The Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD) is seeking a Lead Site Coach for Erie, PA practice location for the USA Swim Club. Lead Site Coach will coach and manage all practice groups in the Erie, PA area. This is a part-time position requiring 10-15 hours per week, beginning as soon as possible. The Lead Site Coach reports to the LESD Head Coach and the LESD Chief Administrator.
About the Lake Erie Silver Dolphins (LESD)
LESD is the top-ranked USA Swim Team in the Lake Erie Swimming District and creates opportunities for each swimmer to develop to his/her potential not only in the pool but as a world-class citizen. LESD has six practice locations across Ohio and Pennsylvania and is part of the Lake Erie Swimming LSC with novice to Olympic level athletes. LESD coaches have a unique opportunity to collaborate with each other, coach other swimmers at meets, travel to high profile meets, and grow their coaching skills and careers.
LESD is seeking a dynamic and passionate coach who is committed to expanding swimmers’ abilities, and working collaboratively with the LESD coaching team. Responsibilities include:
• Coach and manage practice groups, and provide daily feedback to every swimmer
• Teach stroke technique and endurance
• Plan workout routines
• Interact positively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches
• Co-work with other Lead Site Coaches, and work independently at Erie, PA location
• 3+ years coaching and workout/season planning experience required
• Strong leadership skills, and mentality to “keep swimming fun”
• Positive, education-based approach with school age children
• Ability and commitment to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups in the afternoon every day. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule.
• Ability to attend majority of swim meets where LESD swimmer(s) are participating
• Strong stroke technique and endurance background; patience working with younger swimmers
• Strong customer service and decision making skills
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key
• Must have all current USA Swimming Certifications
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume, 3 references, your coaching philosophy, and a cover letter to: C.J. Musser, Chief Administrator at [email protected] We are committed to diversity recruiting.