Applications due 10/01/16
The Lemont Park District, located in Lemont, Illinois a southwest suburbs of Chicago, is looking for a part-time Senior Swim Coach for the 2016/2017 swim season. The Dolphins Swim Team has grown to a 140 swimmer team and is continually providing opportunities to allow swimmers to be the best they can be in and out of the pool. We have had many successful swimmers reach the Junior Olympics and Zones level of the championship series and are looking forward to more future successes.
The Senior Swim Coach will be in charge or our Senior and Championship swimmers as well as would be trained in, or in charge of, certain administrative duties including but not limited to programs such as Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc. In addition, responsibilities will include developing the Senior swimmers with a focus on technique, primary coaching responsibility of our 13 -18 age group, planning and implementation of swim and dryland training, attending swim meets as scheduled and consistently communicating with swimmers and parents.
Please contact Christine Aguirre, Aquatic Supervisor, at 630.327.8301 or via email at [email protected] if you are interested.
The pay range is $12 to $18 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications can be submitted at http://www.lemontparkdistrict.org/wordpress1/about-us-2/employment/
| Lemont Park District
|Job Title: Swim Team Coach|
|Reports To: Aquatics Supervisor|
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a high school graduate or equivalent. Must have four (4) years of experience in coaching and/or swimming. USS Level 2 Certification preferred. Requires strong people and customer service skills and the ability to organize and stage swim team programs effectively. First Aid/CPR/AED required.
|Type of Position:
Salary: To be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Over-time may be required.
IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) benefits provided.
The Swim Team Coach will be under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor. Responsible for the safe and effective coaching of a 100+ member Swim Team, which includes day-to-day and long-term planning and promoting of the program. Responsible to schedule and supervisor the Assistant Swim Team Coach(es). Must attend swim team conference meetings. Responsible to consult with Aquatics Supervisor on all pool related matters. This is an at-will position.
|Essential Job Functions:
1. Work varying schedules and hours as required to fulfill the duties of the position, including weekend, evening and holiday hours and be available in case of an emergency.
2. Gain knowledge and understanding of park district policies and procedures and see that they are adhered to at all times.
3. Attend mandatory in-service trainings; district-wide part-time staff orientations and crisis trainings as required.
4. Wear nametag with staff issued uniform in order to be clearly identified as a District employee.
5. Maintain a safe pool environment which will include knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment and action plan.
6. Responsible to create and maintain the swim team practice schedule which will include an outline that lists all practice and meet dates and workout goals.
7. Responsible for the execution of all Swim Meets, which will include the distribution of related materials and collection of appropriate fees.
8. Responsible to hire and maintain the assistant coach(es) schedules and attendance to ensure proper staffing is maintained for the program and team.
9. Responsible to work with the local schools and community to recruit swim team participants for all ages and skill levels.
10. Create and engage in fundraising activities for the program.
11. Must have basic knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Workout Manager, Team Unify, RecTrac and other software systems.
12. Adhere to time clock procedures and keep accurate and neat record of time worked.
13. Administer, observe and follow all District safety policies and regulations as the safety of staff and participants is of utmost importance and a continuing responsibility of all employees. Immediately notify the Risk Manager of any safety hazards in District buildings, grounds and facilities.
14. The District encourages its employees to take an active role in the appearance of the District i.e. pick up litter throughout the buildings, grounds and facilities of the District.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Capable of communicating and working as a team with all levels of park district staff, volunteers, business partners and the public.
2. Possess a clear understanding of District operations and the commitment involved.
3. Ability to work independently to produce quality and accurate work on a timely basis and resolve issues as they arise.
4. Must be punctual and dependable.
5. Ability to organize and maintain files and records, when appropriate.
6. Ability to recognize priorities and meet deadlines, when appropriate.
7. Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations.
8. Ability to accept constructive criticism and/or supervision.
9. Should possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives.
10. Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
11. Ability to organize, prepare and present information in verbal and written form.
12. Ability to maintain a safe environment for staff and the public.
1. Employee must be able to follow directions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
2. Employee must be able to represent the Lemont Park District in a professional manner in all circumstances.
3. Employee must possess knowledge of daily records management as applicable to the position.
4. Employee must possess time management and organizational skills to effectively perform his/her job responsibilities.
5. Employee must have the ability to understand and respect confidential information.
6. Employee must possess good problem solving skills and have the capacity to act rationally and calmly including high stress and/or emergency situations.
7. Employee must have the ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationship with subordinates and team members and to promote and maintain high morale and enthusiasm.
8. Employee must possess knowledge of general office machines.
9. Employee must possess computer skills required for the position held.
10. Employee must identify potential unsafe conditions and notify appropriate District personnel.
While performing the duties of this job, some bending, kneeling and reaching items off floor and high shelves is required. Performing repetitive hand/arm movements as when working on computer keyboards, calculator or writing reports, etc. Sitting for sustained periods of time while completing work at desk or workstations. Reading hand written information and writing legibly. Ability to handle stress in order to cope with deadlines. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee’s general work area is indoors in a smoke-free environment with controlled temperature and fluorescent lighting. Inside, staff maybe exposed to high humidity. Outside, staff may be exposed to weather conditions which can include cold, rain and extreme heat.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
16050 127th Street
Lemont, Il 60439