana Aquatics Club Culture
- Passion for coaching and working with variable leveled athletes
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals ● Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with the Fontana Aquatics Club mission, vision and coaching philosophy.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
- Assist with set up & tear down of all FAC hosted meets
- Assist with FAC Staff in facilitating Events
- Commit to continued coaching education
On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned staff meetings
- Attend all the assigned meets for the practice group
- Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes ● Will require morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Attendance is taken every day accurately
- Communicate all actions regularly between Primary Coach and Head Coach ● Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours) ● Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes ● Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
Date posted: February 2, 2021
Location: 6707 N Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
with American Swimming Coaches Association
CEO Job Description
The American Swimming Coaches Association CEO is a passionate swimming leader who will provide vision, leadership, and management for the leading association of professional swimming coaches in the world. The CEO represents and advocates for the interest of improving the quality of coaching for the benefit of athletes regionally, nationally and internationally. The ASCA CEO coordinates the work of the ASCA staff and committees to create educational programs, services and publications for the coaching community, including the annual World Clinic, regional and international clinics. The ASCA CEO leads the ASCA to promote and distribute best practices as well as identifying, forming and delivering cutting edge knowledge in the development of swimmers and coaches.
The CEO strives to create cohesion within the coaching community for the betterment of the athletes and the sport; in doing so increases membership, effective communication between groups, relationship building and collaborative initiatives. The CEO maintains a business and financial plan that allows the professional staff to develop and the organization to grow. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors.
The ASCA CEO is responsible for the overall administration and management of the ASCA, including service programs, fundraising, and business operations. The job description outlines the areas of responsibility, including planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management, and public relations. The CEO position is a full-time position and is hired by and directly accountable to the board of directors through its elected board chair. The CEO hires all staff and the staff is accountable only to the CEO.
Management and administration
- • Develop and facilitate the ongoing VVMOST (strategic planning) process.
- • Develop organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of the ASCA.
- • Oversee business development.
- • Ensure compliance with funding sources and regulatory requirements.
- • Provide information for evaluation of the organization’s activities.
- • Develop and administer operational policies.
- • Oversee all programs, services and activities to ensure that program objectives are met.
- • Ensure that both complete confidentiality and the ASCA Code of Ethics are maintained by all board and staff members.
- • Develop, recommend, and monitor annual and other budgets.
- • Ensure effective audit trails.
- • Approve expenditures.
- • Provide for proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting.
- • Submit monthly financial statements to the board of directors.
- • Prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals, as appropriate.
- • Administer board-approved personnel policies.
- • Ensure proper (legal) hiring and termination procedures.
- • Oversee any and all disciplinary actions.
- • Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of all staff and volunteers.
- • Update Board Chair on essential staff developments.
- • Assist the board chair in planning the agenda and materials for board meetings.
- • Initiate and assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities.
- • Facilitate the orientation of new board members.
- • Work with the board to raise funds from the swimming community.
- • Staff board committees, as appropriate.
- • Provide regular updates to Board of Directors on the status of key initiatives and industry developments.
- • Serve as chief liaison with swimming community groups.
- • Ensure appropriate representation of the ASCA by all staff and volunteers.
- • Coordinate representation of the ASCA to USA Swimming, FINA, the ISL, the NCAA, the USOC, the IOC and other groups.
- Advocacy. The ASCA CEO is the voice for coaches in all segments of American Swimming – age group, high school, collegiate and professional. The CEO must stay current on key issues in all those segments, by staying in close contact with top coaches in all those segments. The ASCA CEO is a provider of proposed solutions and strategies in all those segments.
- Leadership. In the same segments where the ASCA provides advocacy, the ASCA must both provide leadership and train future leaders in those segments.
- Education. The CEO coordinates the work of the ASCA staff and committees to create industry leading educational programs, services and publications for the coaching community. This includes the annual World Clinic as well as regional clinics as well as international clinics. It also includes a collaborative relationship with USA Swimming in making a best in class certification and education program for USA Coaches.
- SwimAmerica. The ASCA developed SwimAmerica to be the best learn-to-swim curriculum available, managed by certified coaches, with the ability to become the financial base of any club in America. SwimAmerica needs to be a “business in a box,” so that coaches can manage the business without becoming full-time business people. The curriculum and delivery must remain cutting-edge and relevant to modern American families.
- International. The ASCA has become the leading swimming brand internationally, with the ASCA certifications becoming the “gold standard.” International coaches keep the ASCA offices informed of issues in their countries, because they know that the ASCA CEO will, at some point, be able to act on that information. The ASCA CEO must maintain the value of the ASCA certifications both domestically and internationally, as well as serve as the information focal point and advocate both domestically and internationally.
• The ASCA Board, and/or a sub-committee of the board, provides performance goals and metrics for the CEO evaluation.
• It is the CEO’s responsibility to place this on the appropriate agendas and board workflow.
Date posted: February 2, 2021
Location: Statesboro, GA, USA
with Georgia Southern University Women's Swimming & Diving
Georgia Southern University, a Division I member of the NCAA and member of the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association, is accepting applications for the position of Student Assistant for Women’s Swimming Coach.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Coach and Assistant Coach in all aspects of the women’s swimming and diving program including coaching, recruiting, training, coordinating team travel, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Candidates must possess enthusiasm for coaching and the sport of swimming, and be a highly motivated team player. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, Coastal Collegiate Sports Association, University and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with the development of practice materials and lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist with recruiting including and not limited to developing a database, communications (calls/texts/emails), on/off campus recruiting.
- Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
- Work closely with staff on promoting, supporting, and growing the team & athletic department mission and vision.
- Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Must maintain graduate school GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must apply and be accepted into Georgia Southern University as well as a graduate program.
Education, Experience and Skills Preferred:
- 1 year coaching experience as USA Swimming coach, volunteer assistant for NCAA swimming team, or equivalent position.
- Experience and proficiency with recruiting software, Google Drive and Hy-Tek software.
- Ability to show how this assistantship fits a 3-5 year plan towards career goals.
Date posted: February 1, 2021
Location: 3301 College Avenue, Davie, Florida, USA
with Nova Southeastern University
1. Acts as assistant coach for a particular athletic team.
2. Acts as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach.
Make independent decisions, using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the student-athletes and the university at all times.
3. Active in the entire recruitment process. Research and identify prospective student-athletes and make recommendations to the head coach regarding those potential student-athletes in consideration for acceptance with a specific team. Target potential student-athlete populations, formulate a plan to attract those student-athletes to the school, and initiate recruiting trips.
4. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and total well being of the athletic program.
5. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and preparation of practice and meet plans, and the implementation of strength and conditioning schedules.
6. Monitors the academic progress of student-athletes to comply with NCAA and Sunshine State policy, and take appropriate action.
7. Represents the university and the department in community events.
8. To be responsible and abide fully with the NCAA’s constitution, operating bylaws and administrative bylaws for the purpose of compliance, and which will be part of an employee’s performance evaluation criteria.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Date posted: January 30, 2021
Location: 3016 Rohrer Drive, Lafayette, CA, USA
with Rancho Colorados Swim Team
Rancho Colorados Swim Team is looking for an energetic and team-driven Assistant Swim Team Coach to join our vibrant Swim Team community. The Assistant Coach will work under the direction of the Head Swim Coach to provide swimmers with an opportunity to master their swimming techniques and carry our competitive swim team program forward.
Basic requirements include:
- Must have swim team experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- CPR/First Aid
- Must be reliable and want to work with kids of all ages
- Strong communication skills with a positive team-forward attitude
Date posted: January 28, 2021
Location: Stadium Drive, OCBC Aquatic Centre, Singapore
with Singapore Swimming Association
PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Reports to the National Head Coach, as well as responsible in supporting the Vice-President (Artistic Swimming), Executive Director and the Sport Director in all matters pertaining to Artistic Swimming in Singapore. To ensure, that within the guidelines and constraints determined by Singapore Swimming Association (SSA), the National Assistant Coach will assist the National Head Coach in the pipeline development of artistic swimmers, club development, training and development of new coaches.
- Effective Relationship and communication with SSA’s Partners and Stakeholders
- To assist the National Head Coach in working closely with the SSA’s partners and stakeholders including SportSG, its affiliates, other national federations, and sponsors to ensure alignment.
- To work in collaboration with the National Head Coach on all matters pertaining to the National 13-15 age-group programme as well talent identification of swimmers into the 13-15 age-group squads. National Assistant Coach also function as the Coach of the National Team and covering the duties of National Head Coach when the National Head Coach travels overseas for competitions or on leave.
- To assist the National Head Coach to develop Artistic Swimming pipeline programmes that brings up the capability of our age-group artistic swimmers to a competent junior & senior swimmer.
- To assist the National Head Coach in mentoring and developing local club coaches (assistant & new coaches) with the ability to recruit and develop more new artistic swimmers to a level where they are competent to get into national team.
- To assist the National Head Coach in the development of the young artistic swimmers as well as to provide technical support to club coaches with the goal of enhancing swimmers’ capability.
- Communicate SSA policies to all team members (including but not limited to Team By-Laws, Anti-Doping Policy, Member Protection Policies) and complete incident reports of any breaches.
- Follow up all incidents and report to the National Head Coach & VP (Artistic Swimming) on final outcomes.
- Submission of reports for programmes and courses
- Database of clubs, club coaches and athlete data and competition results
JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- Possess relevant Artistic Swimming coaching certifications.
- Experienced in coaching artistic swimmers successfully at club level.
- Demonstrated skill in forming effective working relationships and success in managing individual and group dynamics across a range of key stakeholders.
- Has the demonstrated capacity to coordinate activities, people and resources and to maintain appropriate monitoring and controls.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of Artistic Swimming to enable understanding of specific Artistic Swimming administrative procedures and technical requirements of the athletes and coaches.
- Has the interpersonal and management skills to successfully motivate and direct athletes where relevant.
- Works effectively with people and shows respect and sensitivity to their needs.
- Demonstrates a logical approach in weighing up issues and coming to a decision.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and able to provide reports when required.
- Demonstrates ability to handle crisis situations.
- Shows enthusiasm and preparedness to put athlete performance before personal considerations.
- Available to attend all pre-competition meetings, training camps and meets if require.
- Ability to work on weekends.
- Ability to travel overseas.
Date posted: January 27, 2021
Location: Cedar Falls, IA, USA
with Black Hawk Area Swim Team
Exciting employment opportunity in Cedar Falls, Iowa! The Black Hawk Area Swim Team (BLST) is in search of a Lead Age Group Coach. BLST is a board run USA Swimming club.
The Lead Age Group Swim Coach’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coach specific training groups (assigned by Head Coach) on a daily basis and other groups on a temporary basis as may be required to maintain the continuity of the training groups.
- Reporting directly to Head Coach on all matters concerning all swim programs, staff and parent concerns, and other projects assigned at staff meetings
- Being responsible for the behavior, discipline, and actions of athletes & staff during practice, competitions, and other team activities.
- Assist the Head Coach with the day-to-day operation of the BLST program.
- Abiding by the team policies and the staff handbook.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the facility, as needed and demanded by Cedar Falls Rec Center/Cedar Falls School District.
Date posted: January 27, 2021
Location: 164 Smith Ridge Road, New Canaan, CT, USA
with New Canaan Field Club
New Canaan Field Club is seeking a highly-motivated, fun and experienced swim professional to lead an established swim program. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Head Swim Coach oversees three teams of swimmers of all ability levels, and supervises the Assistant Swim Coach. The Head Swim Coach will coordinate and be present for all 4 regular season FCSL Swim Meets as well as both the Divisional Meet and the Counties, which will be held during the 1st week of August.
The Summer Swim Team Coach will be responsible for all aspects of the Field Club’s Summer Swim Team program including but not limited to: setting up pool for practice, breaking down pool after practice, training and educating participants about Swimming Fundamentals, organizing meet rosters and coaching of summer season’s Inter Club meets.
Afternoon practices begin the week after Memorial Day. Morning practices will start the week after school has ended.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to practice for set up and get dry-land ready.
- Promote a fun, safe and team-oriented environment for all participants.
- Provide direct stroke-developing coaching to three teams, five half-days per week.
- Plan and run technical development drills clinics to include stroke, start, turns etc.
- Provide more competitive training for older age groups
- Be willing to get in the water to fine tune stroke mechanics
- Offer encouraging feedback and discuss meet results with swimmer to aid development
- Coordinate with the Aquatics Director regarding home meet organization, practice planning and other pool/deck/locker room issues
- Attend all preseason, regular, and postseason swim meets.
- Coordinate preparation of pool for swim/diving meets with Aquatics Director.
- Plan and attend swim team activities that include, but are not limited to the following: Ice Cream Social/Suit Fitting Events, Time Trial, Blue and White Night, post swim meet BBQ’s, pep rallies, team trip, awards banquet. Work with the Aquatics Director and other Head Water Polo Coach to plan and implement the awards presentation at the end of season awards event
- Prepare all meet entries and record and communicate meet results to parents via email within 24 hours
- Lineups should be posted 24 hours in advance. Ensure fairness and inclusion in lineups for participating aquatics team members.
- Coordinate with the Aquatics Director to communicate information about upcoming meets via email
- Update and maintain all swim team records, bulletin boards and record cases.
- Supervise Assistant Swim Coaches.
- Communicate and meet with Aquatics Co-Chairs on a weekly basis to discuss summer schedules and any other program-related issues. Attend all aquatics staff meetings.
- Attend required FSCL meetings.
US Swim Coach Certifications or equivalent
Experience as head or assistant swim coach
Familiar with phone based timing system – Swimmingly
Good communication with children and swim parents.
Solid organizational skills
Letters of recommendation (3)
Certification Requirements: Current Adult and Child CPR Certificate, Current Advanced First Aid, Water Safety Instructor Certification.
Date posted: January 26, 2021
Location: 254 Essex Street, Beverly, MA, USA
with YMCA of the North Shore